Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a successful trader, not a gambler?  (Read 2429 times)
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:37:35 AM

I fully agree with your list of characteristics. I think to become a good trader, you have to study for a long time. It's very difficult, at least for me. I still can not control my emotions(

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:00:32 PM

in my view i have both gambling mentality and trading mentality  a mix of both it is because of market volatility our decisions and actions change
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

probably the same of both is to have the brain to think and the heart to have a conscience.

but both of them will also be destroyed when it has a greedy nature, believe me because of the greedy nature that exists in every human being.

what is the purpose of brain if you cant think and decide properly? What is the purpose your heart if you are still emotional? Did you got my point? I bet your not because you cant see my comment here either.

having a heart and a brain is not enough in order to be a succesful in trading. You also need to think well and dont let your emotions swallow you in order become good at your decision making.

but overall mastering those traits wont still guarantee you a succesful trader because the reality is there is no succesful or pro traders because all of them are still exeprience to looose due to the fact that cryptos are unpredictable.
in any case, for a successful trader to have enough experience and a strong intuition, so that your results are positive. No strategy can help, if you intuitively do not react to many factors in the development of the crypto-currency market.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:34:36 PM

probably the same of both is to have the brain to think and the heart to have a conscience.

but both of them will also be destroyed when it has a greedy nature, believe me because of the greedy nature that exists in every human being.

what is the purpose of brain if you cant think and decide properly? What is the purpose your heart if you are still emotional? Did you got my point? I bet your not because you cant see my comment here either.

having a heart and a brain is not enough in order to be a succesful in trading. You also need to think well and dont let your emotions swallow you in order become good at your decision making.

but overall mastering those traits wont still guarantee you a succesful trader because the reality is there is no succesful or pro traders because all of them are still exeprience to looose due to the fact that cryptos are unpredictable.
Then how you would think up if brain is not enough? How you do think in that case litteraly? Cool

Emotions would really be a big factor when it comes to trade even having or making decisions on our own lives with just on traditional decision making scenarios where emotion is a big factor that can really affect ones decisions being a traders isnt really gambling yet we can make our own decisions basing on our knowledge and experience that we do have unless if you are just pinpointing then it would be considered as gamble.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:39:44 PM

Here are some characteristics of successful traders and gamblers:

A gambler:

- Have no transaction method.

- Do not take notes of your views on the market trend daily.

- Don’t care about risk management

- Spend most of your time focusing on winning and making profit.

- Let emotions dominated their mind when trading

-Place orders without consideration.

- Place too many orders

A trader:

-Understand and master an effective trading method

-Have a clear and specific trading plan and comply with it.

- Have a daily note on market view and trend

- Pay attention to risk management for each trading order

-Don’t set making profit and winning as their 1st priority

- Only make the deal when the price model matches the method.

-don’t let emotions control their actions

- Consider coin trading as their career and daytime job.

If you have those characteristics of the gamblers, you should change it immediately. If you have trader traits, maintain them for as long as possible and remember to always think twice before doing.

The first step after we open a trading account, then we have become a trader.
We may be lucky with tantalizing results up to a few tens of percent per day, but it's all just a coincidence. We may initially only rely on one indicator or even just by instinct, in the end you can still profit. However, the market will beat you quickly. There's not a successful trader just by relying on successful. Because, loss after loss will come to you every day until your capital out of time.

Therefore:
Take care of yourself not to be overwhelmed by your emotion especially from greed, because you can be obscured by your emotions so you can't think clearly.
Do not put money and trading like crazy.
Learn hungry for science like a passerby in a barren desert that is thirsty for drinking water.
Be able to combine each indicator, if you know exactly the benefits of the indicator.
Asking stupid questions on senior traders. But this's not over still a long way to become a successful trader.
nebiki

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:43:10 PM

if I think that makes a lot of successful traders because of his enormous hard work. by way of trading and investing, because with the focus of both the opportunity for success is very easy.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:59:03 PM

if I think that makes a lot of successful traders because of his enormous hard work. by way of trading and investing, because with the focus of both the opportunity for success is very easy.
And sometimes both were not present, there are times that we need to gamble it in times we need some earnings and doing day trading is more depends on how we can gamble in time.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:08:44 PM

Gambler's is usually a risk taker and mostly they often have risk assessment and in trading the most important thing is to evaluate the risk prior everything, so I think gambler's are successful in investment and not in trading since they always have meeting the risk, and traders should always avoid that. To be successful in trading we should have skills and strategy with patience and able to understand market trends.

racingboy

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:24:51 AM

Being a trader is just like being a gambler, in order to success both analyze the situation, same as traders analyse a chart and a gambler analyze the game. So it depends now on their analyzing skill.
Firdausiii

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:28:46 AM

if one wants to be a successful trader, it is necessary to have a specific strategy and a backup plan if he loses all amounts in this trade. So, learn the basics first before starting a trade or you will lose your money in no time. You are right we have to trade with skills and knowledge rather than luck, maybe practice for a few times but not all the time
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:48:20 AM

I fully agree with your list of characteristics. I think to become a good trader, you have to study for a long time. It's very difficult, at least for me. I still can not control my emotions(

Don't worry mate. We all start like that. We are dominated by our emotions when we first trade but later on as we get more experienced, we focus more on our strategy rather than our emotions so that we can be a profitable trader. The difference between a trader and a gambler is that a trader focuses on his strategy or trading plan while a gambler focus on winning. As a trader, every time he trades, he takes into account when he should buy or sell to have profits but a gambler focus more on emotions and more often than not, do not depend on strategy and depends on luck.

Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:50:21 AM

A gambler:

- Place too many orders

A trader:

If you have those characteristics of the gamblers, you should change it immediately. If you have trader traits, maintain them for as long as possible and remember to always think twice before doing.

Gamble they think very quickly for profit. However, the fact that gambling more lost than profit. Trade is a very smart way and the best way to earn money.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
gussupri

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:59:09 AM

A gambler:

- Place too many orders

A trader:

Gamble they think very quickly for profit. However, the fact that gambling more lost than profit. Trade is a very smart way and the best way to earn money.
no one can be rich from gambling.most of them lost their money.and they want to get back their money by joining again again untill their money backed or gone.trader doing logical in their invesment.risk acceptable for each transaction.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:07:45 AM

Thats right, that's why self-control is so necessary in crypto trading. sometimes prices rise very rapidly and make many people blind, many of them too greedy and then wait long to keep prices up. but it is precisely your greed that will harm you, because it is very possible you miss a great opportunity to sell because of greed.
daddypastes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:41:44 AM

the people trades in cryptocurrency goals to be a good and professional trader, they have their own reason why they use and enter those platforms as you've mentioned some of them is a gambler, out of curiosity they tried to make a trade on a specific coin without knowing the volatility, condition, and usage as some newbies and professional traders comes from a gambler, they tend to check it out and see how things work as they prefer to learn it in action rather than to read....
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:00:03 PM

I don't usually gamble so I would like to mention the winner's attitude from traders making handsome amount of profit from the trading activities. I have observed that traders usually try to follow the direction which is against the mass flow. As the great investor Warren Buffett says "be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful", it is based on the psychology of masses which results in good profit while trading and investing. A trader has scientific approach towards his decisions and thus he can make decisions without relying on his emotions which is not the case in gambling.
CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:56:47 PM

A successful  trader is experienced enough to make independent decisions . Analysing the market, having  his own strategy and executing it with discipline. Learning all the time and correcting his behaviour if necessary.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:36:11 AM

Thats right, that's why self-control is so necessary in crypto trading. sometimes prices rise very rapidly and make many people blind, many of them too greedy and then wait long to keep prices up. but it is precisely your greed that will harm you, because it is very possible you miss a great opportunity to sell because of greed.
We all are aware of this fact that too much greed is the major reason why people fail in making massive profits. Those who are there for changing their financial states in real terms, they don’t keep on waiting after achieving their targets. Greed is an evil deed and we better stay away from it. We should not miss a good chance of having some decent profit. I always sell off my coins when I have reached my target.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

Perseverance, patience and also consistent on the target and this should also be a consideration in the target that set  Sometimes a person targets for trying his luck factor but this is very wrong. A lot of people eventually regret this. If we are consistent on the target it will slowly convince it sure.

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:58:53 PM

I think that the patience is one of the most important things after all.
If you are not patient enough, you are going to lose all your money in just a few minutes/days/weeks after you started.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: