Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment Gateway that accepts CC and pays out in Crypto  (Read 131 times)
viwudike (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:21:05 AM

I have a website that charges $1 - $5 a year for a subscription. Until now I used a simple crypto payment facility - cheap and easy to setup.

The problem is that many of my potential users (about 95%) don't really know anything about crypto, and even if they do, they don't want to create a wallet and purchase some coins at an exchange.

I still want to continue accepting crypto, but want to allow people to pay with a credit card and/or PayPal.

Does anyone know of a payment gateway that accepts CC/PayPal (and possibly crypto itself) and pays out in crypto? I basically don't want to handle any CC or PayPal accounts, all that should be done by the gateway, I simply want to get the income paid into by BTC/BCH wallet on a monthly basis.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:35:47 AM

I'm not aware of any services that does that but what I would suggest is to use Paymentwall. You can accept multiple payment methods including bitcoin by connecting BitPay or Coinbase. That way, you are giving your users the choice to choose whatever method they want to.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
viwudike (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:14:50 AM

Thought as much, but thanks.

A bit weird that no company has popped up that does this. I understand the issue of money laundering if you have instant payment (or conversion to crypto) without an account or ID verification. But accommodating small payments of up to eg $50 would make money laundering on a large scale impossible, but provide an nice and easy-to-use transition between fiat and crypto. Kind-of like ShapeShift, but just adding fiat currencies as an additional option.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:21:01 AM

There's CoinPayments (it has the option of accepting PayPal payments [not by default], refer to PayPal Passthru).
- Unfortunately, you'll be the one to handle those (not the gateway itself).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:43:05 AM

I have a website that charges $1 - $5 a year for a subscription. Until now I used a simple crypto payment facility - cheap and easy to setup.

The problem is that many of my potential users (about 95%) don't really know anything about crypto, and even if they do, they don't want to create a wallet and purchase some coins at an exchange.

I still want to continue accepting crypto, but want to allow people to pay with a credit card and/or PayPal.

Does anyone know of a payment gateway that accepts CC/PayPal (and possibly crypto itself) and pays out in crypto? I basically don't want to handle any CC or PayPal accounts, all that should be done by the gateway, I simply want to get the income paid into by BTC/BCH wallet on a monthly basis.

I'm not aware of any that have shapeshift level automation in their service, and is able to provide their services without any hassle of KYC. You could integrate coinbase, but AFAIK the user still needs to set up his account before he actually can process any fiat deposits.

The coinpayments one is pretty much accepting paypal directly, isn't it? It doesn't convert to crypto for you.

I would stick to having credit card or paypal payments as well as an option for bitcoin payments with a tutorial of how to get bitcoins. But I doubt that anyone will sell that low of an amount to buyers anyways since fees eat up everything and on p2p trading platforms, there is a minimum of around 10 USD usually.

Basically, my advice is to offer bitcoin as an alternative for now, if majority of your users still pay via credit card or paypal there is nothing you can do but put out some tutorials to hopefully get them to convert to using BTC. Then if you want to buy BTC, do it on localbitcoins and you can do that anonymously using cash deposit/bank transfer. There are just no services available right now that fulfills all of your purposes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: