Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best alt to mine for mid term investment - AMD GPU  (Read 478 times)
cvx1170 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:08:30 AM

Hi all,

I have been looking arround but there is no recent discussion about coin to mine for mid term // like a Investment.

I have check those days and found some like below :

- EXP coin: I'm doing it since few days now
- UBIQ : seem having potential on mid term
- HUSH : no easy because not stable on my rig

Any advise / idea / shared experience

I am using AMD570-580 cards, so best result is eth platform

Tnx
Pierre
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:54:13 AM

at this point should see how much electricity bills will be paid and how many coins will be obtained then converted to BTC. any coins will be mined if the price of coins is higher (after converting to BTC) than Electric billing then the coins are worth to be mined. Personally, I am still mining in ETH for the above reasons. (one of my RIG : 6x RX 580 8 GB)

gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:00:06 AM

at this point should see how much electricity bills will be paid and how many coins will be obtained then converted to BTC. any coins will be mined if the price of coins is higher (after converting to BTC) than Electric billing then the coins are worth to be mined. Personally, I am still mining in ETH for the above reasons. (one of my RIG : 6x RX 580 8 GB)

What are your hashrates with that rig. My 12*1050ti rig gives 189Mh/s stable.
cvx1170 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

re,

I follow your comment but on midterms since Dec 17 market drop; ETH is divided by 3.
My thought is that alt like EXP or others are divided by 7 to sometime 10 and more.

The strategy is like keeping one rig 170mhs on ETH and "building" stock for long terms, electricity for me is like the investment i'm willing to place every month.
When ETH will be POS instead of POW and when companies that will want to work with ETH will need to buy big amount of ETH (because that's the goal at the end of the day to be used by major companies).

On the other side with another rig I would like to diversify the coins and mine some others, that was my original question, which one, with low market cap, with a good technology and not too much volume of coins, here are some I have noted down :

Ubiq
Exp
Hush

OtherS ? Other ideas ? comment ? are welcome 😊

Regards
Pierre

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:28:02 AM

Hi all,

I have been looking arround but there is no recent discussion about coin to mine for mid term // like a Investment.

I have check those days and found some like below :

- EXP coin: I'm doing it since few days now
- UBIQ : seem having potential on mid term
- HUSH : no easy because not stable on my rig

Any advise / idea / shared experience

I am using AMD570-580 cards, so best result is eth platform

Tnx
Pierre

If you want to make a mid-term investment through mining, than there's something you can do for maximizing the profits instead of directly mining that particular coin. Mine Ethereum, then buy the coin you want from that mined Ethereum you got.

Like if you want to mine hush, instead of doing it, mine the most profitable coin (like Ethereum) and then trade it for Hush. Mining Hush directly means you're wasting some extra holding percentage of Hush.
cvx1170 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:40:00 AM

Tnx for you reply it makes sence, it's also intesredting to mine some other coin just for the technical aspect and set up.

Another question any way to mine really news coin that are not directly on pools ect ?  Is that a profitable way to go ?  Even payment can take long time I guess.

edwardceng

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:32:51 PM

Each card hash rate is 29 Mh/s stable, sometimes is 30 Mh/s (+ Mod). Let's said 29 MH/s, so 174 MH/s in ETH. mate, why your RIG mine in ETH, kind of like that's good in Equihash.

gameboy366

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:28:05 PM

Each card hash rate is 29 Mh/s stable, sometimes is 30 Mh/s (+ Mod). Let's said 29 MH/s, so 174 MH/s in ETH. mate, why your RIG mine in ETH, kind of like that's good in Equihash.
At current rate ETH is still more profitable then equihash. I think equihash mining is overrated. Difficulty is very high now, it was very profitable last year.
But looking at decreasing rate and E3 asic, i will switch to different coin now.

Also I have heard people getting 31-33 MH/s on your card, maybe you should tweek it even more. Do you use claymore or ethminer ?
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:44:35 PM

At current rate ETH is still more profitable then equihash. I think equihash mining is overrated. Difficulty is very high now, it was very profitable last year.
But looking at decreasing rate and E3 asic, i will switch to different coin now.

It seems bitmain has been mining with equihash asics for quite sometime too, reason gpus are not profitable anymore and my sources told me, equihash asic is like xmr asics, very high hashrate x gpus, not like the e3 which is equal hashrate x gpus. The f3 is really high hashrate x gpus but only bitmain is mining with them right now.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

Also I have heard people getting 31-33 MH/s on your card, maybe you should tweek it even more. Do you use claymore or ethminer ?

I'm using the PhoenixMiner for a long time and imo, ofc, that's by far the best miner atm. My stale shares, that are reported by the pool are between 0 - 5 and my 5 card rig RX580SN+ SE are hashing at 1140/2198 cvdcc and mvdcc 868 740W from the wall with 31,5mh/s, while the cards are kinda hot - 45-50Celsius. At the moment I am only farming ETH, just because the network hashrate dropped a bit and on monthly basis I get a bit more of ETH, which in the long run I think would be the most profitable.
Can you share your results on the ethminer, btw? You got me curious about that one!
inv1s1bl3

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:53:10 PM

ETH, ETN. AMD graphics are good at mining ethash or cryptonight algos, focus on them! Do not use whattomine, there are other calculators, where you can find a lot more new coins, that are implemented and you will receive far better ROI Wink
qbert7

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:01:02 PM

What about monero7? Diff should drop tonight and from what I understand AMD runs very good on it.
inv1s1bl3

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

What about monero7? Diff should drop tonight and from what I understand AMD runs very good on it.

So, monero7 is the new algorithm on which Monero would be after the fork and it would be good to be mined with AMD?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:42:02 PM

Monero if you vega but if you have rx series only ethereum is the best to mine with rx570/rx580 and rx470/rx480.
For Nvidia cards zcash is the only altcoin that you can mine with profit according to whattomine. I just following what whattomine recommends.
So far i stay at zcash and ethereum mining.
DenJohn

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

I'm mining UBIQ atm.
gameboy366

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:00:34 PM

I'm using the PhoenixMiner for a long time and imo, ofc, that's by far the best miner atm. My stale shares, that are reported by the pool are between 0 - 5 and my 5 card rig RX580SN+ SE are hashing at 1140/2198 cvdcc and mvdcc 868 740W from the wall with 31,5mh/s, while the cards are kinda hot - 45-50Celsius. At the moment I am only farming ETH, just because the network hashrate dropped a bit and on monthly basis I get a bit more of ETH, which in the long run I think would be the most profitable.
Can you share your results on the ethminer, btw? You got me curious about that one!
Here https://prnt.sc/j1v8tt on Hive OS. Stale shares 2-7 but avg 3 or 4. No dev fee !
edwardceng

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:30:33 AM

I use Claymore, yes I know it can be 31-32 MH / s but I have a few problems with the settings, so I have to decrease a bit setting on the card. for me better stable than speed but I know some miners succeed with setting it (stable with speed).

cvx1170 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:26:53 PM

I'm mining UBIQ atm.

Also Ubiq for the moment here
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

I still keep mining ETH and Monero. Monero already had a fork, hopefully Ethereum will have some move on asic resistance. As far as I know, Ethereum Improvement Proposal 958 (EIP 958) was already submitted and included on the agenda on the lastest meeting of Ethereum development team to spark a discussion about the prudence of rendering Bitmain asic miners with the first Antminer E3. But the first batch of Antminer E3 already sold out, so it seems like ít demand is too big.
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:58:47 AM

With my RX 580's, I've stopped mining ETH and moved over to Raven.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: