Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:55:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will India Explode?  (Read 6437 times)
RenegadeMind (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:05:34 AM

With the Chinese driving the bitcoin market at breakneck speeds now, I'm kind of wondering when India will "jump on board".

Does anyone know much about the Indian market and have any thoughts on what is happening or will happen there?

thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:31:11 AM

1st conference bangalore mid Dec!
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:34:12 AM

With the Chinese driving the bitcoin market at breakneck speeds now, I'm kind of wondering when India will "jump on board".

Does anyone know much about the Indian market and have any thoughts on what is happening or will happen there?

I bet the reason you think of India because of its population is second to China, so the effect would be the same huh?

You're so wrong its not even funny. This is why the Westerns still dont understand crap about Chinese and its country,
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

I bet the reason you think of India because of its population is second to China, so the effect would be the same huh?

You're so wrong its not even funny. This is why the Westerns still dont understand crap about Chinese and its country,

He did not even make a statement, so how can he be "so wrong its not even funny"? You are a fucking idiot, no wonder you have so many people ignoring you.
Nemesis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:44:27 AM

He did not even make a statement, so how can he be "so wrong its not even funny"? You are a fucking idiot, no wonder you have so many people ignoring you.

The fact that he thinks they still havent jumped on board....Also read the damn title idiot.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:53:20 AM

It must be getting tense in India with the pressure on the Rupee and limits to Gold imports.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:55:27 AM

Chinese like gold Indian like gold, they both produce poo tons of population.

But the reason btc is doing so well in China pry because the asic chips are made there. And the news spreaded as some Chinese geeks like FC has become multimillionaire in 6 months. China is like btc silicon valley.

Before asic, btc was unheard of in China.
Nemesis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:57:50 AM

Chinese like gold Indian like gold, they both produce poo tons of population.

But the reason btc is doing so well in China pry because the asic chips are made there. And the news spreaded as some Chinese geeks like FC has become multimillionaire in 6 months. China is like btc silicon valley.

Before asic, btc was unheard of in China.

ASIC was only a weapon, the ammo is the Chinese culture.
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:04:01 AM

I just landed in Thiruvananthapuram and will be attending the conference up north in December. Some people were just arrested smuggling gold into the airport here. India is ripe for the coin.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/thiruvananthapuram-8-held-at-airport-for-smuggling-gold/430003-62-126.html

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:12:14 AM

India lags pretty far behind China in tech infrastructure and development, so I'm guessing you won't see the same kind of large-scale explosion there for a while. Though the INR about to implode does put on some pressure.
mvidetto

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:48:48 PM

If everyone in India starting using bitcoin......
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:59:20 PM

Bitcoin is getting popular in india these days but now a single bitcoins price is higher than a average indian's one month's salary so most peoples are buying small amounts only.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 03:14:38 PM

Bitcoin is getting popular in india these days but now a single bitcoins price is higher than a average indian's one month's salary so most peoples are buying small amounts only.

what about a single mBTC? the transition has to happen sooner or later Smiley
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:10:20 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing bitcoin adoption on a real level in Africa 1st.  (as a payment system, not speculative)

- African culture is already highly mobile. Despite what "we" think, they're reasonable technologically advanced and...
- Already familiar with virtual/mobile/digital payments system and...
- Already familiar with alternative currencies. (Liberty Reserve prior to shutdown)

With a history of failed local currencies, I imagine they might be eager to jump on the bandwagon of something that is less likely to collapse under massive hyper inflation/corruption - especially since it cannot be controlled by whatever corrupt polictician happens to be in play at that time - plus lack of an existing credit card infrastructure may make bitcoin the next logical step in their financial evolution. If handled correctly, this could be big in Africa, could help them enter the global marketplace and help liberate them from their current issues.

We shall see.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:13:30 PM

I thought this was going to be a nuclear topic.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:43:53 PM

I thought this was going to be a nuclear topic.

Yeah, I was like, "When Pakistan gets nukes, most likely."
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:45:20 PM

Wonder the traffic https://buysellbitco.in/ recieves.
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:52:35 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing bitcoin adoption on a real level in Africa 1st.  (as a payment system, not speculative)

- African culture is already highly mobile. Despite what "we" think, they're reasonable technologically advanced and...
- Already familiar with alternative currencies. (Liberty Reserve prior to shutdown)

With a history of failed local currencies, I imagine they might be eager to jump on the bandwagon of something that is less likely to collapse under massive hyper inflation/corruption - especially since it cannot be controlled by whatever corrupt polictician happens to be in play at that time - plus lack of an existing credit card infrastructure may make bitcoin the next logical step in their financial evolution. If handled correctly, this could be big in Africa, could help them enter the global marketplace and help liberate them from their current issues.

We shall see.

I certainly hope that is the case - I'd love to see Africa as part of a new economical paradigm, free from the corrupt governments both within and without.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:04:11 PM

Buttercoin is launching in India next year, if I remember correctly from the podcast I listened to it's set to launch there in Jan-Feb 2014.  That should give it a big boost.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:09:46 PM

We shall see.

I certainly hope that is the case - I'd love to see Africa as part of a new economical paradigm, free from the corrupt governments both within and without.

Would be nice. I look at it similar to how China doesn't really have landline phones, they skipped that whole step and went right to wireless. In the same way, hopefully Africa just goes right to Crypto and skips the bullshit -which of course has many other positive implications.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: