Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it posible to recover the coins from a hard drive?  (Read 128 times)
OnlineMoney (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:15:43 AM

I am not sure if I am in the right board/section to post this. Please moved this thread if needed though.
So here is my question: Is it possible to recover my TLE (Tattoocoin Limited Edition) from a hard drive came from an old laptop? The hard drive is not yet damage, it is still working and now currently use as an external HDD in my new laptop. Please help me guys if you know how to do it. Thank you.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:18:52 AM

I am not sure if I am in the right board/section to post this. Please moved this thread if needed though.
So here is my question: Is it possible to recover my TLE (Tattoocoin Limited Edition) from a hard drive came from an old laptop? The hard drive is not yet damage, it is still working and now currently use as an external HDD in my new laptop. Please help me guys if you know how to do it. Thank you.

Yes it is possible. Just use your old HDD as an External Hard Drive and if it hasn't been damage, you can access all your documents in this  External Hard Drive, it like a driver on your computer.
getwo

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:30:08 AM

you do now use the harddrive as an externalhd? if you have formated the drive then it could still be possible but expensive. but if you have overwriten all with zeros or on the place where the wallet was stored was writen something new i think you have lost the wallet then.  With some recoverytools you mainly get out pictures/doc/vids back. i havent found one who could recover dat files. i tried my self one time to test if it works. it didnt. and professionals was writen would use mostly the same tools i tried.
OnlineMoney (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

Yes it is possible. Just use your old HDD as an External Hard Drive and if it hasn't been damage, you can access all your documents in this  External Hard Drive, it like a driver on your computer.
Like what I had said on my first post, I’m already using it as an external HDD and it is not yet broken. Yeah I can access the photos and videos but the data of a program I don’t how to locate them. I already check the program files but I can’t find them.

you do now use the harddrive as an externalhd? if you have formated the drive then it could still be possible but expensive. but if you have overwriten all with zeros or on the place where the wallet was stored was writen something new i think you have lost the wallet then.  With some recoverytools you mainly get out pictures/doc/vids back. i havent found one who could recover dat files. i tried my self one time to test if it works. it didnt. and professionals was writen would use mostly the same tools i tried.

I didn’t format the HDD since I remove it from my old laptop. I tried to download the app/exe file of the Tattoocoin wallet in my new alptop to know what will its folder name in program files but I think the exe file doesn’t need to install it only runs.
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:30:32 AM

I think that there is no way to restore bitcoin using a hard disk because there is a code key that protects if it is deleted or lost everything.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:36:33 AM

If your hard drive is not damaged you can access it directly, find your hard drive!

If you are accidentally formatted, you need to try to recover the file with the recovery software. You need luck!

Because the recovery software can only restore 70% of the files!
gordeevaverona

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

It will not work because we ourselves are holders of the purse and its guards. The administrator does not help here.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:46:19 AM

Yes it is possible. Just use your old HDD as an External Hard Drive and if it hasn't been damage, you can access all your documents in this  External Hard Drive, it like a driver on your computer.
Like what I had said on my first post, I’m already using it as an external HDD and it is not yet broken. Yeah I can access the photos and videos but the data of a program I don’t how to locate them. I already check the program files but I can’t find them.

I didn’t format the HDD since I remove it from my old laptop. I tried to download the app/exe file of the Tattoocoin wallet in my new alptop to know what will its folder name in program files but I think the exe file doesn’t need to install it only runs.

You need to take a look at the folder appdata/roaming/tattoocoin (presumably) and look for wallet.dat
saruxanyan

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:47:52 AM

As for me it's better to make backup copies on flash drives and other things like a cloud because it's so simple if the computer broke to lose something that long ago saved up.
h-Silvan

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:56:37 AM

Yes, it is possible with special recovery programs (it's better to try not 1 program but some). I've recovered files a few times.
Its possible if you haven't purposely wiped you HDD with specially developed privacy tools.
But still there is never 100% guarantee of recovering (if HDD is damaged your coins may happen to be on damaged clusters).
perova93

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:57:13 AM

I'm very sorry but this is probably impossible, only if you try to restore the backup copy of the only thing that comes to mind
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:08:31 PM

Your hard drive is the data storage compartment for every information you had in your previous PC inasmuch has there is backup. If it is not yet damaged, you can easily access every data on it and that means your coin can easily be retrieved. Use it as an external drive by connecting it to the new PC through a USB cable.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:03:43 PM

You have 2 options:

1. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\  -  Change the Drive and Username then paste it on your file explorer and click enter. Check if there's a tattoo folder in there

2. Simply open your HDD on your computer and use the search function to locate the folder (if you are uncertain with the exact folder name, just type tattoo, I guess it has that word)

• Once you see the folder, just open and copy the wallet.dat file
• Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\ (this time, change only the username)
• Open the tattoo folder then replace the wallet.dat with the one you get from your HDD
• Run the wallet and check if it will sync
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:10:24 PM

you told that your hard drive is not damaged, then it should not be a problem

check the directory where your  wallet.dat is in, you can make a search or it should be in a directory like  appdata/roaming/tattoocoin

only thing you have to do is finding the wallet.dat and you should remember the password or private key
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: