Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Woolf, the first blockchain-powered university, preparing for presale  (Read 168 times)
DrJDuq (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:43:08 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 10:37:01 AM by DrJDuq

K Blok

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:44:56 PM

Very cool concept. Do you see the market being open to this? How will you find students? 
K Blok

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:30:36 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your good questions. We expect to roll out teaching in the next academic year (2018-19). The prototype of the "check-in" procedure - through which the student will check-in for a tutorial with a teacher - is already available, and can be visualised in the demo section of our website. North and South America (there has been a lot of interest lately for the project on the part of academics in Mexico for instance, and elsewhere in the Spanish-speaking world) as well as Asia (we were quickly covered by the Asia Times, for instance) and Africa will be important markets from launch. Summer students will also be likely users of the platform, as well as customers of current "online" education (which this platform is NOT as it allows on-site teaching as well, especially more so when the network will be saturated).

Please do not hesitate to join our Telegram channel (http://[Suspicious link removed]/WoolfTelegram) and ask more questions if you are interested...and spread the word as we need support as the token sale is coming!

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Your demographics do not surprise me. I am excited you are showing utility so early with a demo in place. The roll-out is ambitious but that is what blockchain is all about.

Chatting on telegram now. Cheers Mate
wriizo

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

Wow, this is really interesting stuff. You guys are really changing the game with the universities. Never in a million years I would thought of a decentralized university with its own digital currency. If I was a student at this time I would definitely rolled in to this university. I'm a 100 per cent checking back in to this topic in a short period of time to see how you guys are doing. Wish you all the best Woolf Uni!
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:44:59 PM

This is a game changer just like someone has rightly pointed out but the concept behind is what I want to understand and how to make it happen. Pardon my curiosity though as I am having difficulty processing my knowledge of what a university entails and how this will be synchronised with the project.

A university is a degree awarding institution which is regulated by authorised government agency to accredit its courses and facilities couple with the syllabus that would be used in such and certificates awarded by this institutions is the basis for any white collar jobs in a particular country. How will this university work? Will it be a degree awarding institution? Will it be regulated by the agency in charge? If its an online institution, will the certificate be recognised by employers of labour? An explanation to this would go along way to give clarity to a lot of people who have eyes on this project.
DerekWallner

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:15:10 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Jonathan and I am on the leadership team launching Woolf, the first blockchain-powered university with its own native token. 

Woolf is in discussion with presale token investors now – presale token investors can contact us directly. We will soon be announcing both the official presale and the main token sale.  communications@woolf.university

Please join our Telegram Group to get the latest updates about the project and chat with the Woolf community (https://t.me/joinchat/HwlpWUcnfOwfkqhscWh66g) and be sure to check out our video (https://youtu.be/AfoDzY_CHp8) and website (https://woolf.university), which now includes demos as well.

We are working to address employment problems in higher education, inequalities of student access, and a frequent lack of personal teaching from professors. Woolf will be the first decentralised university with its own native token offering one-to-one teaching between academics and students.

This is NOT a spam. Please do read the Whitepaper carefully, and look at the news coverage on the home page.

Hi, Jonathan! I believe that the introduction of new technologies (I mean -  cryptocurrency) into the sphere of education is very important and is really a necessary thing in 2019 !!! I believe that we will use only cryptocurrencies to pay for everything in the near future. Therefore, the introduction of payment with cryptocurrencies in the field of education is the right step! I have an experience of how universities and educational services such as speech writing service PapersOwl UK begin to implement cryptocurrency! My university permits me and students who study at my university to make payments using Bitcoin and Litecoin now. It’s a pity that not a lot of students use this innovation. But I think that all students will pay for their studies in cryptocurrency in a couple of years!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: