Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the signature campaigns  (Read 738 times)
W2014 (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:55:15 PM

Hello, please how many people are using bitcointalk forum? I have heard that there are registered about 2 million accounts. But probably there are more accounts than real people. I see that there are many junior and newbies accounts, probably they are quite new, so is there any statistics about new members? I think most of them only want to earn here. How many of all members wear signature and are registered in signature campaigns?

I just wondering about the future of this forum, the signature campaigns and the bounties. If everyone will do bounty and signature, then there will be no future, right?

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:12:47 PM

You have asked too many questions  Shocked

Hello, please how many people are using bitcointalk forum?

Take 2,009,932 registered accounts, delete 1,103,866 accounts with no sign on for 90 days, no posts and no trust
and that leaves us with 906,066 active accounts. archive

But probably there are more accounts than real people.
- yes of-course. Many people have more than one alt accounts, publicly declared or even non declared who cares.

is there any statistics about new members?
- Sure there will be as it's a database driven site. Question is how to get access.

How many of all members wear signature and are registered in signature campaigns?

- Hard to say. May be the system can tell how many are wearing signature but that does not mean that this will be a correct stats. There are many members including me not wearing a paid signature. I am sure these should not count as bounty hunting.

If everyone will do bounty and signature, then there will be no future, right?
- What makes you think like that? Please us to understand your dimension.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

If we can get rid of the bad signature campaigns, and reduce the low quality spamming, then the forum can grow back into the valuable resource it was a few years ago.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

There are currently: 1993947 users registered here.
I'd suggest that's probably about 100000-200000 people (as one user probably has an average of 10-20 alts I'd reckon based on what I've witnessed here).

I assume the majority have used their signature for something. At least half will be in some sort of signature/bounty campaign I assume.

There will now be a greater amount of Jr Members and Newbies that are just stuck where they are (if they write bad posts then they won't get any merit and won't be able to go up in rank).

Signature campaigns are quite a good way at keeping good quality posters at the forum, but if campaign managers don't moderate it too well, this is where the massive amount of spam comes from as users get free money for writing useless posts.

There are already fewer signature campaigns for newbie and Jr members, however, bounty campaigns still include them sometimes so that might lead to a larger amount of spam. There are more veteran members who spam but they usually care more about their accounts than a brand new member will as a brand new member can just ditch their account.
W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:20:46 PM

You have asked too many questions  Shocked

Hello, please how many people are using bitcointalk forum?

Take 2,009,932 registered accounts, delete 1,103,866 accounts with no sign on for 90 days, no posts and no trust
and that leaves us with 906,066 active accounts. archive

But probably there are more accounts than real people.
- yes of-course. Many people have more than one alt accounts, publicly declared or even non declared who cares.

is there any statistics about new members?
- Sure there will be as it's a database driven site. Question is how to get access.

How many of all members wear signature and are registered in signature campaigns?

- Hard to say. May be the system can tell how many are wearing signature but that does not mean that this will be a correct stats. There are many members including me not wearing a paid signature. I am sure these should not count as bounty hunting.

If everyone will do bounty and signature, then there will be no future, right?
- What makes you think like that? Please us to understand your dimension.
Thank you for your reply! I mean that it is nonsense if everyone would do bounties and signatures.. There won´t be investors for these ICOs, because everyone will earn "free" tokens..

W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

I'd suggest that's probably about 100000-200000 people (as one user probably has an average of 10-20 alts I'd reckon based on what I've witnessed here).

I assume the majority have used their signature for something. At least half will be in some sort of signature/bounty campaign I assume.

There will now be a greater amount of Jr Members and Newbies that are just stuck where they are (if they write bad posts then they won't get any merit and won't be able to go up in rank).

Signature campaigns are quite a good way at keeping good quality posters at the forum, but if campaign managers don't moderate it too well, this is where the massive amount of spam comes from as users get free money for writing useless posts.

There are already fewer signature campaigns for newbie and Jr members, however, bounty campaigns still include them sometimes so that might lead to a larger amount of spam. There are more veteran members who spam but they usually care more about their accounts than a brand new member will as a brand new member can just ditch their account.
Wow, it is real that every person has an average of 10 accounts? It is not against the rules? They are using their multi accounts only for signature campaigns right?

jao18

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:27:51 PM

I think some signiture campagin and bounties is a scam and spam theres a lot of thing need to learn about it

And another question please... how we can deal with it if a signiture campagin is a scam?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:31:14 PM

Wow, it is real that every person has an average of 10 accounts? It is not against the rules? They are using their multi accounts only for signature campaigns right?

I assume that's going to be what the figure is approximately.
And not all alts are used for signature campaigns. Some will use them for other things (in historical cases here, users like QuickSeller have been known to self-escrow with several alt accounts).

There are people who will also build up accounts to sell them. Some account farmers in poorer countries may have 100+ accounts that they keep farming and do it as a job to get them all to a higher level (or they would have done until these limits of merit came into force).

There are also bounty campaigns that people might participate in where they could produce 1000 accounts just to post on that one bounty thread and get the earnings from it.

I've noticed in the marketplace, for example, people are buyind bulk facebook accounts from other peope or buying "Friends"/"Followers" that look as if they're legitimate (with a real name and some other info filled).

And there are no rules agaisnt owning multiple accounts. No rules agaisnt selling them either...
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:35:17 PM

I think some signiture campagin and bounties is a scam and spam theres a lot of thing need to learn about it

And another question please... how we can deal with it if a signiture campagin is a scam?
You made me laugh a lot. Only those things can help you
Learn more knowledge, spend more time in the forum to read useful topics (not shitty ones, please); experience more by reading information about more signature campaigns, joined more of them.
And scam signature campaigns come from scam projects. Be prepared enough to realoze scam projects.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 01:36:30 PM

Thank you for your reply! I mean that it is nonsense if everyone would do bounties and signatures.. There won´t be investors for these ICOs, because everyone will earn "free" tokens..

You are coming to wrong conclusions. Some shitposters do come to this forum from their bottomfeeder communities simply to spam the forum for bounties and shittoken airdrops with their half-english carved shitposts and vomitposts. They contribute to the scum of this forum. Compare this to the real life scenario of the society.

Again there are investors among us as well. Many people have been trading and investing into ICOs as well. Maybe they are part of some campaign maybe not. So dont jump into conclusions.

Scam in the sense? Signature campaigns are a privilege and not a right. Get used to them not paying out specially if it not escrowed payment. A scam project on the other hand is something different.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:52:54 PM

You can do nothing, they have in the rules, that they don´t have to pay bounty hunters for their work if they don´t reach soft cap and so on..

W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:59:29 PM

And not all alts are used for signature campaigns. Some will use them for other things (in historical cases here, users like QuickSeller have been known to self-escrow with several alt accounts).

There are people who will also build up accounts to sell them. Some account farmers in poorer countries may have 100+ accounts that they keep farming and do it as a job to get them all to a higher level (or they would have done until these limits of merit came into force).

There are also bounty campaigns that people might participate in where they could produce 1000 accounts just to post on that one bounty thread and get the earnings from it.

I've noticed in the marketplace, for example, people are buyind bulk facebook accounts from other peope or buying "Friends"/"Followers" that look as if they're legitimate (with a real name and some other info filled).

And there are no rules agaisnt owning multiple accounts. No rules agaisnt selling them either...
Yeah, I read the rules and there is nothing about multi accounts and account selling, but I see there are many red tagged users here. Why they receive negative trust even though it is not against the rules? For signature campaigns these red tagged accounts are useless.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:26:15 PM

Yeah, I read the rules and there is nothing about multi accounts and account selling, but I see there are many red tagged users here. Why they receive negative trust even though it is not against the rules? For signature campaigns these red tagged accounts are useless.
Because the trust system are not moderated by the forum, no admin can remove negative trust given by DT Members.
Trust System are used to mark accounts that displays dishonest behaviours that does not fall under Forum Rules, selling account for instance.
Basically, something that is against the community will receive negative trust, while something that breaks against the forum rules will be banned Smiley

Multi accounts are allowed as long as you used them not for signature campaign or something similar.
There are many mods who have more than one accounts.

Hello, please how many people are using bitcointalk forum? I have heard that there are registered about 2 million accounts. But probably there are more accounts than real people. I see that there are many junior and newbies accounts, probably they are quite new, so is there any statistics about new members? I think most of them only want to earn here. How many of all members wear signature and are registered in signature campaigns?

I just wondering about the future of this forum, the signature campaigns and the bounties. If everyone will do bounty and signature, then there will be no future, right?
You can count members who joined Bitcoin signature campaign by doing manual calculation Roll Eyes
Here's list of current Bitcoin signature campaign, you can count the number of participants if you'd like to
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:28:58 PM

Particularly if a member doesn't know anything about posting good quality or doesn't know anything about basic working of bitcoin, he should never join a campaign which demands 20-25 posts per week. Do you guys think making 3-4 posts per day is easier? Making 3-4 posts per day of high quality is somewhat really difficult and that's the time where spams generate. Of course if you are a shitposter it would be quite easier. If you doesn't know how to write a quality post then join in campaigns which demand 10 posts per week where you would be posting 1 quality post per day.

Some campaign managers doesn't even check the posts which the signature spammers make and reward them stakes. There are members who cover their 10-20 posts criteria just by joining twitter and fb campaigns and making reports of their likes and shares in social medias. Managers could implement what alu team is doing for their bounties by offering them a form to fill up for fb and twitter campaign reports which would reduce spam a lot.

Bitcoin Discussion is the biggest frog pond which cannot be cleaned even if all the mods of this forum join together. There are some technical threads on Altcoin Discussion which needs to be answered, but it becomes unanswered and they get buried as time passes. There would be investors for these tokens, as this is done for marketing their coin which could potentially bring some investors for their coins. Doing signature bounties is not bad, but spamming the forum to receive the rewards are considered to be bad.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

I will answer your questions in direct to the point. The future of what you said is remain balance. Giving a conclusion without analyzing the situation was a bat habit mr. The token receive from the ICO can be liquidate to the market and as I know some of investor start with this scenario. In fact I am one of those investor. Practicing without losing or suffering of own money in the market, sounds good right?

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:52:44 PM

So there are different ways to earn through this forum, and not only signature campaigns and bounties, so to answer your question, there will still be a future for this bitcointalk forum, as long as crypto and blockchain are still existing one way or the other. That being said, you assumption that there may people multiple accounts to a single user is very valid, and that is what the mods are here for, sometimes they spot these things through signature campaigns and ban those account permanently. However, yes they cam easily create a new account, but they will have to start form the bottom again, which is very difficult now with the merit system and all. Plus lower level account do not earn much in sig campaigns, so it sort of discourages, one to go through all that effort time and time again, when they are caught.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Twitter campaigns and facebook campaigns are just botfest all posting at each other and no one actually investing much anymore. IMO that is why we are seeing such a massive drop in crypto, and especially ethereum. ICOs are being forced to do KYC and not allow non-accredited investors to invest in their ICOs, which means that spamming twitter and facebook is a waste of time. That leaves signature campaigns as the best way to earn investor trust.

The problem is the constant spam. I think the merit idea will keep down multi-accounts and keep spammers from ranking up, thereby rewarding the quality posters. However, I think we need more ideas along the same lines. Merit hasn't been a magic bullet.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

This is exactly why they're given negative trust. So the account gets marked as people are likely to scam/spam with an alt account.

As said before, it's not against forum rules to scam people, it's something that is managed more by the community unless it's a blatant scam. If someone postst a ponzi cheme, now, it's likely to be deleted by the mods. A couple of years ago when I started, they used to leave them up, so loads of newbies fell for them. Also, there were a lot of newbies at the time (me included) that posted asking advice on how profitible those sites would be (and a group, who, invested and lost 70BTC in a ponzi scheme).

nakamura12

Activity: 2268
Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:24:05 PM

Red tags means they have negative trust. Those who recieved negative trust did something wrong or they just negative trust him/her for no reason. Negative trust serves as a warning to other users and those who had negative trust revenge on other users or negative trust you for no reason. My friend did recieved a negative trust for no reason and he did nothing wrong.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:41:10 PM

Red tags means they have negative trust. Those who recieved negative trust did something wrong or they just negative trust him/her for no reason. Negative trust serves as a warning to other users and those who had negative trust revenge on other users or negative trust you for no reason. My friend did recieved a negative trust for no reason and he did nothing wrong.
Yeah, when it is not moderated, there is nothing what he can do, and I think that is bad. Negative trust should receive only scammers, because when you receive you can see this in your profile: Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

ataltalan

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

many questions you ask about bitcoin forums.
members will not decrease, will increase even as the bitcoin grows.
this will have a good impact.
In my opinion

AQUA ™ 《REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRI》 www.aquaintel.io
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤ TOKEN SALE: 7 MEI 2018 ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ [/ center ]
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:04:55 PM

Signature campaign in one form promoting any kind of project on this forum. Before the ICO projects comes to the market there are many mixing and gambling campaigns were in this forum but there is no big competition like we are seeing now in the time any new campaign announces.

As like if anything comes in future even that comes to promote here on this forum and then that time people working for those campaigns like we do campaigning on ICO projects.

But being depending on this alone means you are fool and not looking to equip yourself.
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:13:06 PM

It could have a worse future than we might think if Merit system was not introduced. There were literally no much effective ways of decreasing spam or stopping the trend of multiple alts enrolling in signature campaigns to earn money until theymos implemented this system to restrict spammers from ranking up without any prior efforts towards the betterment of the community. But now I think the future won't be too bad, seeing the fact that there will only be quality posters in signature campaigns (if there will be any) as spammers won't rank up and stop using the forum if they find it not working for them.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:57:29 PM

The above the amount of users that are involved in a sMerit Transaction (*) by Rank, and how many of them have a signature in their profile.
Signature is not always equivalent to signature campaign, since we can put whatever we please on the signature field in our profile. For example, the Administrators have a bitcoin address (theymos) and links to certain bitcoin forum sections (Cyrus). Also many newbies have a personal frase and not a signature campaign, as do others.

Nevertheless, it's a good indicator to the amount of active users (*) that participate in a signature campaign: around 71%

Note: (*) Users considered in this stat are those that either act as a sender or receiver of sMerit
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:57:42 AM

I think future of this forum will be on all registered account hands, certainly moderator and admins will be have higher concern rather than others. So future is also relying to us, including you and me. I hope this forum to be kept and maintained for long term, that's the reason for merit system implemented and seems worked until now.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:11:23 PM

I am very sure of all members in this forum, maybe only about 40% who participate to be investors, the rest only work in forums, follow bounty campaign.
W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

The above the amount of users that are involved in a sMerit Transaction (*) by Rank, and how many of them have a signature in their profile.
Signature is not always equivalent to signature campaign, since we can put whatever we please on the signature field in our profile. For example, the Administrators have a bitcoin address (theymos) and links to certain bitcoin forum sections (Cyrus). Also many newbies have a personal frase and not a signature campaign, as do others.

Nevertheless, it's a good indicator to the amount of active users (*) that participate in a signature campaign: around 71%

Note: (*) Users considered in this stat are those that either act as a sender or receiver of sMerit
Nice graph, it is yours? So almost everyone wear signature, because they are paid for posting here, nothing bad, but mabye because this fact new merit system was implemented...

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Nice graph, it is yours? So almost everyone wear signature, because they are paid for posting here, nothing bad, but mabye because this fact new merit system was implemented...

It is a good graph. However, it should be noted that this is everyone with a signature, not everyone with a paid signature.

Theymos, for example, has a signature with his donation address in it. This shouldn't really be mistaken as a paid signature he's put in for himself.
Although, information on that would be much more difficult to determine whether someone has a paid signature or not and would take a lot more data analysis so that graph is good as a rough example anyways.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

It is a good graph. However, it should be noted that this is everyone with a signature, not everyone with a paid signature.

Also 'paid' is a bit subjective. I often put an affiliate link in my sig. I do this for hosting, domain registrars or domain sales sites. Obviously I hope to profit from this. I often include domain names that I want to sell, or my sites that I may want to promote. A signature is quite useful for me, but I don't have any pressures to display it.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

Yes, graph is mine based on data no order that two weeks (plenty more if you look through my post history if you enjoy stats). It is interesting and I even gave it a go at trying to figure out which signature campaigns had most users currently, but since each rank level has a different physical signature  it’s hell trying to group them together properly by campaign.

Merit system requirements are indeed in my opinion correlated to this: signature campaigns require users to post around 15 to 20 post per week. That is a lot of posting and many people tend(ed) to post anything/anywhere to comply. Merit system’s objective is to allow compliance whilst not posting too much crap in the process.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 08:30:13 PM

Although, information on that would be much more difficult to determine whether someone has a paid signature or not and would take a lot more data analysis so that graph is good as a rough example anyways.

Yes your right. Basically, since each rank had a different signature and there are so many signatures all in all, it would be a long exhausting process trying to distinguish what is a campaign signature from what is a personal alternative option. That would be content based analysis.

I should like to stress out that the graph is only based on data concerning users that have either given or received sMerit, since that dataset is manageable in terms of raw data gathering. That means that it does not contain info on those users with a signature that do not merit others nor receive it.

It’s good enough though to get a general idea of signature campaign subscribers.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:46:46 PM

Yes your right. Basically, since each rank had a different signature and there are so many signatures all in all, it would be a long exhausting process trying to distinguish what is a campaign signature from what is a personal alternative option. That would be content based analysis.

I should like to stress out that the graph is only based on data concerning users that have either given or received sMerit, since that dataset is manageable in terms of raw data gathering. That means that it does not contain info on those users with a signature that do not merit others nor receive it.

It’s good enough though to get a general idea of signature campaign subscribers.

Yes. Though it is also probably the better quality posters that are taken into account here also as users who have sent and recieved several merit generally have a better posting quality or have a history here that stands out a bit against everyone else.

Also 'paid' is a bit subjective. I often put an affiliate link in my sig. I do this for hosting, domain registrars or domain sales sites. Obviously I hope to profit from this. I often include domain names that I want to sell, or my sites that I may want to promote. A signature is quite useful for me, but I don't have any pressures to display it.
I was also considering the 'paid' bit myself.
For example, ChipMixer have their signature and it's the same as the paid one, but they're not getting paid to wear it, they're just advertising their service - so it would look like it's a paid for one when it's not (to something like a bot or someone who doesn't know it's their company - if it was someone like Stunna with a primedice signature then you couldn't immediately relate them unless you knew that they owned PD).
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:30:24 PM

If we can get rid of the bad signature campaigns, and reduce the low quality spamming, then the forum can grow back into the valuable resource it was a few years ago.

Yah, just think in another way. More accounts will remain contributing quality posts which in turn enhance the forum. This would in turn make more members and juniors urge themselves go much deeper in learning and providing quality posts to rank up with merits. This will spread good fame and name to all bounties and signature campaign and other campaigns as well. We will have rooms for new innovations, ideas, encouragements as well as good pay from all sources available in this forum. Quality stuffs always gains a vast market though it takes time. But it remains strong then after.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:51:26 PM

There are many accounts listed in this forum, but only a few are active and can also contribute well to forums. This is a problem because sometimes everyone just aims to earn money and without the feeling of wanting to give the best of what they do. Signature campaign will always motivate someone to be able to provide the best, but sometimes there are people who just pursue the post without any sense of wanting to give the best. For me we as a member in this forum should be able to give a real contribution, especially when we get paid from things like signature campaign.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:48:07 AM

I think future of this forum will be on all registered account hands, certainly moderator and admins will be have higher concern rather than others. So future is also relying to us, including you and me. I hope this forum to be kept and maintained for long term, that's the reason for merit system implemented and seems worked until now.

And this forum should be an informative for everyone that's looking for a reliable one.
So it's so nice that the moderators are doing their best to improve the rules here and to at least lessen the spammers. Hope the true essence of this forum lives on for more years.

W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:40:40 PM

And how many members clicked on your advertisement? Worth it? Because I think that many people don´t read what you have in your signature space.

W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

Yes, graph is mine based on data no order that two weeks (plenty more if you look through my post history if you enjoy stats). It is interesting and I even gave it a go at trying to figure out which signature campaigns had most users currently, but since each rank level has a different physical signature  it’s hell trying to group them together properly by campaign.

Merit system requirements are indeed in my opinion correlated to this: signature campaigns require users to post around 15 to 20 post per week. That is a lot of posting and many people tend(ed) to post anything/anywhere to comply. Merit system’s objective is to allow compliance whilst not posting too much crap in the process.
Yeah, but I think that it's a little bit unfair, those who were active in the past and received their rank earlier.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

And how many members clicked on your advertisement? Worth it? Because I think that many people don´t read what you have in your signature space.

I'd disagree with this. I read some of them normally. If it's one I have seen a bit or one that looks good, i'll click the link and check it out.
I think i've found a lot of bitcoin sites either from their ann page or from others' signatures.

Though I doubt it's a great earning, they probably get something. There were users who reported getting "some" clicks every week - I d'nt thik you get a lot but you can probably get a few (it's not as much as buying an ad though on the forum).
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:04:51 PM

You are right, the number of registered profiles is much higher than actual number of real people behind them. There are many profiles that were banned or there are some profiles belong to one person.
I think making money through different campaigns is one of the main targets why people come here, it is somewhere between two other targets: to know more about bitcoin and to sell something through the forum. While the commercial performed by signature/bounty campaigns works and attract investors or users to the product, all this will continue to function as long as demand for such kind of work is going to be on the necessary level. I do not like to talk about far far future, but I expect that signature/bounty campaigns will be trendy for several years more.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:29:39 PM

Yeah, but I think that it's a little bit unfair, those who were active in the past and received their rank earlier.

Laws will always keep changing and there will always be people who disagree. If you were working when taxes in your country were at 10% and at some point they became 12%, your children would be against it saying that they are now going to be forced to work more to have the same money as their parents. What can you do about it, that's how the world is built.
I could say that Bitcoin is unfair because early adopters have so much and could buy them for a few dollars.

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:36:34 PM

You are right, the number of registered profiles is much higher than actual number of real people behind them. There are many profiles that were banned or there are some profiles belong to one person.
I think making money through different campaigns is one of the main targets why people come here, it is somewhere between two other targets: to know more about bitcoin and to sell something through the forum. While the commercial performed by signature/bounty campaigns works and attract investors or users to the product, all this will continue to function as long as demand for such kind of work is going to be on the necessary level. I do not like to talk about far far future, but I expect that signature/bounty campaigns will be trendy for several years more.
Yes, they are too many registered accounts lately and they are all newcomers in the forum and some of them maybe did not pass on the merit system implemented by admin theymos, they were stuck on Jr. member rank so, I think from now on the bounty/signature participants were lessen. Probably they stopped working in the forum because of low rate in Jr. member rank to make a profit.
So, we are lucky for them that we had already this rank before merit implemented, and it takes a year before you've reached a higher rank.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
W2014 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:08:08 AM

But I think that it is impossible, there are a lot of ICOs now and people are less interested in investing to the ICOs.

btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:30:39 AM

But I think that it is impossible, there are a lot of ICOs now and people are less interested in investing to the ICOs.

It does not has any relation with the future of signature campaign, but I agree the fact the ICOs has become less interested for newcomers due to recent stricter governmental rules in many countries around the globe.
Honestly, I think this new movement is good for the crypto ecosystem, in general, and will help to protect newcomers, naive investors from greedy scammers (who are abundant in the crypto world).
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:19:33 PM

users are Divided into different distinction, there are people like what OP said that make money through all kinds of campaigns, while others are just roaming around checking some legit projects to invest, and others are looking for a member of a team to be made.
in bitcoin discussion there are people who discuss about bitcoin, but not all thread are pertaining to bitcoin discussion.
in meta section there you'll see admin, developers, DT members and moderators, So in other words, there are more newbies and jr members because the community is growing but the sad part is some are taking advantage, However, Merit is implemented, DT members are now more strict, and admin and devs are now doing great things.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:06:35 PM

This is what happens when one has no work give advice on something one doesn't understand or has done.

Ps signature campaigns is not easy and whoever told you, he lied period.

People participating in signature campaigns are often soft target, but what you'll fail to see we don't get paid for shitty posts, one liners plus on top we need to make sure we follow the guidelines which you free folks abuse at will.

I don't know merits stats but contact darkstar and ask him for the stats that his signature campaigners have made, and if he is in the mood overall signature Campainers more than you free folks week after week.

Signature campaigns is a way where people are earning and earning good, and this forum should keep it as it is.

There's always a report button don't like a post report it or report to the campaign manager he'll take care of it.
WizardCount

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:51:44 AM

some people who join here (older) most of them join in bounty campaign especially signature, some (beginner) maybe they just want to just ask or seek a new learning, maybe this has become a natural thing for everyone because they want to have additional income
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6834

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:40:20 AM

I don't know merits stats but contact darkstar and ask him for the stats that his signature campaigners have made,
He keeps his stats on the Chipmixer spreadsheet for all to see, which I think is a nice touch on his part.  Though I think all campaigns ought to have higher standards, I like the fact that he's recruited some of the most merited and trusted members of bitcointalk to participate in that one.  Glad to be part of it. 

I would disagree that being in a sig campaign isn't an easy job.  It is true that it's hard to get into one if you're an illiterate spammer, but if you know how to write and have thoughts worth putting onto the screen, it's fairly easy.  Now, would I be saying that if campaigns only paid in Arabic or French?  Absolutely not, because I don't know either language--so I get it, it's a matter of perspective.  On the other hand, I wouldn't even consider joining such a campaign.  That's the difference between the average low-ranked bounty participant and myself.  I know my limitations and I don't think using google translate is a viable solution to posting on bitcointalk.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Heroonnone

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:48 PM

This will be a very interesting account statistics for this forum. I think that a lot of people have recently registered on this forum. How do you think how much more time will this forum exist?
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:26:41 AM

I think future is bright for the signature campaigns after twitter and FB both restricted ICO advertisements. Also, merit system definitely reduced multi-accounts and spammers count. If bounty managers will check every post manually and kick out one-liner spammers, it would make signature campaigns even more appealing.

I discovered that once you change your signature, it changed on each previous post, so people can do several bounties at once if BM is not carefully checking each member. I suggest making a signature permanent, unless you manually edit your old post, leaving different time stamp.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:28:42 PM

I am newbie here, and i dont have a trust or merit and im worried that after how many months my account will be deleted or it is just my imagination that my account will be deleted after how many months.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:23:49 PM

I am newbie here, and i dont have a trust or merit and im worried that after how many months my account will be deleted or it is just my imagination that my account will be deleted after how many months.

Not having trust nor merit over time does not qualify for locking an account. Providing you stick to forum rules, don't post crap constantly and don't belong to a group of farmed accounts you should be Ok.

I've seen that you've recently retaken activity on the forum after just over 5 months of inactivity, so it would be good if you read all about the Merit System here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0.

Read through the whole thread to get a hang of it and not just the OP.
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:32:17 AM

Actually , Signature campain can give us more knowledge in terms of crypocurrency/bitcoin . For me , those forums are big help. Since ,Im still new here and i dont have a lot of knowledge in this. I read in forums and i learned from those.

You can have a future in signature campaign.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:33:59 AM

Actually , Signature campain can give us more knowledge in terms of crypocurrency/bitcoin . For me , those forums are big help. Since ,Im still new here and i dont have a lot of knowledge in this. I read in forums and i learned from those.
They dont. Signature campaigns are a method to monetize the signature spaces of well known members of the forum in order to advertise some product service or ICO. If you are looking to knowledge on crypto you should read their wiki and read the threads posted in the forum. Posting in threads come a long time after you have known everything.

Read more and observe more than you speak.

You can have a future in signature campaign.
Definitely the one reason why shitposters flock in this forum and why this forum went to the trashcan in the face of horrible bounty managers coming up like toadstools.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5942

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:56:54 AM

I think signature campaigns are also a method to spread Bitcoin's adoption.
Many people who never owned a bitcoin or any other crypto come here and become spammers/shitposters, or maybe even a good forum member, and receive his first cryptos by doing sig/bounties.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
tuansemazi

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

I think the bounty KYC solves the problem of multiple accounts as long as they join a bounty program, but if they use multiple accounts for different campaigns it will be very difficult to prevent this.
NickCliar

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:29:33 PM

If all projects are not even scanned or let say approved by the staff here before creating their announcement and making their official bounty threads is like also welcoming all scam project to gather money for everyone around here isn't it, the  lesser and lesser will join bounty campaign  to avoid them and they will just wait for this token to be on exchange before investing, in this way ICO project wilm die here and spam posting will be reduce ever!!!!
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:31:59 PM

Most people here are not here because of signature campaign. Most people are here just to learn how crytpocurrency works and it's application to real life use. Everyone can't be doing signature campaign.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:54:49 PM

I think signature campaigns are also a method to spread Bitcoin's adoption.
On a lighter note this is true but then there are many people here who came here just to make money from shitposting. Generally if you are posting quality posts and keeping up the with the discussions then its generally not an issue.

Many people who never owned a bitcoin or any other crypto come here and become spammers/shitposters,
Literally correct. But then this forum is not your source of earning. Campaings are a side earning that people get while posting some worthy content here.

or maybe even a good forum member, and receive his first cryptos by doing sig/bounties.
One should not look into signature or bounty earnings from that perspective. That is the "Who does not like free money" perspective - root cause of spam and other things.

If all projects are not even scanned or let say approved by the staff here before creating their announcement and making their official bounty threads is like also welcoming all scam project to gather money for everyone around here isn't it, the  lesser and lesser will join bounty campaign  to avoid them and they will just wait for this token to be on exchange before investing, in this way ICO project wilm die here and spam posting will be reduce ever!!!!

In my opinion so-called "bounty hunters" are the biggest bunch of scumbags running after shittokens and turning this forum into a shithole. If you want to invest in some ICO then you should gather up some money to buy the coins. That is the best method to support them and show your interest in them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ThirdPrize2

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:19:25 PM

Personally, I would like to see the end of signature campaigns.  Too many threads are just people spamming with a "oh yes, i agree/disagree" response, just to get their sig count up.  Get rid of signature campaigns and postings would drop by 3/4 but be a darn sight more useful. 
hygroscopicgymnasium3

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:10:36 AM

You dont need to worry, everything shall be taken care of btcs only. They are built as such
appleslymphoma

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:11:52 AM

Untill there is a cricise of enough wealth to get evenly ditsributed, until there is no demand, btcs will exist still.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: