Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's what the Naysayers don't get ....  (Read 2599 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:55:07 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 02:09:28 PM by BittBurger

Now that the price has exceeded $305, the naysayers are coming out of the woodwork in droves.

But here's what absolutely none of them seem to grasp:

Bitcoin has an infrastructure that is being built literally around the globe right now.  The over 10,000 online merchants accepting BTC through BitPay is big.  PayPal considering its inclusion is big.  China's "Google" announcing its acceptance of BTC is big.  But this isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Literally all over the world, for the last 12 months, infrastructure has begun to support Bitcoin.  Not as a "buy/sell" pretend stock market.  That isn't why it was created.  It very well could provide a bank account to over 6 billion people who don't have bank accounts.  For the first time in history, anyone with a mediocre cell phone will be able to hold and transact money, free of charge.  It will save companies like Amazon.com literally millions of dollars in Merchant Fees every month. 

Yet when i read these articles, and the ignoramus comments beneath them, I have yet to see a single naysayer address any of this.  

They don't even mention it.  They don't "rebut" it.  Their arguments against bitcoin are juvenile and shallow.  Do they even know its happening?  International conferences have already begun surrounding this technology, in multiple countries.  Are they even aware of the Bitcoin Foundation?  Or any of the well-structured organizations being spawned to support and direct it?  They know nothing, and comment nothing regarding any of this.  All they can muster out of their brilliant minds is "Beanie Baby Bubble", Ponzi Scheme, or mention of Tulips.  

Bitcoin isn't about a booming "pretend" stock exchange for idiots.  Bitcoin's buy and sell aspect is not what will provide its longevity.  It's the backbone being created by literally thousands of legit companies across the world right now, which will make Bitcoin into what it was created for.  Those of us getting rich in the meantime?  Maybe a reward from Satoshi for early adopters who believe in something honest and pure for the future of this greedy corrupt world.

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
philip2000uk

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 02:14:15 PM

Bitcoin for my website would be better than paypal because in 5 years i've had very recently 3 credit card charge backs happen.  It's not paypal's fault but then i get charged an extra $20 for paypal defending my case.  But it's always thrown out even with proof of their IP address accessing my website.  But It was a new york addy with a russian ip or a china ip.  So probably stolen card.

Leather girls identity film2 on youtube and website link i accept bitcoin Smiley
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:30:41 PM

So probably stolen card.

Oh, yeah, Bitcoin takes care of that, too. No longer need to ender credit card details and other personal information where they are not necessary.

As to the original question. My guess is that you only see those types of comments, because that is the only level you can quickly argue against Bitcoin. It also only takes a handful of those type comments for other more serious posters to move on in disgust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: