Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Predicting The True Value Of Bitcoin With Metcalfe’s Law  (Read 124 times)
d-unknown (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:31:22 PM

By using the Metcalfe’s Law, the MIT has analysed that the value of bitcoin is significantly overvalued right now and it market reflects that of 2014. Following the law, the predictability of an imminent crash was possible and can be spotted.

Finding the value of Bitcoin, how much is it worth?

Read more here: https://coingape.com/predicting-value-of-bitcoin-metcalfes-law/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:20:23 PM

In terms of metcalfe's law,  it states the connection of telecommunications in our industry.
Through effective telecommunications it can easily transports the data,  the effective and efficient of this gives a high reasonable assurance that all information are true and according to what is right.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

Well I totally disagree with Metcalfe's Law. There are no ultimate law that has no flaw and even his principles and ideas were not an exemption. But let us give that law a benefit of the doubt. If bitcoin will crash again then his law is correct and I will admit my loss but if in case bitcoin will go back again to 20k$ this year then I will totally disagree with his theory and is not applicable to btc.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:15:53 PM

This...doesn't make any sense. Bitcoin isn't in telecommunications. I don't even think even at least a bit comparable with telecommunication technology, except in network topology, I guess? Still, I feel like it's absurd to apply such a rule to Bitcoin, considering it's not limited to peer-to-peer usage like telephones are.

I get how people want to know exactly what Bitcoin's true value is though. If they can use such models, then does this mean there's already a somewhat accurate measure of how many people are actually using Bitcoin? That's a pretty good starting point.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: