Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:40:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin pricing  (Read 3674 times)
jh1523

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:51:09 PM

Guys, we don't need to convince ourselves that bitcoins are worth $1mil each - we already know that. Smiley
It's everyone else who needs convincing.  Tongue
SteveFL

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:42:19 AM

31.9 was the all time high. Almost every article/ newspiece related to bitcoin mentions it.

Actually:

Code:
June 10, 2011, 12:19 p.m.	Obtain: 32.99 USD Gave: 1.00 BTC	32.99 USD	0.19794 USD Commission

Granted I can't prove it more than that or a SS from my TH account that someone will claim I photoshopped, but I did sell for $32.99.
abcduploader (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:19:57 AM

So, my theory is that cant there be any bidding system put into the marketing sites like bitmarket.eu , tradehill etc .
I mean if some one bids 13.95$ then the next bidder has to be atleast .05 - .1 more than the last one . ie the next bidder has to bid more than 14$ .

In this way the cost of a bitcoin will dramatically increase and the buyers will also dont have to fear about the drops in bitcoin prices .
Say you set up such a system, and the price on that system goes to $18. As soon as there's nobody left whose willing to pay $18 for a bitcoin, and some guy on some other system starts offering them for $17, nobody would trade on that system.

You can't sell something for more than it's worth unless you can keep a ready supply of suckers.

If someone can setup that system...One buyer will know that if he buys a bitcoin now he will surely sell it off at a higher price  since the next person must bid .1$ more .
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:25:06 AM

So, my theory is that cant there be any bidding system put into the marketing sites like bitmarket.eu , tradehill etc .
I mean if some one bids 13.95$ then the next bidder has to be atleast .05 - .1 more than the last one . ie the next bidder has to bid more than 14$ .

In this way the cost of a bitcoin will dramatically increase and the buyers will also dont have to fear about the drops in bitcoin prices .
Say you set up such a system, and the price on that system goes to $18. As soon as there's nobody left whose willing to pay $18 for a bitcoin, and some guy on some other system starts offering them for $17, nobody would trade on that system.

You can't sell something for more than it's worth unless you can keep a ready supply of suckers.

If someone can setup that system...One buyer will know that if he buys a bitcoin now he will surely sell it off at a higher price  since the next person must bid .1$ more .

Mmmmmm super-deflation.  With my 1 BTC, someday I can buy...THE WORLD!!!   Mm...mua...mua ha ha...MUA HA HA HA HA
Pumpkinman

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:26:36 AM

i was late to the party for coins been at it only a grand total of 3 months (know about them for about 5, just didnt jump the shark.) so my highest sale was a small $15

i'm hoping prices will return there soon. would be nice.
abcduploader (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:51:29 AM

Anyone still wanna talk about pricing since now it has dropped to 10$ and I see no way its getting up....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: