Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ending data exploitation  (Read 114 times)
Btc4Proxies (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

Saw this good read on NewsBTC about data exploitation and how this company is solving that issue with permission-based advertising where you get paid to watch ads. With recent events like Cambridge Analytica, there's now a huge need for blockchain for data sovereignty.

Article: https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/04/05/algebraix-explains-alx-gives-control-data-changing-advertising/

What do you guys think? Did you already delete your facebook?
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:49:53 PM

I already limit my time on facebook due to the recent scandals lol. I think this project offers a very valuable position int he world of advertising. Our ad industry is so intrusive nowadays. making it consensual is pretty genius IMO. It's a win-win for advertisers and consumers
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:01:43 PM

It is not only about facebook. Recently I saw at the news on TV that Youtube also collects informations from children's that are using their platform wich is an illegal thing to do because they have to ask for permission from parents of thosethe children's. I personally dont use facebook anymore,only for messages but for nothing else.

I think it is almost impossible to shut down all this companies since they are used daily by millions of users and they worth billions of dollars. But I like the idea that someone decided to start working against them because that is the only way we can stop this.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

Saw this good read on NewsBTC about data exploitation and how this company is solving that issue with permission-based advertising where you get paid to watch ads. With recent events like Cambridge Analytica, there's now a huge need for blockchain for data sovereignty.

Article: https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/04/05/algebraix-explains-alx-gives-control-data-changing-advertising/

Its cool to see solutions being proposed but I still think, as I have said previous when it comes to these things, that the general public or consumers don't care about it. They just don't care. And thus setting up some social network or other solutions around data privacy simply don't get ground, its not someone's motive to join a social media group for their privacy. Most people that are concerned with their privacy just don't bother with these platforms (myself included).

keung0109

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:00:45 AM

Its cool to see solutions being proposed but I still think, as I have said previous when it comes to these things, that the general public or consumers don't care about it. They just don't care. And thus setting up some social network or other solutions around data privacy simply don't get ground, its not someone's motive to join a social media group for their privacy. Most people that are concerned with their privacy just don't bother with these platforms (myself included).

I had the chance to look into algebraix and i think there's defintiely more to it. I really do care about my data privacy, but i liek that with their platform you get rewarded to watch ads. we all watch ads every single day and most of the time they're pretty creepy/intrusive. I like that I can choose to provide info such as my interests and get targeted for ads that I actually want to see.

I think that idea in itself is huge as we are shifting towards a permission-based society where the relationship between and adviser is consensual.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:05:24 AM

permission based advertising is one thing but data will always be collected as it is valuable.

Go Green!
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:19:43 PM

permission based advertising is one thing but data will always be collected as it is valuable.

Go Green!

exactly. what I think is interesting is that as consumers on algebraix's platform we can control our data and who we give it to. Great project IMO
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:21:36 AM

I had the chance to look into algebraix and i think there's defintiely more to it. I really do care about my data privacy, but i liek that with their platform you get rewarded to watch ads. we all watch ads every single day and most of the time they're pretty creepy/intrusive. I like that I can choose to provide info such as my interests and get targeted for ads that I actually want to see.

I think that idea in itself is huge as we are shifting towards a permission-based society where the relationship between and adviser is consensual.

Caring about privacy and giving away information for targeted ads, I don't really see that fit. I think its reasonable to pay people for watching ads however, seems logical.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:36:08 AM

Personally, I don't really get permission based advertising as it defuses the purpose of advertising and you will end up with clever people who just watch ads to get paid. It's better than getting bombarded with advertisement that you didn't even sign up for but isn't that the whole purpose of advertising in the first place?

If I'm getting paid to watch McDonald billboard, what are my chances of going in McDonald to buy a cheeseburger?  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

Personally, I don't really get permission based advertising as it defuses the purpose of advertising and you will end up with clever people who just watch ads to get paid. It's better than getting bombarded with advertisement that you didn't even sign up for but isn't that the whole purpose of advertising in the first place?

If I'm getting paid to watch McDonald billboard, what are my chances of going in McDonald to buy a cheeseburger?  Grin

One thing is advertising on television, where people end up seeing the ads because they are too lazy to change the channel, and another thing is internet advertising, where anyone can install an ad blocker and not see any advertisement. Permission based advertising is the way to get Internet users to continue to see ads and even if they only see them in exchange for tokens, there is a greater chance that they will consume a product after having seen an advertisement, even if it's just for the tokens, that if they don't see any ad.
yazher

Activity: 2240
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

If this thing will be implemented then we are one step ahead to end the data exploitation like in Facebook recently, So many people are affected by it and some are still having trauma using social medias. imagine they can stole your personal data without knowing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: