Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: wtf is up with coinbase  (Read 2309 times)
ekiro (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:51:33 PM

cant login.

wont send me a sms code.

calls me and answers me 'im sorry, an application error occurred. good bye'

how ridiculous is this. those morons have $6m in funding and cant get their act together
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:30:30 AM

The same thing is happening to me.  It fails from both my phone (coinbase app) and from a PC.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:55:42 PM

Try again in a few hours, if theres still a problem just contact their support team. Dont stress too much.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:56:22 PM

What is going on with Bitcoin related sites recently?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
RoadToHell

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:37:24 AM

The SMS verification is still not working for me.  I also tried the option to have them call with the verification code.  I get a call that says "We are sorry.  An application error has occurred.  Good bye."  Anyone else?

Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:39:25 AM

Just tried logging in; seems to be working for me.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:43:32 AM

Works fine for me, not sure.
RoadToHell

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:46:16 AM

Just tried logging in; seems to be working for me.

Works fine for me, not sure.

Just doing some troubleshooting here: On one PC that I use I had checked the option to only send the SMS verification every 30 days.  I did not check this on another PC or from my phone.  For those of you that are not having the SMS issue, do you have a similar circumstance of a mix between requiring SMS each time on some devices but not on others?

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:49:56 AM

If the problem persists, take a screenshot and contact support.
RoadToHell

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

If the problem persists, take a screenshot and contact support.
I did send them an email shortly before posting here.  There isn't really anything to do a screen shot of right now.  No error displays at this point, it just doesn't send the code.  The only error message I get now occurs when I use the option to call me with the code, and the error message is the phone call.

I will update here if I hear anything back from them.

RoadToHell

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:04:16 AM

Update

Here is the original problem description I submitted via their website:
SMS verification code is not being sent to my phone. This started happening on Friday. Sometimes the browser says an error occurred with the SMS message, other times it gives no such message but just fails to send the text. When I try using the option to call my phone I receive a call with the message "We are sorry. An application error has occurred. Good bye."

Here is the response I received:
Be sure that there is not a typo in your phone number. Authy handles our two-factor authentication. You should contact them if you are not receiving the text message verification:

https://www.authy.com and support@authy.com

If they can't help you, don't hesitate to shoot me another email!

And here is the reply I just sent to them:
I am certain it is not an issue with the phone number.  As I indicated in my original support request, when I use the option to have your system CALL me, it does actually call my cell phone, so I know it has the right number.  However when it calls me it says that an application error occurred.  (see quote of entire message in original email)

I do not intend to contact authy.com support.  I have sent several thousand dollars to your company and I am now unable to login to my account to check on statuses or make further purchases.  I expect it is within your area of responsibility to follow through with any of your 3rd party providers on my behalf.

I suspect that there may be an issue with the fact that I access the account from multiple devices.  On one of those devices I enabled the option to only send a verification code every 30 days.  I do not have access to that device right now.  The other two devices I use I did not enable that option.

Please look into this further.

Thank You,
<name removed>

First, I was pleasantly surprised that they replied to me in about 30 minutes.  I was expecting one or two days, so that was great.

Second, and however, I was very disappointed that the person did not really think about the problem I submitted.  It didn't require a lot of thinking to know that there couldn't be an error in the phone number since their system was able to call the number.  It was made worse by the attempt to deflect me to another company.  I don't really give a shit how they achieve their backend tasks.  If a 3rd party provider is part of their verification system, great.  When it's not working, then Coinbase needs to talk with their vendor to get it right.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:56:04 AM

Even if they had a much larger amount in funding, it could still happen. Give it time, it should be resolved soon.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
izzotheschizo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Mentally ill computer nerd trying to come up.

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:25:40 PM

Somebody please help me, this is happening to me as well.  I just bought $500 worth a week ago and now I cant access them.  The application error has been occurring for two days in a row now.

Bitcoin is the opportunity of a lifetime. http://youtu.be/n7m4JSDkIp4
izzotheschizo

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:28:27 PM

"Phone call/SMS not working
Last Updated: Nov 18, 2013 08:56PM PST   
We've heard from some users that they have been unable to log in due the two-factor SMS text message not being sent, and the phone call verification has only worked intermittently. We're looking into this problem now and will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience while we work on this!"

well at least they acknowledged there is a problem.

Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

This has now been fixed! Our SMS provider Authy was being marked as spam by Verizon. Thanks for your patience while we worked this out!
izzotheschizo

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

No worries.  Thanks for keeping us up to date.  Will keep using coinbase, and keep telling my friends to use it as well.

ceciliasp

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:43:24 PM

This has now been fixed! Our SMS provider Authy was being marked as spam by Verizon. Thanks for your patience while we worked this out!

Hi, I'm having trouble accessing my Coinbase account. Nothing is happening, No error msg or anything, it just keeps going back to the Login page.
I tried resetting my password but that didn't work either.
I do remember setting my account to not receive sms authentication codes for 30 days the last time I accesed my account.

Any idea of what can be going on?
Claire123

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

Delete your cookies and refresh the coinbase page and try again.  That worked for me.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:15:47 PM

you can also just use a different browser than your main one. I went from fire fox to chrome or IE and both worked fine.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:28:32 AM

Update

Here is the original problem description I submitted via their website:
SMS verification code is not being sent to my phone. This started happening on Friday. Sometimes the browser says an error occurred with the SMS message, other times it gives no such message but just fails to send the text. When I try using the option to call my phone I receive a call with the message "We are sorry. An application error has occurred. Good bye."

Here is the response I received:
Be sure that there is not a typo in your phone number. Authy handles our two-factor authentication. You should contact them if you are not receiving the text message verification:

https://www.authy.com and support@authy.com

If they can't help you, don't hesitate to shoot me another email!

And here is the reply I just sent to them:
I am certain it is not an issue with the phone number.  As I indicated in my original support request, when I use the option to have your system CALL me, it does actually call my cell phone, so I know it has the right number.  However when it calls me it says that an application error occurred.  (see quote of entire message in original email)

I do not intend to contact authy.com support.  I have sent several thousand dollars to your company and I am now unable to login to my account to check on statuses or make further purchases.  I expect it is within your area of responsibility to follow through with any of your 3rd party providers on my behalf.

I suspect that there may be an issue with the fact that I access the account from multiple devices.  On one of those devices I enabled the option to only send a verification code every 30 days.  I do not have access to that device right now.  The other two devices I use I did not enable that option.

Please look into this further.

Thank You,
<name removed>

First, I was pleasantly surprised that they replied to me in about 30 minutes.  I was expecting one or two days, so that was great.

Second, and however, I was very disappointed that the person did not really think about the problem I submitted.  It didn't require a lot of thinking to know that there couldn't be an error in the phone number since their system was able to call the number.  It was made worse by the attempt to deflect me to another company.  I don't really give a shit how they achieve their backend tasks.  If a 3rd party provider is part of their verification system, great.  When it's not working, then Coinbase needs to talk with their vendor to get it right.

They are a bunch of THIEVES. they can reply within 30 minutes to some bullshit like this. but if they steal your money, they don't reply at all. FUCK them!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: