Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed: Win 10 unable to exe ANY miner shell i.e. ccminer etc...  (Read 72 times)
JBminer (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:48:40 PM

Normally I use Linux distros, but for the life of me I've tried everything!
 YES, for months I've searched in here unsuccessfully, different coins/ and tried ALL of youtube's methods configuring even a fresh install (UN-updated) only downloading VB after first trying in install latest attempt ccminer2.2.5 for pirl.

What happens:
- my command prompt will pop up for a split second only, acting like somethings still mis-configured (my guess) or defender kills it (tried adding folders/files/.exe's as exclusions too).

What I've tried:
- run as admin; disable firewall & defender; re-formatting & installing fresh licensed copy no updates - after updates; different GPU's with device drivers installed of course only to watch wonderful windows' new policy circumvent ALL win 10 PRO services I'd disabled be re-enabled and gtx installed drivers auto-replaced with microsofts proprietary vers. ... ...

Mobo= z270
ram=4g
GPU= 1060 6g zotac, or MSI, or whatever's laying around doesn't matter.

Plz help, I'd like to test-drive on my desktop b4 switching the rigs to un-tested stuff - Thnks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:06:35 PM

- my command prompt will pop up for a split second only

Sounds like you need to run your batch files from the command line so the window doesnt close when it fails and you can see whats actually happening.

You say you normally use linux distros. Linux is VASTLY superior to windows when it comes to mining. Why are you trying to run Windows?

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:13:27 PM

And why do you try to debug it running batch files only instead of running it via command promt? If you lazy to cd into miner directory, you can use shift + right mouse button > open command promt here. Or if you even lazier than that just add pause at the end of batch file, e.g.:
Code:
EthDcrMiner64 --many-options-here
pause
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:16:08 PM

Normally I use Linux distros, but for the life of me I've tried everything!
 YES, for months I've searched in here unsuccessfully, different coins/ and tried ALL of youtube's methods configuring even a fresh install (UN-updated) only downloading VB after first trying in install latest attempt ccminer2.2.5 for pirl.

What happens:
- my command prompt will pop up for a split second only, acting like somethings still mis-configured (my guess) or defender kills it (tried adding folders/files/.exe's as exclusions too).

What I've tried:
- run as admin; disable firewall & defender; re-formatting & installing fresh licensed copy no updates - after updates; different GPU's with device drivers installed of course only to watch wonderful windows' new policy circumvent ALL win 10 PRO services I'd disabled be re-enabled and gtx installed drivers auto-replaced with microsofts proprietary vers. ... ...

Mobo= z270
ram=4g
GPU= 1060 6g zotac, or MSI, or whatever's laying around doesn't matter.

Plz help, I'd like to test-drive on my desktop b4 switching the rigs to un-tested stuff - Thnks in advance!

didable smartscreen and windows defender
JBminer (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:50:06 PM

- my command prompt will pop up for a split second only

Sounds like you need to run your batch files from the command line so the window doesnt close when it fails and you can see whats actually happening.

You say you normally use linux distros. Linux is VASTLY superior to windows when it comes to mining. Why are you trying to run Windows?
I've ran batch directly in command prompt and it start's like it should........2 seconds later poof, gone.

A) OF course linux is VASTLY superior no argument here, reboots back/forth are a hasle so background mining/testing while in windows less confusing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: