Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Account 70 games worth $1455.31 USD for sale (NOW ON BIDDINGPOND)  (Read 4276 times)
dingus (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 03:09:09 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2011, 05:15:13 PM by dingus

Look here for the games listed: http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/shiggityshwah  

Bitcoins accepted Smiley  

edit: I have put up my account for auction on biddingpond.com --> http://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=295 <--

Initial bid is 500 BTC, buyout 1300 BTC. Auction ends March 12, 2011 Happy bidding!

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 11:15:11 AM

20 btc
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 03:43:57 PM

20 btc
I think you mistyped 2000 bitcoins  Cool

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 03:54:58 PM

I think you mistyped 2000 bitcoins  Cool

Is that a bid? else: 20.01

Anonymous

February 09, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

I would have to waste half-a-lifetime playing all those titles.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 04:10:54 PM

I think you mistyped 2000 bitcoins  Cool

Is that a bid? else: 20.01
We've got a comedian on our hands, ladies and gentlemen. But, seriously, if you don't want it don't bid a ridiculous amount, please. Unless it is a ridiculously high amount. Cheesy

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 04:18:53 PM

I would have to waste half-a-lifetime playing all those titles.

Yes, 70 games is quite a large collection. Most of those games are really good titles though. I wish I could find out how many hours were spent playing all those games. Probably 3-400 hours. Other, more important things have come up though so I must part with my means of achieving escapism.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 05:07:30 PM

Just FYI, don't expect to get anywhere near the face value of those games, for a few reasons.

1) I assume many of them were purchased on sale, and even if not, they often can be.
2) There is the risk that it's not your account, or you later decide that you want it back and take action to do so.
3) It's not very likely that someone is interested in all of those games, yet they can only buy them as a package.

If I were seriously interested, I'd probably offer you a few hundred dollars in Bitcoin for the collection. Alas, I am not, and mine is bigger (though not as valuable) Wink
lumos

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 05:25:56 PM

i put my younger sisters steam account on that website and it came to $600, she has spent about $200 at most i would think, alot of her games aren't even linked to that so its probably worth less. she says alot of the games on your steam account were at some point released free or on sale for like $5, plus i don't like half of them, so 20.2 btc is my bid.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 05:39:26 PM

Just FYI, don't expect to get anywhere near the face value of those games, for a few reasons.

1) I assume many of them were purchased on sale, and even if not, they often can be.
2) There is the risk that it's not your account, or you later decide that you want it back and take action to do so.
3) It's not very likely that someone is interested in all of those games, yet they can only buy them as a package.

If I were seriously interested, I'd probably offer you a few hundred dollars in Bitcoin for the collection. Alas, I am not, and mine is bigger (though not as valuable) Wink

1. Good point, didn't realize some of the ones on there were bought on sale. I believe the correct amount would be ~$1000.

2. I don't believe there's any way to easily get back an account if someone has changed the password, I have not researched that to be honest. I can only refer to this page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

3. Definitely understand this point.

lumos: if you are seriously trying to bid less than $20 for at least hundreds of dollars worth of games, you should take a bit of time and learn the art of negotiation. otherwise, don't waste your time. Roll Eyes

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 05:58:19 PM

You can recover your account with the email you verified your account with. That is why in SKiddie forums people say: "UNVERIFIED! BUY NOW! MANY GAMES!" xD

On a side note I just bought the humble bundle for $0.01 USD and I got a face value of $40.00 USD(4000x more than what I paid for - yes I am poor and I prefered to pay the developers a cent rather than crack it or get a crack)

lumos

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 08:04:01 PM

You can recover your account with the email you verified your account with. That is why in SKiddie forums people say: "UNVERIFIED! BUY NOW! MANY GAMES!" xD

On a side note I just bought the humble bundle for $0.01 USD and I got a face value of $40.00 USD(4000x more than what I paid for - yes I am poor and I prefered to pay the developers a cent rather than crack it or get a crack)

you should feel bad! I BET YOU USE WINDOWS, their average donation is like $7. but yeh, my sister gifted my whole family the humble bundle, i am sure she paid $0.01, she also said that some of the games at times on your list had been released for free or were on sale for like $5.
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 08:35:32 PM

I do feel bad. It is in my list of "appropriatly compensate for when I start working" which as you might guess is a bit long. I get just like 5 bucks each two weeks from my parents which generally goes to a cinema every month or some asian food I love. >_<

Now that I started earning Bitcoins for my hard work promoting and improving them I had been taking many items off this list which I will not mention. As for the OS, I use Windows for gaming and Arch/Ubuntu. Ubuntu for public use(So I can easily explain and give copies of) and Arch for when I am at home. Smiley

lumos

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 09:48:30 PM

I do feel bad. It is in my list of "appropriatly compensate for when I start working" which as you might guess is a bit long. I get just like 5 bucks each two weeks from my parents which generally goes to a cinema every month or some asian food I love. >_<

Now that I started earning Bitcoins for my hard work promoting and improving them I had been taking many items off this list which I will not mention. As for the OS, I use Windows for gaming and Arch/Ubuntu. Ubuntu for public use(So I can easily explain and give copies of) and Arch for when I am at home. Smiley

thats nice to hear Smiley use linux for gaming though Smiley
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 10:04:45 PM

thats nice to hear Smiley use linux for gaming though Smiley
Currently, that is impossible for most games as they use DirectX. Most iD games have linux ports though, so atleast you have some good games already on linux.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 11:21:51 PM

dingus has reason, I play Battlefield and ME mainly so that is why I can't take the full jump right now. Tongue

lumos

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 11:59:25 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Battlefield-2142-Working-on-Linux
fyi, i play all my games on linux.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:37:15 AM

If I could use Steam and Netflix instant watching, I would switch back to Linux in a heartbeat.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:38:21 AM

If I could use Steam and Netflix instant watching, I would switch back to Linux in a heartbeat.
Me too. Stupid DRM  Angry

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
ender_x

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:43:21 AM

Post it on biddingpond.com and I'll bid on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: