Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Account 70 games worth $1455.31 USD for sale (NOW ON BIDDINGPOND)  (Read 4274 times)
dingus (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:54:49 AM

Post it on biddingpond.com and I'll bid on it.

Will do. Serious bids only though. No 20.01 b.s.  Grin

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veltas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:08:42 AM

Does it use Direct3D or OpenGL when running on the emulation you use in Linux?  Because my Graphics Chip is gawdoful with OpenGL but if it's simulating Direct3D...
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:12:30 AM

Post it on biddingpond.com and I'll bid on it.

Done. http://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=295&mode=1

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:19:00 AM

Oh initial bid is 500; Meh ain't have that kind of money. xD

lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 10:06:58 AM

If I could use Steam and Netflix instant watching, I would switch back to Linux in a heartbeat.

you can? just use wine Smiley
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 10:55:16 AM

I'd use Linux if I could, but my games are unreliable enough already and WINE has problems of its own.  So right now I've only got it on dual-boot.

Linux is (in my opinion) practical for absolutely everything other than games.  You can play games on it, but I can't.
carp

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:52:39 PM

I'd use Linux if I could, but my games are unreliable enough already and WINE has problems of its own.  So right now I've only got it on dual-boot.

Linux is (in my opinion) practical for absolutely everything other than games.  You can play games on it, but I can't.

That is actually why I have a windows machine now for the first time in like 5 years. I run linux on my laptop, but when I upgraded the household server, and turned the old one into a desktop, I went out and got a copy of windows for it, because I knew I was gonna want to load up my old steam account and play some games.

For the past several years I have just been playing console games, but, after playing some FPS games with those xbox controllers, I was jonesing for my old keyboard and mouse.

My attitude is the same tho, its not that I wouldn't rather my Ubuntu gnome desktop using WINE, but, when I want to play a game, I want to play a game, not play with a game trying to get it to work. I will save the hours of work and feeling of accomplishment for either beating the game or working on a more worthwhile project.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:12:47 PM

That is actually why I have a windows machine now for the first time in like 5 years. I run linux on my laptop, but when I upgraded the household server, and turned the old one into a desktop, I went out and got a copy of windows for it, because I knew I was gonna want to load up my old steam account and play some games.

For the past several years I have just been playing console games, but, after playing some FPS games with those xbox controllers, I was jonesing for my old keyboard and mouse.

My attitude is the same tho, its not that I wouldn't rather my Ubuntu gnome desktop using WINE, but, when I want to play a game, I want to play a game, not play with a game trying to get it to work. I will save the hours of work and feeling of accomplishment for either beating the game or working on a more worthwhile project.

My 70 package are mostly first person shooters, if you are interested.  Cheesy

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
lumos

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

YOU ARE ALL ACTING LIKE LINUX CAN'T RUN STEAM. IT CAN.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:31:32 PM

YOU ARE ALL ACTING LIKE LINUX CAN'T RUN STEAM. IT CAN.

Running Steam does not mean you can run the games on Steam. Compare the list of my games to this list of games that 1. run very well on linux (platinum), 2. run quite well (gold) 3. run somewhat ok on linux given you tweak the install some (silver).  See here: http://appdb.winehq.org/

Trust me, I have tried to get all of my games to work on linux. If anyone wants gaming on linux it is me.  Cheesy

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
lumos

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 04:52:07 PM

tell m,e what game you can't get working, all of my games on steam run perfectly well.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:00:58 PM

I don't know, man. I have 70 games I'm not going to take the time to config all of them in hopes of them working for one day, then have steam patch them the next day and break it.  Sad

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:08:00 PM

Bad Comapny 2 - All highest with WarTapes
Mass Effect 2 - All highest and a pending way to get high res cloth textures. xD
Age of Empires II
ArmA 2

More? As some mention it is mainly DRM issues. Smiley

dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:13:15 PM

Bad Comapny 2 - All highest with WarTapes
Mass Effect 2 - All highest and a pending way to get high res cloth textures. xD
Age of Empires II
ArmA 2

More? As some mention it is mainly DRM issues. Smiley
You have those working on linux? See the thing with linux is that everyone has different distros, different hardware, different versions of software. Its really hard to replicate something like getting these games to work. Especially with state of the art hardware like a radeon 5970. I just don't have the time to mess with it all. I settle for window's ease of use and their support for gaming. If only linux could be the same Cry.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Anonymous

February 10, 2011, 05:18:57 PM

Nobody is going to spend $500 at once on software.
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:28:56 PM

Why are you such a debby downer? How do you know what people want? The point is you don't. You can only speculate. This is not a speculative discussion.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:42:21 PM

Why are you such a debby downer? How do you know what people want? The point is you don't. You can only speculate. This is not a speculative discussion.

Alright, calm down!
dingus (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 06:00:33 PM

Alright, calm down!
I am going out of my way to sell my account for bitcoins for a couple reasons. One being: I want to build trust with those involved with bitcoins and those offering services and goods (like biddingpond). Two being: I am trying to help add goods to the bitcoin market. A post like that adds nothing to this thread, it detracts from the fact that I am trying to help. Would I go into his thread about selling mining rigs and post "no one will buy these" ? No, that is disrespectful and I don't want to make it seem like I am trying to undermine his business as trust and respect is very valuable right now in the bitcoin community. And I am calm.  Angry.... Cheesy

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 06:10:49 PM

Alright, calm down!
I am going out of my way to sell my account for bitcoins for a couple reasons. One being: I want to build trust with those involved with bitcoins and those offering services and goods (like biddingpond). Two being: I am trying to help add goods to the bitcoin market. A post like that adds nothing to this thread, it detracts from the fact that I am trying to help. Would I go into his thread about selling mining rigs and post "no one will buy these" ? No, that is disrespectful and I don't want to make it seem like I am trying to undermine his business as trust and respect is very valuable right now in the bitcoin community. And I am calm.  Angry.... Cheesy

I perfectly understand where you're coming from, but that last line answers the question of my reaction.
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 12:06:23 AM

You have those working on linux? See the thing with linux is that everyone has different distros, different hardware, different versions of software. Its really hard to replicate something like getting these games to work. Especially with state of the art hardware like a radeon 5970. I just don't have the time to mess with it all. I settle for window's ease of use and their support for gaming. If only linux could be the same Cry.

No, those are the ones that don't really worked for me and that are holding me back. xD

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: