Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: dual security system on MEW  (Read 171 times)
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:15:08 AM

is there any way to safeguard system on MEW besides Private Key? I am afraid of phishing on MEW
MGmahesh

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:24:35 AM

while I also have not found a solution to double lock on MEW, but at least you can do early prevention of phishing action in the following ways:

1. Use Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites.
2. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure the bar is green and it says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US], this paper does not appear and is just green like this picture
3. Do not easily believe in messages sent via email, reddit, twitter, slack and other media.
4. Always highlight on the link and do not click on it, when we highlight the link will appear the address at the bottom left corner of the browser, we make sure whether the address is trusted or not.
5. Never once provide confidential information on websites that you have accidentally clicked it.
6. Do not click any ads on the website, and if necessary install adblocker to avoid other things.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:28:51 AM

is there any way to safeguard system on MEW besides Private Key? I am afraid of phishing on MEW
use MetaMask
You can download it using Google Chrome
MetaMask is a trusted extension and is highly recommended by some great people
with MetaMask, you no longer need to copy and paste private key
any phishing website will never be linked to MetaMask
when there is a phishing or malicious website, Metamask will give notice
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:30:03 AM

while I also have not found a solution to double lock on MEW, but at least you can do early prevention of phishing action in the following ways:

2. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure the bar is green and it says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US], this paper does not appear and is just green like this picture
3. Do not easily believe in messages sent via email, reddit, twitter, slack and other media.
4. Always highlight on the link and do not click on it, when we highlight the link will appear the address at the bottom left corner of the browser, we make sure whether the address is trusted or not.
5. Never once provide confidential information on websites that you have accidentally clicked it.
6. Do not click any ads on the website, and if necessary install adblocker to avoid other things.
I have experienced phishing, is it because my Personal Key is leaking? or deliberately hacked others?
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:37:46 AM

use MetaMask
I've never downloaded Metamask but I do not know how to use it if it's just installed or should there be a configuration that I need to do?
MGmahesh

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:43:51 AM

I have experienced phishing, is it because my Personal Key is leaking? or deliberately hacked others?
I certainly do not know the chronology you are experiencing, sometimes in using a computer device there is something unintentional without knowing we are doing the wrong thing that allows an opportunity for the hackers in various ways they serve content as a tool of phishing practice, in this case should always be careful and alert.
the matter of leaking the private key or not it may happen, because it is impossible others can take your rights in the MEW is without a key.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:47:39 AM

use MetaMask
I also prefer MetaMask!
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:51:40 AM

The safest ways according my experience are using Metamask. Because with thats extensions you can avoid your self from trap with the phising link. Just keep your private keys safe as you can dude.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:52:48 AM

maybe metamask could be your choice, because with metamask every transaction we have to confirm first and it will be notification to us when there is unknown transaction.

babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:29:13 AM

maybe metamask could be your choice, because with metamask every transaction we have to confirm first and it will be notification to us when there is unknown transaction.
I agree with your opinion, I think metamask is the safest I have used it and I think it's very safe protecting our wallet
Obeng minn

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:45:51 AM

I certainly do not know the chronology you are experiencing, sometimes in using a computer device there is something unintentional without knowing we are doing the wrong thing that allows an opportunity for the hackers in various ways they serve content as a tool of phishing practice, in this case should always be careful and alert.
the matter of leaking the private key or not it may happen, because it is impossible others can take your rights in the MEW is without a key.
is there any additional person to randomize Private Key wallet. the perfect struck on our wallet.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:51:53 AM

Safest would be getting a hardwallet and use your mew together with it,im sure you will be protected from all the types of attack and even if you lose your hardwallet you can still recover your coins using your recovery seed,even if your computer has been infected by the viruses and malwares theres no way these things can crack a hardwallet's security.

Captain_Planet

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:57:43 AM

I recommend you to buy Ledger Nano S and then use MEW through the hardware wallet. You will be entirely safe then.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:21:59 AM

You should bookmark the MEW address to avoid visiting the suspect site! Limit your wallet if you do not really need it, ensuring the least and most likely causes for losing your private key!
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:24:55 AM

as someone mentioned you should bookmark the website once you're on it to avoid phishing. Always type the address instead of googling mew.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sangkler11

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:36:45 AM

as far as I know Myetherwallet there is no security system other than private key.
if your private key is scattered, anyone can open your wallet.
don't login MEW using private key, use keystore file only.
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:47:57 AM

as far as I know Myetherwallet there is no security system other than private key.
if your private key is scattered, anyone can open your wallet.
don't login MEW using private key, use keystore file only.
so it's safer to use keystore file? I have never tried it. I save the file every time I make MEW but I do not really know its usefulness
Thank you for the advice
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:04:37 AM

Brings Ethereum to your browser, you can add the Metamask extension in your google crome or by downloading it on https://metamask.io/#how-it-works
PERtua

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:19:01 AM

I also be recommended METAMASK as well because metamask is the safest way to make transaction there would be a notification if there is some other that are not related to that specific event.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:24:39 AM

There is none, you just need to be careful while using MEW, if you check the spellings very well you can be phished. Anytime i am using MEW i usually double check it before i proceed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: