Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIminer + CGminer = help needed  (Read 1011 times)
Africa2003 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:31:46 PM

Hi guys

New to bitcoins, set up wallet, gui miner + cg miner on normal work PC (not using graphics card) - just for test.
Seems to be connected to the pool and changing statistics on my slash's page
Now it is: XXXX.worker1   XXXXX   0   12   190.1475   4 minutes   4.462

CGminer says: 2013-11-07 21:55:19: Listener for "Slush": (1s):8.127M (avg):7.738Mh/s | A:12  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.1/m

But GUIminer in the right corner does not show speed, it says "Connecting" all the time, however in the left side it updates info.

What would be the reason?
I used correct host address stratum.bitcoin.cz and port is 3333

Thanks!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lazyfrench

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:03:04 PM

Are you trying to operate cgminer and guiminer at the same time? Only one will work at a time.

For guiminer to work, make sure your username/password and host and port are set exactly as listed. If you miss a space or something it will not work. Also, try creating another worker.

I don't know what you are running for hardware, but I would go checkout a bitcoin calculator to see if it is even worth your time trying to mine.
eyespeakbraille

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:13:48 PM

Just try using CGminer by itself, you're probably better off, just read the readme file and there's a sample command line. Just replace it with your info.
MassDivide

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:22:25 PM

CGminer is the best by far. I had many problems with all the other miners out there, including bfgminer. I pefer it hands down. I just started as well, if you are on windows just

make a .bat with the following config:

cgminer -o pooldns:port -u username -p password

EXAMPLE:

cgminer -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u MassDivide_SuperComputer -p bitcointalk.org

name the bat startmining.bat and run it. Should work fine, unless you have asic erupters on. I can give you a config for that too.
Africa2003 (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:15:06 AM

Are you trying to operate cgminer and guiminer at the same time? Only one will work at a time.

For guiminer to work, make sure your username/password and host and port are set exactly as listed. If you miss a space or something it will not work. Also, try creating another worker.

I don't know what you are running for hardware, but I would go checkout a bitcoin calculator to see if it is even worth your time trying to mine.

Thanks for your answer. Hardware is crap, only for test. However I have free power Wink
I ordered some ASIC's but want to make sure I set up correctly before I'll run them
I have GUIminer like shell, running CGminer or other miner which I choose.

But I will try using only CGminer, thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: