Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: stop loss management  (Read 13793 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 02:53:22 PM

I always use Stop Loss function when I create an order. Once I lost a lot of money and time and I don't want to have such sad experience anymore. I started to use cryptocurrency trading platforms like Fumgo. I set the target there, turn Take Profit and Stop Loss functions on and the system makes everything itself. Recommend to try fumgo.com

I usually set it to just 5 to 8 percent. Don't want too big of a deficit. Though these are mostly for alts that i trade with in a more active basis like trx and xvg. I don't put stop loss anymore in long term coins like bitcoin and ethereum since i could live with their value dropping 😁
I don't like it that way, because market conditions are flexible and sometimes change, using stop lose can be your carelessness, when you sell automatically because of stop loss, then the price goes up. I won't do that when I still have a lot of time monitoring the market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:51:15 PM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?

i started trading back in 2016 and still i can say that i am not a pro
i insist of not selling my coins when it unfortunately go down below my buy price
2018 was a very hard year for every crypto person i know and it was a year of lesson learned.
now i know the importance of trade discipline and using SL is really a big part of this risk management.

ill share you this article to read

https://medium.com/@cryptocreddy/5-stop-loss-mistakes-to-avoid-bea274857371

kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 04:28:36 PM

I don't put stop loss for my trades in crypto. If you are confident that you are investing in promising projects, it will be back up if it goes down. There is always an up after a down trend. Unless, something really bad did not happen. Compared to other market cryptomarket is highly volatile so, chances are there for loss of our money.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:50:59 PM

I don't put stop loss for my trades in crypto. If you are confident that you are investing in promising projects, it will be back up if it goes down. There is always an up after a down trend. Unless, something really bad did not happen. Compared to other market cryptomarket is highly volatile so, chances are there for loss of our money.
For shitcoins then no recovery would be possible after a dump but for most altcoins then expect there would be price increase after all the dumps happened and come to think
off that not all days are on red there would be always a time when we do see a green candle.About stop loss management,i do make use on case to case basis depending on what kind of trading ive
been engaging but mostly these would suit out on short/day trades.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:57:52 PM

For shitcoins then no recovery would be possible after a dump but for most altcoins then expect there would be price increase after all the dumps happened and come to think
off that not all days are on red there would be always a time when we do see a green candle.About stop loss management,i do make use on case to case basis depending on what kind of trading ive
Chances is thin and every single mistake we've made will having a corresponding consequences, might we losing our funds. We cant be know how long we've been like this and when we be able to see bull run again.
We should be prepared all the times cause our market isn't in stable and prices keeps on moving which could sometime will lead to us for losing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:52:07 PM

Right.Using stop loss might give you confusion.If you think you know what you are doing and you have your full trust on your coins you want to trade,then trade them with confidence.Stop loss is only applicable if you are not so sure of the coins you are trading and even don't have more experiences in trading itself.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:19:35 AM

Chances is thin and every single mistake we've made will having a corresponding consequences, might we losing our funds. We cant be know how long we've been like this and when we be able to see bull run again.
We should be prepared all the times cause our market isn't in stable and prices keeps on moving which could sometime will lead to us for losing.

Don't be attached by the current situation, it will frustrate you and will lead you to gain loses. Consequently, the current market has struggling the high volatility and it is normally appears in crypto site. We have to be aware the consequences for every decision we made and in order to gain massive profits keep holding and be optimistic for the coming bull trend. But if you doubt about the coins you're holding, then stop while its too early for you.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:49:40 AM

Right.Using stop loss might give you confusion.If you think you know what you are doing and you have your full trust on your coins you want to trade,then trade them with confidence.Stop loss is only applicable if you are not so sure of the coins you are trading and even don't have more experiences in trading itself.
It is how often to loss in trading and we can't escaped it. We can only minimize this frustrating moment if we are investing potential coins, we need to be sure that we are in the right track and stay focus of our trades even during the bear trend. Nobody could save us but it is our self alone, and making it clearly that we are confident enough of what we doing.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 12:26:08 PM

You are not applying stop loss because you are probably not a trader, most traders cannot dare trade without applying stop loss tool, the reason why you find yourself not making use of this tool is because you are in for a long-term investment and you are right, whether the trade goes down, it will always climb back.

If you are then trading, stop loss will help your trade by cutting loss which if you don’t, you might lose money especially when you are on leverage trading. So for me, I don’t joke with these tools and that is why I strictly make use of exchanges that has these tools embedded in them.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:04:36 AM

I always use Stop Loss function when I create an order. Once I lost a lot of money and time and I don't want to have such sad experience anymore. I started to use cryptocurrency trading platforms like Fumgo. I set the target there, turn Take Profit and Stop Loss functions on and the system makes everything itself. Recommend to try fumgo.com

I usually set it to just 5 to 8 percent. Don't want too big of a deficit. Though these are mostly for alts that i trade with in a more active basis like trx and xvg. I don't put stop loss anymore in long term coins like bitcoin and ethereum since i could live with their value dropping 😁
I don't like it that way, because market conditions are flexible and sometimes change, using stop lose can be your carelessness, when you sell automatically because of stop loss, then the price goes up. I won't do that when I still have a lot of time monitoring the market

Selling now is surely worst decision when we know it well that price will rise and it has already started to rise then there is nothing bad in holding, we should hold our coin, stop loss means we are not sure about the performance of our crypto coin and we are afraid of lose, at the other hand we are well aware of it at market had volatile nature soon it will be high so have patience.
jimmyd178

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:15:21 PM

What's happening with MPCX's IEO? 3 different crowd sales concurrently? (OOOBTC, MPCX's site, ProBit)
ichai

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:24:57 PM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?
According to my trading experience, at the moment the volume is very high and the volatility will also increase. Therefore, the stoploss order should be placed at a price of about 2.5% from the buying price.
That will be the best stoploss and if you are more reckless, put it at 3.25% - 3.5%. After the price is adjusted slightly, it will definitely be pumped in 1 week later.
trust me

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:29:49 PM

Stoploss do have pro and cons. To avoid the situation mentioned by you, I normally place stop loss before I go to sleep so if the bitcoin dumps, my stoploss hits and i avoid the big loss. In day time i watch the market regularly and there is no point setting the stop loss when we are actively monitoring the market.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:36:06 PM

One way or another, the use of such functions depends on how and how often a trader controls his assets in orders.  If the trader practically lives behind the monitor, then he doesn’t need any stop-loss, because he can correct everything that happens online.  But if you minimize your risks, then about five percent deposits can be put up for trading using stop loss.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 09:16:26 PM

Stoploss do have pro and cons. To avoid the situation mentioned by you, I normally place stop loss before I go to sleep so if the bitcoin dumps, my stoploss hits and i avoid the big loss. In day time i watch the market regularly and there is no point setting the stop loss when we are actively monitoring the market.
This is correct which I do the same thing.Stop loss is just being set up when I do sleep or I'm away from my pc which I wont able to look up
with my current open orders and that's the time I do put up SL and with this very volatile market our stop losses can be easily hit up specially
when you set it on a small margin.Always put higher ones depending on your risk management.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:53:50 AM

One way or another, the use of such functions depends on how and how often a trader controls his assets in orders.  If the trader practically lives behind the monitor, then he doesn’t need any stop-loss, because he can correct everything that happens online.  But if you minimize your risks, then about five percent deposits can be put up for trading using stop loss.
This gonna a good practice when you are around this business, stop and loss and be  good tool if you don't have the time keep monitoring your assets, placing this in your system could save you a lots of time aside from that it can execute your trades without worrying that you will missed the exchange
movements, best practice to use small portions of your investment and little by little if you already have good knowledge then you can increase.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 08:26:33 AM

Sometimes, movement of these coins can be so fast that if we take our eyes off the trading platform within 1 minute, that one minute you see could mar our trade, and you can’t tell me that a trader will just focus on the PC without standing up at all, at some points, we will stand up to take a break, use the gent and may go take a sit of cold drink from the fridge, the time you decide to do that maybe when the market start falling drastically, and only stop loss could save you against terrible damage. I feel sometime that It is only people who have the intention of being greedy that usually avoid using stop loss/take profit. 
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 04:57:02 PM

Sometimes, movement of these coins can be so fast that if we take our eyes off the trading platform within 1 minute, that one minute you see could mar our trade, and you can’t tell me that a trader will just focus on the PC without standing up at all, at some points, we will stand up to take a break, use the gent and may go take a sit of cold drink from the fridge, the time you decide to do that maybe when the market start falling drastically, and only stop loss could save you against terrible damage. I feel sometime that It is only people who have the intention of being greedy that usually avoid using stop loss/take profit. 
This is especially true if you are a short term trader and you are trading low market cap coins, any moment in which you are not watching the markets and you are not using a stop loss could mean devastating losses, however if you are a long term trader having a stop loss that sells automatically if it reaches that price is not as critical since it only takes you a few minutes to see how your positions are doing, however I will only recommend this to experimented traders since it is easy to make mistakes and there are many things worse in this market than getting out of your position with some small losses.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:51:42 PM

I immediately put myself a buy order, because in the case of a very rapid fall of these stop losses may not work, so it is better to hope for their hands
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 07:28:53 PM

For the past five years, I have been doing cryptocurrency and forex trading. There are some rules in forex trading that follow how far the market is going and how far it will go. If you do not know the chart pattern, then you can not get the correct idea about stop loss. There is a website named Baby Pipes where you can get a very good idea about the chart pattern. You can visit the website and acquire the right knowledge about the chart pattern, then understand how to use a stop loss. There is no system called Stop Loss on the cryptocurrency market. Only stop loss on forex and binary trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: