Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:18:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible effect of potential billionaire investor?  (Read 645 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:56:19 PM

Most of you have probably heard about George Soros a billionaire who is reportedly taking an interest in cryptocurrency trading. Just before this event, he's been negative on bitcoin, calling it a bubble and etc, but with his sudden interest now in trading with his $26 billion assets, I guess we could probably say that he saw the potential of cryptocurrencies.

How do you think will this affect the market and all the user of cryptos? Can we expect a price spike in the market then after a while, a sudden downtrend movement again?
After two months of posting this,does the billionaire really invested that $26 billions?i think he doesnt because market will surely moves up if this is what he does

But since that two months of waiting it seems nothing happens.maybe the man change his name and cancelled hes plan of investing
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:13:44 PM

If you're trader from 2010 , bitcoin value may be affect because as we are know , bitcoin value depend on supply and demand so it's a little bit easy being manipulate for some group of whale trader !

It is amazing how one person single has such great amount of money.  I think with his potential he can just destroy all this market by once. Having this amount of money is highly dangerous.

Well the fact is he's just able manipulate less than 1% !

Smiley
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:45:16 AM

Most of you have probably heard about George Soros a billionaire who is reportedly taking an interest in cryptocurrency trading. Just before this event, he's been negative on bitcoin, calling it a bubble and etc, but with his sudden interest now in trading with his $26 billion assets, I guess we could probably say that he saw the potential of cryptocurrencies.

How do you think will this affect the market and all the user of cryptos? Can we expect a price spike in the market then after a while, a sudden downtrend movement again?

Cryptocurrency market attracting many big investor right now. Maybe they think cryptomarket still undervalue and they must be want big profits from this market. They trying to spread FUD and make peoples panic and selling our bitcoin with cheap price, we should keep hold our crypto
Hedda Gabler

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:50:06 AM

James Altchucher, a billionairre/millionaire person, told me I would get rich on Ethereum on March 1st 2018. Well I'm still waiting.
diedvw96

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:53:05 AM

Although Soros called the digital assets a ‘bubble’ in January, as far as I heard he is currently planning to start trading cryptocurrency. If a big whale like him will start trading crypto we can see more whales like him coming in and giving a legitimate approval for the whole crypto and blockchain world.
Electric4

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:17:14 AM

I don't know how much this relates, but if Bill Gates takes out a couple of billions from Microsoft stocks, wouldn't that greatly impact the Microsoft stock?
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:15:43 AM

Yeah price hike will happen if ever he pour his billions of assets on the market. He can also manipulate the market depending on the coin he want to invest in. If we can go with the flow of his manipulation the it would be better for us though it is so hard to speculate when will it be happening so that we can get in. Maybe George is now planning what coin and when he will be playing with us and the market.
We know the influence that investors give to the crypto market. they have a capital that can be practically unlimited. so they can change and manipulate the market price on a coin. but I think bitcoin will be more difficult. look at marketcap and the larger current total of users
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:33:30 AM

Definitely he swallow his negative words about Bitcoin/cryptocurrency  Grin. By his joining in crypto world i think this has a big effect in crypto market cause there is another price manipulator representing by him, with those assets he invested i think he can pump or drastically dump the crypto he will going to choose.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:32:29 AM

Definitely he swallow his negative words about Bitcoin/cryptocurrency  Grin. By his joining in crypto world i think this has a big effect in crypto market cause there is another price manipulator representing by him, with those assets he invested i think he can pump or drastically dump the crypto he will going to choose.
this makes the market certainly will be more attractive, with a significant movement because investors buy in large quantities, it will be a lot of people smile width get a big profit, and on the other hand of course a lot of fomo because it
BellIcon

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:43:22 AM
Merited by BitHodler (1)

I don't think you can put billions of dollars into any coin without moving the price up. And that could be very risky for a billionaire. A lot of money to lose.
BellIcon

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:45:04 AM

I don't think it's a matter of swallowing his words, but rather understanding how the markets work. He's not going to say kind things have the value rise and then buy in. He's going to say bad things, have the value drop, buy, then say good things.
Gab23
Copper Member

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:45:29 AM

There is news everywhere. Everyone could access to news as it is open to public. In case of Hedge fund manager like george seorse, They could use this face when they invest to some asset. As they have influence to public market, They said bad things about the asset they are gonna invest and invest to them when their price dropped. This issue is same context
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:50:37 AM

I don't think you can put billions of dollars into any coin without moving the price up. And that could be very risky for a billionaire. A lot of money to lose.

It may not be one individual it will be many institutions buying this cheap price as that is the near about bottom of this time so anyone would like to buy from that price. Thus due to many people and institution buying at the same time has resulted in the price rise.
Ssid

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:54:42 AM

I don't know how much this relates, but if Bill Gates takes out a couple of billions from Microsoft stocks, wouldn't that greatly impact the Microsoft stock?

There would be a small dip. But it wont affect the company value at all
BellIcon

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:03:44 PM

It may not be one individual it will be many institutions buying this cheap price as that is the near about bottom of this time so anyone would like to buy from that price. Thus due to many people and institution buying at the same time has resulted in the price rise.

I mean, yeah, it can and probably is a lot of wealthy individuals. But since the OP is talking about a billionaire investor, I'm just saying that putting billions would be too risky, because that can raise the price, and then others might dump. Thus the individual losing money. If he were to invest now.
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:53:35 PM

If he trully would start investing and trading in cryprocurrency it could really help increase the market demand of cryptocurrency since he has a worth of billion dollars of assets.
Chacon994

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:02:16 PM

If George Soros invested $ 26 billion in cryptocurrency, then maybe he was becoming a big whale. I also think that he and other billionaires are also watching the situation of the crypto market
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:13:35 PM

it is of course a good thing for crypto market. especially big amount of cash in to the market is useful for all of us. but it is better if manhy small investors to join instead of single investor with huge amount of money.
Victorik

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Should he comes in with his billion dollars, market will certainly a sudden price spike, other billions will want to try it. But in the long run, they will off load their fund and downward trend will start, we only need dedicated investors here and not experimental investors.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:50:08 PM

Correct. It's pretty much a guaranteed way to lose if you try to enter by blindly buying your way up in a market that has barely any liquidity. It's impossible to buy or sell large amounts for a fair price on exchanges.

I am however sure that large investors aren't that ignorant to fall for it. They are very conservative of nature and would likely prefer to open positions through futures and other cash settled financial tools.

Most of these investors just want the exposure but not the asset, so the cash settled tools are perfect in that regard. At some point the volumes of these financial tools will surpass the volumes of the spot markets.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: