Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:45:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying, selling and Escrows  (Read 377 times)
jbssm (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:28:59 PM

Hi all, my first post here.
The reason I started reading the posts was because of some auctions here.

Well, I'm not thinking about it right now, but in the future I would like to use the site to buy or sell, but one question comes to mind: Security.

I know you can use an Escrow, but thing is, how can I be secure with an escrow?

For instance, I sold some BTC in localbitcoins by bank transfer a few days ago, in an escrowed sale. It actually went well, but if I never received the money, how would I prove I really didn't received the money?

I mean, how will the escrow actually cheek I never received an miner I bought here for instance, or that someone I sold some bitcoins to never actually made the bank transfer? Sincerely, this put's me off a bit, but perhaps there are some good practices I should use that dismiss the problem and that you can direct me to.

Donations to the helping fund for victims of alien abduction and zombie contagion are welcome: 13U16ay4Tyvr9ZkQ3wqtReuZGaPE27wt4e
britannia

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

I actually have more or less the same concern. I've just registered on this Forum (having kept an eye on it - and the whole bitcoin market - for the past 12 months or so) because I would like to offer stamps and philatelic collections for bitcoins (that's what I do in the real world - I'm a professional philatelist and stamp dealer). I would be ever so happy to escrow (especially since I'm dealing in classic philately, which is the most valuable/expensive tier of the industry), however I would prefer to do it through a reputable site rather than another Forum user (as I have noticed is often the custom here). I have seen that there are a few such websites, however none of them looked really professional and trustworthy to me. Furthermore, and I think this was jbssm's concern as well, neither of those escrow services out there are straightforward and/or comprehensive enough. Any recommendations? Is there anything I've missed? Thanks!
Bungee

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

This is one of my concerns as well. I guess it all goes down to trust. Find some place to use as an escrow with small transactions, then larger as you see that everything rolls out smoothly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: