Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to change my avatar  (Read 2208 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

For some reason I am not able to change my avatar, I have tried numerous times over the last few month and now I am getting a little tired of it. I have tried all the basics such as different image formats, sizes and deleting cookies etc. So any idea how to fix this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:28:26 PM

I believe Theymos still has that feature disabled due to the forum hack that occured

uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:47:02 PM

I believe Theymos still has that feature disabled due to the forum hack that occured

Oh that makes sense, thanks. Tongue
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

...and 6 days ago

Uploading avatars has been temporarily disabled, as that is a possibly exploitable security hole on the current forum software. I think you can still be Freddie Prinze Jr, though.

Same question answered 5 days ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317837

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306878.0

It would be about 10 seconds for an admin to add html to that page <p>Avatar changes temporarily disabled</p> and save this confusion...
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:00:07 PM

Here's the sad part though, SMF 1x branch is old, very old. IF the foroum admins would upgrade to the current 2.0.6 that I use on all my sites this site would be a lot better and not have the security loopholes being experienced. Funny thing is it would literally take the admins all of 10 minutes to do it.

To be decided...
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:44:56 PM

Funny thing is it would literally take the admins all of 10 minutes to do it.

That is if nothing goes wrong in the upgrade. And if it does people will be pissed.. they have to test before upgrading.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:20:30 PM

That is if nothing goes wrong in the upgrade. And if it does people will be pissed.. they have to test before upgrading.
And 2.0 has been out for if im no mistaken over 4 yrs now... either way, id bet a thousand bucks I could upgrade this site inside of 10 minutes and not break a thing. All it is doing is replacing old iles with new and modiying the DB slightly, that said if the admins here are comoetant (sp?) then they would have nightly backups to replace and even if smarter take a new backup and dump the site in maintenance mode before proceeding.

I'm just sayin theres far to many excuses for not to have somethin done that is easily done without error if people know what theyre doing and by doing this fixes the so called loopholes that make them taake stuff like external avatar links etc. offline.

To be decided...
robonix

Activity: 53
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:42:56 AM

Kind of sucks that new users can't even have an avatar and seasond users are stuck with the avatar they already had. What if I some one gets tired of their avatar?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

Kind of sucks that new users can't even have an avatar and seasond users are stuck with the avatar they already had. What if I some one gets tired of their avatar?

You can add a message under your avatar saying that you have officially disowned it.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:21:10 AM

You can add a message under your avatar saying that you have officially disowned it.
Lol, I just wish I could have one, I even sent Theymos a message saying I'd pay him a bit of BTC to go in and add one for me but apparently he's to busy to even give me the time of day whether he says hey buddy sure, or piss off and leave me alone.

To be decided...
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:19:15 PM

Literally iam tired of my avatar i wish i can change it soon . I have it since last year !!  Cry
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:33:27 AM

And 2.0 has been out for if im no mistaken over 4 yrs now... either way, id bet a thousand bucks I could upgrade this site inside of 10 minutes and not break a thing. All it is doing is replacing old iles with new and modiying the DB slightly, that said if the admins here are comoetant (sp?) then they would have nightly backups to replace and even if smarter take a new backup and dump the site in maintenance mode before proceeding.

I'm just sayin theres far to many excuses for not to have somethin done that is easily done without error if people know what theyre doing and by doing this fixes the so called loopholes that make them taake stuff like external avatar links etc. offline.

I'd love to see tneymos take you up on this just to make an easy thousand bucks. Use escrow? This forum has many custom mods which would certainly break, no matter how much some guy on the internet insists.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:46:45 AM

I'd love to see tneymos take you up on this just to make an easy thousand bucks. Use escrow? This forum has many custom mods which would certainly break, no matter how much some guy on the internet insists.
He wont and he'd be too invested just to set something up to where it does fail to get a thousand bucks. Sure, one could argue well why would he do that when he's sitting on over 80k in BTC.

Answer: Because he could always use more money to sit on until the day something mysterious happens to the forum and everyone wonders what about all that BTC they donated over the years for promised upgrades that everyones still waiting on.

To be decided...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:40:20 AM

He wont and he'd be too invested just to set something up to where it does fail to get a thousand bucks. Sure, one could argue well why would he do that when he's sitting on over 80k in BTC.

Answer: Because he could always use more money to sit on until the day something mysterious happens to the forum and everyone wonders what about all that BTC they donated over the years for promised upgrades that everyones still waiting on.

You're out of date on your talking points. The trendy thing to be bitching about now is that theymos spent 'too much' on new software, not that he hasn't done anything with it

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: