Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another HashFast delay  (Read 2555 times)
dbbit (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:29:54 PM

BFL is starting to look good...

PRODUCTION UPDATE — 11/07/2013
We want to update our customers on the progress of our machine production.

Producing a rig as powerful as the Baby Jet or Sierra requires coordination with a host of fabricators and designers — like the machines themselves, it's a lot of moving parts, and fluid timelines.

This is the situation:

Silicon Wafer Fabbed Out Successfully
The silicon wafers have completed fabrication. The silicon is the core of the chip, and the complicated etching process that creates the circuitry on the silicon is finished. Now the process is starting of taking this silicon, with its complete circuits, and packaging it into finished chips. The wafers are en route to San Jose, where they will be cut into individual die. We’ll get photos for you soon.

Substrate Update
When we designed our substrates, we knew they'd be one of the most unpredictable segments of the chip's production. Substrate production has a lot of risk — at high power, a substrate can overheat, causing a rig to underperform. While rerunning simulations in Cadence, we saw some concerning currents in some of the vias in the substrate. In order to address that, we've been working closely - every day - with both our substrate designers and our manufacturing house. We’ve made key improvements to the design that can be incorporated even into those substrates that are already in manufacturing. Even so, the latest delivery estimates for the modified, improved substrate design are three weeks from today. This means that we would be shipping our first rigs mid-December.

Obviously this is an incredible concern to us, and to you. So for the last several weeks, we've been engaged with an additional team to work on an additional substrate, simultaneous with our existing fabricator. Essentially, we now have two teams racing to produce the best and fastest substrate. As soon as that is done, we'll marry the substrates to the finished wafer and begin assembly of the rigs.

Miner Protection Program
For those of you covered under the Miner Protection Program™ (https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/), this delay will not affect the starting point from which benefits are calculated. For First Batch Baby Jets, the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th. We want to make sure a delayed ship date does not reduce the value of the program.

A lot of smart, hardworking people are working incredibly long hours to improve our production schedule. If we are able to ship rigs sooner than expected, we'll do so. And, of course, we'll let you know as we receive further information from our production line.

- The HashFast Team
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:46:34 PM

I see the protection, but when you wait for that 90 days, then getting 400% more hashing power at that time will not do much good either.  The protection seems better than anyone else on the market, but I would say it would be a true protection if you get that hashing power at the time of the delayed shipping time.

What do you think?  I might be wrong in math.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
dbbit (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:50:20 PM

Hopefully the protection would kick in immediately at the end of January instead of actual delivery date + 90 days.   But it's not 100% clear from the email.

Though, come to think of it, the protection at the end of January will still require that you buy 4 rigs in order to host the MPP chips they'll send you. The rigs looks like they'll be around $1000 each, so another $4000 to get you up to 2TB at the end of January (at best).

Or you can buy 400ghs of hashing power today for $4000 (cex.io), or even more GHS with physical hardware that's in-stock, and you'll most likely be better off.
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:41:51 AM

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how the miner protection plan is going to help recoup losses based from delayed shipping either.
Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:36:52 AM

Oh no, not again.. those without miners protection is going to cry hard.....
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 01:42:58 AM

Oh no, not again.. those with or without miners protection is going to cry hard.....

FTFY

derekleong75

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:57:13 AM

Cant stop being a conspiracy theorist but isnt it uncanny that this announcement comes after the huge spike in btc/usd increases the past few days?
Zawamiya

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:14:10 AM

Oh no, not again.. those with or without miners protection is going to cry hard.....

FTFY

What FTFY means??
Zawamiya

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:19:44 AM

Hopefully the protection would kick in immediately at the end of January instead of actual delivery date + 90 days.   But it's not 100% clear from the email.

Though, come to think of it, the protection at the end of January will still require that you buy 4 rigs in order to host the MPP chips they'll send you. The rigs looks like they'll be around $1000 each, so another $4000 to get you up to 2TB at the end of January (at best).

Or you can buy 400ghs of hashing power today for $4000 (cex.io), or even more GHS with physical hardware that's in-stock, and you'll most likely be better off.

if it deliver the MPP after 90 days, the difficulty might have gone up 10 times... Its as good as not giving....
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 02:31:04 AM

FTFY

What FTFY means??

"Fixed that for you" lol, I just adjusted your statement a little bit.

Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:38:46 AM

Very unlucky, mining really is becoming a fools game.

You can read my post on the destruction of GH/s values, a decrease of a 1000% in 7 months.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327604.0
dbbit (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:41:34 AM

Very unlucky, mining really is becoming a fools game.

You can read my post on the destruction of GH/s values, a decrease of a 1000% in 7 months.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327604.0

And you can read my post of why that can't happen...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327448.0

However, let's leave the typical "I should be the only person to be allowed mining and all your other f*****s should stop buying miners and increasing my difficulty" comments for other threads. This is just about the HashFast delivery.

Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:43:45 AM

I do agree that hashing increases can't keep on indefinitely, however any miner acquired at todays prices and received in the months time will be nothing more then expensive coffee tables in 7 months.

It will be interesting to who was more accurate on this Smiley I hope you right and I am wrong ofc.
sushi

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:29:19 AM

I really feel sorry for those who spent their entire saving to pre-order the miners hoping to make 5 figure income in a few months...  Now the machines will produce some coins but not enough to pay off what they invested in.

More and more are listed on Ebay and sad part is, many people are falling for it with the ads saying it's a pre-orderred item in the top que and when they get the machine it will produce $100-$1000 a day depends on the ads

Poor guys..

If they are reasonable GH/S rate, I will give them some $$$ back for the machines they have no intentions of using but, so far, everyone want to sell them with premium price.  I wander if those guys thought about charge backs and Paypal&Ebay disputes after the buyers actually realized, the sellers pulled the same scams on the new buyers?

The companies may have enough money to defend themselves from the crazy profits they made from non-refundable BTC payments,but the sellers who are unfaithfully selling the bad investment to unsuspected buyers can afford their own lawyer to defend themselves?  The poor buyers on ebay or craigslist who spend their chunk of savings on the false advertisement thinking they can make $10,000 investment into $20,000 when the machine may return $1,000 - $3,000 with the current difficulties and for sure the increased difficulties in the very near future.  Is it worth trashing your own decently rated ebay accounts to resell your loss?

but I guess that is the consequence of the capitalist free worlds!  Strong eat weak to survive

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:10:29 AM

Oh man, another BFL in the making? Maybe if they ship in december its still not as bad as BFL but still it sucks....

IEC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:39:26 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 05:26:33 PM by IEC

@ dbbit:

Where is this information from?? I don´t reveived this in my newsletter and found nothing like that on the official hashfast blog!?

Is this delivery date for Batch 1 Sierras or Batch 2? If it is for Batch 2 (November Shipping) 14 days should not be a problem. Even KNC got 14 days delay...
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

Oh no, not again.. those without miners protection is going to cry hard.....

I think those that bought MPP should be crying hard.  what good is the protection when it takes 3 months after delivery?  You were better off buying cheaper units without MPP and get more up front.  3 months + mid December delivery is about 12-14 difficulty changes away.

bad news for baby faps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: