Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 08:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess this is where this goes: Wana check on how to properly get my SD card...  (Read 541 times)
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:50:55 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 04:17:45 PM by MoreBloodWine

I guess this is where this goes: Wana check on how to properly get my SD card imaged with MinePeon.

Every guide is different in what it says but they all tend to follow similar guidelines but not when it comes to Win32 Disk Imager.

So here's my question... actually, first read this for a bit of back story: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327374.msg3513499#msg3513499

Anyway, to avoid any more shock factors, what's the best and easiest way to set up my SD card for my Pi with MinePeon and not have any unallocated space ?

Or do I just do what I did before using Win32 Disk Imager and then delete the E: partiion of 90mb and recreate it to use the 13+ gb of unallocated space ?

Tried this on a dummy 2gb card and the partition cannot be deleted without first removing th logical drive which is all the Pi / MinePeon software.

So ya, now I'm confused and lost as to what to do.

I re purposed the 16b card for my camera since it needed a bigger card anyway and plan on using an 8gb card I just got for my Pi / MinePeon. Either way I know I'm gonna run in to the same thing if I use the Win32 Disk Imager, I'll get a 1.x GB logical drive and a 90mb or so E:\ drive with about 6gb unallocaated. So ya, whats the best way to do this because even if I used a 4gb card which all the guides recomend as the smallest to consider I'd still end up with 2gb unused space which makes me wonder why all these so called guides recomend at least a 4GB card when half of it is lost to unallocated space.

To be decided...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: