Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:12:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how high will BTC go by next weekend - 11/15/13  (Read 2949 times)
btcforall777 (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:56:12 PM

Well...

It went up 50% ($100) in one week!

it doubled in 1 month!

I say it will  shoot up to $400, take a breather for a few days, then will close over $450.00 by Friday 11/15/2013.

Just sayin.

MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:58:06 PM

Its basically impossible to predict ha.  But I think we will see some pullback soon...I think the price will start to slow and flatline for a bit now that the hype is nearly over...but long term shes a winner
btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:01:35 AM

yes impossible to predict, but considering the chinese participation, the lack of DDOS attacks, and the news media reporting the bubble belivers were wrong along with the new highs, I think there will be new highs mixed with short periods where everyone catches thier breath.

when everyone sees the new level of stability more and more money will flow into it -- rinse, repeat!

$450 in 7 or 8 days!
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:11:43 AM

Take a look at some of the trading sessions pushing the coins up tens of $ with only a few hundred trades.

There is a MASSIVE bubble forming, it is being driven by sites trading futures and naked short selling of the coins, and the  recent 3 pronged dumping of the coins in the last week.

If you can ride it and get out just before the crash… then good luck.

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:15:34 AM

Take a look at some of the trading sessions pushing the coins up tens of $ with only a few hundred trades.

There is a MASSIVE bubble forming, it is being driven by sites trading futures and naked short selling of the coins, and the  recent 3 pronged dumping of the coins in the last week.

If you can ride it and get out just before the crash… then good luck.

This.

NOTHING rises forever.  It will correct at some point over the next few weeks.
btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:40:44 PM

its at 400. my forecast may have been bearish. revising to 500 by next weekend.

like i said, not for the faint at heart....

i tripled in one week  10k to 30K  im smiling

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:15:37 AM

I don't mean to sound pompous, but there are so many naive investors in bitcoin right now. What's happening now is speculation, pure and simple. A lot of fanatics were saying in April that it would just keep rising until it hit thousands of dollars, and they were completely serious. And now we're accusing the moderate commentators who declared bitcoin a bubble to be in the wrong? They were absolutely right! And it still IS a bubble. Until anyone can show a legitimate reason that 1 bitcoin is worth $350+ as of right now, it's the very definition of speculation.

I'm not saying it can't reach $400 or even $500 in the coming weeks, but it will come down hard before long -- have no doubt of that -- because there is nothing right now to base that value on (and don't say because the Chinese are also speculating on it). If bitcoin does eventually become a major payment service, then it won't be a bubble anymore. But that's yet to happen, and nobody can foretell with any certainty whether it actually will or not.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:19:54 PM

I don't mean to sound pompous, but there are so many naive investors in bitcoin right now. What's happening now is speculation, pure and simple. A lot of fanatics were saying in April that it would just keep rising until it hit thousands of dollars, and they were completely serious. And now we're accusing the moderate commentators who declared bitcoin a bubble to be in the wrong? They were absolutely right! And it still IS a bubble. Until anyone can show a legitimate reason that 1 bitcoin is worth $350+ as of right now, it's the very definition of speculation.

I'm not saying it can't reach $400 or even $500 in the coming weeks, but it will come down hard before long -- have no doubt of that -- because there is nothing right now to base that value on (and don't say because the Chinese are also speculating on it). If bitcoin does eventually become a major payment service, then it won't be a bubble anymore. But that's yet to happen, and nobody can foretell with any certainty whether it actually will or not.

since when does speculation = bubble?

you dont sound pompous, just uneducated. your logic is weak at best. some of the finest business minds in the entire world strongly disagree with you. and put their money where their mouth is.

If you feel this way, think how much money you can make by shorting bitcoin! tell us about your profits so far or go back school.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:28:17 PM

I dont think the big correction comes soon, still the demand is high and adoption continues,  11/15/13 we might even see $500+

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

Laughing at the pompous newbie that doesn't understand the power of bitcoin to revolutionize money or the logarithmic adoption curves that go along with that.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:45:00 PM

So Gold has a market cap of 7 Trillion market cap because it is a major payment service? Right?

(oh, I forgot, its because of its myriad industrial uses. Correct?)

(oh, I mean, its because it's been considered valuable off and on by different cultures for thousands of years. That's why, right?)
kireinaha

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:57:01 PM

So Gold has a market cap of 7 Trillion market cap because it is a major payment service? Right?

(oh, I forgot, its because of its myriad industrial uses. Correct?)

(oh, I mean, its because it's been considered valuable off and on by different cultures for thousands of years. That's why, right?)

Wait a minute, are you actually comparing a digital currency used (but mostly hoarded) by a small group of Internet enthusiasts to gold?  Roll Eyes LMAO... Put the mouse down and step away from the Internet...

kireinaha

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:02:00 PM

Laughing at the pompous newbie that doesn't understand the power of bitcoin to revolutionize money or the logarithmic adoption curves that go along with that.

I never said it couldn't revolution currency, but it's not poised to that in it's current incarnation and the current valuation of $300-$350 per coin is ridiculous given the lack of a wide user base, the technical and security challenges that will need to be overcome and ultimately the pesky little fact that it can't even be used anywhere (aside from Reddit and other minor players).

What the bitcoin zealots on this forum seem to overlook is the fact that wild, runaway speculation of an asset does not equal success of said asset. The test is yet to come, and we could very well see the value of bitcoin plummet to zero over the next few years.

btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:03:11 PM

I dont own or watch tv regularly and have not for years. So one day im sitting in a restauartnt watching tv and notice all of the commercial have a FACEBOOK logo in them. Im like WTF!?

There was a time when face book was scoffed at. Same with twitter. People spoke of the the same way schmucks speak about bitcoin today

One major commercial insitution makes an announcement, next we will be seeing the Bitcoin logo on superbowl commercials. Then we can start talking about a bubble.

$400 bitcoin will be the good old days and bitcoin will be $5000 or $10,000 or who knows what. Yeah im speculating, but my point is simple. If you have any  brains at all, BUY!
kireinaha

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:04:39 PM

you dont sound pompous, just uneducated. your logic is weak at best. some of the finest business minds in the entire world strongly disagree with you. and put their money where their mouth is.

If you feel this way, think how much money you can make by shorting bitcoin! tell us about your profits so far or go back school.

Runaway speculation always leads to an economic bubble. All I did was merely point out that it's already happened twice with bitcoin and is poised to happen again within the next week or two. Apparently pointing out the obvious is akin to blasphemy around here.

btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:08:11 PM

Runaway speculation always leads to an economic bubble. All I did was merely point out that it's already happened twice with bitcoin and is poised to happen again within the next week or two. Apparently pointing out the obvious is akin to blasphemy around here.

do you even know what a bubble is?? so how much bitcoin have you shorted? since you are so sure?

shouldnt you be looking at your governement bond charts or something/
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:09:31 PM

Runaway speculation always leads to an economic bubble.

I'll tell that to the guys who invested early in Microsoft, Google and Apple.  I'm sure that Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Sergey Brin, Larry Page, Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs will be very upset to find out that their billions are actually a "bubble" that was due for a correction and that they shouldn't have held their stock, that it was a stupid idea.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:10:35 PM

i tripled in one week  10k to 30K  im smiling

To triple ($) you have to sell. Have you sold?

btcforall777 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:17:23 PM

i tripled in one week  10k to 30K  im smiling

To triple ($) you have to sell. Have you sold?

i scrape a some of the top, periodically however the value of my account has about  tripled in the last week.

waiting for bitcoin to break the Gox $400 resistance level and take a run at $500. will cause my triple to double.  I speculate 7 to 10 days for this to happen.

kireinaha

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:18:34 PM

Runaway speculation always leads to an economic bubble.

I'll tell that to the guys who invested early in Microsoft, Google and Apple.  I'm sure that Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Sergey Brin, Larry Page, Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs will be very upset to find out that their billions are actually a "bubble" that was due for a correction and that they shouldn't have held their stock, that it was a stupid idea.

Microsoft and Apple produced software and computers; Google produced an Internet search engine. If you now buy stock in any of the three, you're investing in some of the largest companies in the world. There is underlying value in those companies that warrant value in their stock.

With bitcoin, you're investing in a digital currency which holds the possibility of becoming mainstream and one day making you rich. What I'm saying is, the current value of one bitcoin does not represent any real infrastructure and is merely speculation on the part of thousands of people who hope to become rich quick.

What you and others fail to realize is, people buy Apple stock because it's a hugely valuable company that's used by millions around the world and deserves to be valued at billions of dollars. Bitcoin has the *potential* to be that way somebody, but it has a long ways to go before it genuinely deserves a 3 billion dollar market cap. Everyone here wants so badly to put the cart before the horse and declare that bitcoin has "made it" merely because it's expensive right now, which is a logical fallacy.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: