Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:32:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Reaches New Heights  (Read 3254 times)
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:09:02 AM

$369 and Raising!!! Btc is ballooning up.BTC

dairy100

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:50:39 AM

btcchina.com is down at the moment - gox is still running
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:33:27 PM

Wow it's almost at 400. right now. Can anyone answer this question. Why is Bitcoin raising so much and so fast?

zkay

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:48:41 PM

Wow it's almost at 400. right now. Can anyone answer this question. Why is Bitcoin raising so much and so fast?

I warn you that people have short memories, for the most part. It was a lot like this in the final runup in april. People saying it can never go down, it will correct only upwards, the insane price movement upward that seemed like it was never going to abate.

Cash at least some out. Take at least some profits. Pack a parachute, that's all I'm saying.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:18:04 PM

Who cares if in a year it will gain at least 10-fold. Bears are always slaughtered in bitcoin world.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:26:45 PM

Bitcoin's real value is minimum $300,000 dollars, and by the time it hits it, it may be more because it is hard to buy anything with dollars anymore.

The time in between we'll just have to wait.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:52:22 PM

I am still stunned that 1 BTC=~1/4 ounce of gold at this point and rapidly approaching 1/3 of an ounce of gold.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:52:44 PM

Sucks when you're wrong huh Sad   Went up to $352 after you posted this Smiley

Sorry.... I can't call the exact moment when it will crash but it will be soon.  Tongue

Yep last time it skyrocketed it had a sudden crash. My belief is that it will crash back to the long-term trendline it was on around $222.
Also with inputs.io being hacked I can imagine a big part of the 4100 btc being sold Smiley

I pulled out my BTC a few hours ago and am patiently waiting for the crash to come, so I can buy back more bitcoins  Wink

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
alexout

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:00:47 PM

how is an advertisement of a thread like this allowed to exist? we dont need more spammers on this forum. :/
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:45:29 PM

long-term trendline it was on around $222.

What happened to your trendline in Spring 2013 when it jumped from $14 to $100+ ?
Also, don't expect repeating of April's crash, which was not a natural correction but terrible manipulation including shutdown of major exchange, ddos and FUD campaign.
Bitcoin now is much stronger and protected than it was in April.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:58:00 PM

What happened to your trendline in Spring 2013 when it jumped from $14 to $100+ ?
Also, don't expect repeating of April's crash, which was not a natural correction but terrible manipulation including shutdown of major exchange, ddos and FUD campaign.

I'm no trading expert but only looking at the last month it has gradually crawled from $140 to $222. 24 october there was a correction back to this trend-line.
I believe $222 to be a fair price for bitcoins at the moment and this is what I call the long-term trendline..
I don't believe that the bitcoin will crash below $100 or will go or stay above $440 for long.
It will reach $440 or higher only not in this "bubble".

Taking a look at the bitcoincharts 6 month chart the last bar looks unhealthy Cheesy

Also with the recent 4100 BTC being stolen who can say this bubble isn't a setup so they can sell in the current high.

Nobody knows what will happen but i'm betting on a crash back to the $222 line or lower with a rebound to this value.

Hope I'm right Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
jjtech

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:04:49 PM

I'm wondering why people seem to forget it? April crash was triggered mainly by severe manipulation and shut-downs. I have a feeling that some (same?) people will try (or are trying) to bring it down again. Exchanges were the single point of failure back than. In my opinion right now it depends if exchanges will defend against vicious attacks this time.

Whole thing only shows how ridiculous some of those predictions are. How the hell are we supposed to know what THE REAL value of btc is and what kind of correction we should expect? It's nothing but reading tea leaves. Bitcoin can go ridiculously high - beyond anyone's imagination.. Or drop down to 0$ tomorrow. My guess - and it's only guess - is that it will steadily go up (with some minor accidents caused by vulnerability of exchanges and govt/banks actions slash propaganda).

As before - I simply keep what I've got and relax. I don't want to take part in the manipulation to make few bucks. It's more of a "value system" thing for me than opportunity to make $
jjtech

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:15:24 PM

I warn you that people have short memories, for the most part. It was a lot like this in the final runup in april. People saying it can never go down, it will correct only upwards, the insane price movement upward that seemed like it was never going to abate.

Cash at least some out. Take at least some profits. Pack a parachute, that's all I'm saying.

I don't understand all those “predictions” - what are they based on?
What the hell are you talking about bringing some “trendlines”? In april someone hacked two largest bitcoin exchanges causing a panic. Devaluation of btc was a result of failure of exchange vehicles. Nobody knows what would have happened if mtgox and bitstamp and the rest weren't hacked. This discussion is a pile of garbage.

There a multiple known factors that can contribute to btc growing in value and those that can bring it down. If someone will show previously unknown vulnerability in the code, or exchanges will crash again, or government will find a way to crash it, it will quickly go down in value. All the way to zero.

On the other hand: further econonical crisis fueled by continuous quantitative easing, devaluation of currency, banking system corruption and real estate crash will likely contribute to further growth of btc value.

Nobody knows what's going to happen next – you can only bet.
jjtech

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:21:43 PM

I'm no trading expert but only looking at the last month it has gradually crawled from $140 to $222. 24 october there was a correction back to this trend-line.
I believe $222 to be a fair price for bitcoins at the moment and this is what I call the long-term trendline..
I don't believe that the bitcoin will crash below $100 or will go or stay above $440 for long.
It will reach $440 or higher only not in this "bubble".

Taking a look at the bitcoincharts 6 month chart the last bar looks unhealthy Cheesy

Also with the recent 4100 BTC being stolen who can say this bubble isn't a setup so they can sell in the current high.

Nobody knows what will happen but i'm betting on a crash back to the $222 line or lower with a rebound to this value.

Hope I'm right Smiley

Maybe you should apply for a job at Bloomberg.
What you mean by "chart looks unhealthy"? It's too windy and it caught cold? What your belief in $222 being a fair price is based upon? You found it in a fortune cookie?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:06:31 PM

The wage takes into account the inflation of fiat  Wink
Besides BTC will make everyone rich Grin, well at least me I hope  Tongue

Well our hopes are similar. I find it hard to believe, my bitcoins are worth over $1000 one day. That would be like flying on crack.

the style of traveling is completely up to you. as long as your flight arrives in frankfurt:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285771.0

Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: