Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:11:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Replace Gold ?  (Read 552 times)
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:38:51 PM

Where will the bitcoin, if suddenly the electricity is turned off?) Have I answered your question?) Grin
Suguha

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:44:43 AM

I think no, bitcoun cannot replace bitcoin even if bitcoin has a high value of money. gold is hard to find becauaw you need to dig mountain to find one. Gold is more expensive than bitcoin, you can earn money in bitcoin but not as much as a gold. Bitcoin cannot replace gold.
yaghoniyu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:53:58 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

No, bitcoin is crypto currency and gold is a natural resources. So, I think two difference thing.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:05:16 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

Yes in terms of value may be bitcoin is better than Gold but in terms of stability in the market i think gold is better because even war or any financial crisis in the market can't stop gold popularity.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Tang lancip

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:26:33 AM

Bitcoin is virtual like credit card and online banking network that we use every day. Bitcoin can be used for online and in-store payments as well as conventional money. Bitcoin technology - protocol and cryptography - has a strong record of security records, and the Bitcoin network is probably the largest distributed tally project in the world. Bitcoin's most common disadvantage lies in its user error. Bitcoin wallet data that holds private keys can be erased accidentally, lost, or stolen. This is similar to physical cash stored in digital form. Fortunately, users can apply security measures to protect their money or use the services of providers that offer high level security and insurance against theft or loss.

Gold is a trusted precious metal that can retain its value and be used in transactions. In addition, gold has a unique and rare because gold is made from the process of magmatic or concentration on the surface of the earth. Gold is a metal that is soft, corrosion resistant and easily exposed so that in its development gold can be formed into jewelry. Gold is known before Christ and is used as a tool to transact. Currently, gold becomes one of the largest investments or foreign exchange earners for the country

Both of these will make a good investment vehicle. live we can consider and have the courage to ber
jimmydvd

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:35:50 AM

In your opinion, bitcoin will be better because it will produce more than it will produce when bitcoin will continue to rise in price on its journey. The rise and fall of bitcoin market price but if invested in long-term bitcoin will be much better that I think.
thank you
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:10:56 PM

For this moment, i think gold is still not being replace so easily. Gold is limited edition and there is fix formula and rate for every gram it sell and it also has the committee to check and to help to fix the price. But for bitcoin, it is decentralize, thus it is hard to fix the rate and its rate also too fluctuate to monitor. So maybe in the future it will be the gold in crypto world but it will not able to replace gold.

dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

Bitcoin is different than Gold, and no one can replace the other obviously. Gold is mainly a physical asset and considered among goods, while Bitcoin is a crypto currency and digital asset too. Both of them are very valuable and profitable, but gold is the oldest one and it is very trusted by people around the world more than Bitcoin right now.
Dek Aireen

Activity: 126
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:20:10 PM

Bitcoin can also be positioned as gold.
gold is a mined item and used as a medium of exchange.
Likewise, bitcoins are generated by mined and both have a limited amount to be mined.

Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:22:18 PM

For this moment, i think gold is still not being replace so easily. Gold is limited edition and there is fix formula and rate for every gram it sell and it also has the committee to check and to help to fix the price. But for bitcoin, it is decentralize, thus it is hard to fix the rate and its rate also too fluctuate to monitor. So maybe in the future it will be the gold in crypto world but it will not able to replace gold.
The popularity on bitcoin is now trending all over the world because of the capabilities than gold has. I know gold is also popular in terms of prices but I think in terms of opportunity and without any amount to invest bitcoin is the most relevant. It has a brighter future as long as we support and manage our time for the sake of bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control on the market price and the fluctuation so I think in near future it has a potential to be our single currency and the USD will be replacement on currencies.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:23:49 PM

Bitcoin and gold are in two separate categories, sure they are both stores of value, but one is digital and one is physical. They both have their own space, and both will continue to be used. Obviously Gold is no longer used as a payment method due to the difficulty in moving it around, and verifying its value.  If you are asking if bitcoin will replace gold, it already has, what you should be asking is when/if ever will it replace fiat.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
kingnony

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

I don't see that happening any time soon. Both of them are of different entity, so gold will be what it is physical store of value and bitcoin may continue been king of crptocurrency.
bct-72

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:37:31 PM

Bitcoin is not stable enough to replace gold
DonateBB

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:41:15 PM

I do not think that BTC will replace gold. They are a risky asset and are not recognized internationally as gold.
Harpawan

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

Between gold and bitcoin are different functions but can be related to each other. Packaging as a beauty that can be bought with bitcoin.gold can be replaced by bitcoin when gold in position as an investment.
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

Bitcoin and gold are completely two different things. Gold is a metal which is given to us by nature and Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency created by a man. So the question of one replacing the other does not arise. Gold is used a long term investment since a long time whereas Bitcoin is also used in place of fiat money. The amount of money invested in gold is in trillions and Bitcoin is not even close to that. Bitcoin can never have that wide acceptability.
Yes that is right that these two are different thing, bitcoin is a currency a online currency, while gold is an element and we mostly use gold for saving purposes, I think that those people who want make money then they should invest their money in bitcoin, because bitcoin has a good potential to give us a good profit.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:59:27 PM

I do not think that BTC will replace gold, but gold and bitcoin have different functions but can relate to each other as an investment. Bitcoin is a risky asset and is not internationally recognized as gold.

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:17:26 PM

I agree with you. bitcoin can be like gold but bitcoin can not replace gold. because gold has a shape but does not run on a required system such as using payments. while bitcoin is a much-needed system for payment transactions. both valued because of the deal between the seller and the buyer.
galkinig

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:17:55 PM

Some people will never trust bitcoins because it is an online investment. For those who treat all opportunities with same eye are already placing their bets on bitcoins.
Zero21

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:22:36 PM

I think no, because gold is gold and bitcoin is bitcoin, what i mean is the two of them is very famous to us and both of them is even though they are not the same value but bitcoin is cant replace gold and viseversa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: