Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEASER] eMunie 0.9.6 Screenshots  (Read 7198 times)
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:42:34 PM

eMunie will be open source at some point, but not on release day. If you see the 100 Bitcoin copies out there then this makes a lot of sense, so there are not 10 eMunie style currencies after 2 weeks.

Radix - just imagine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pitstop

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

Damn!! Innovation at last! Not just another Bitch Copy Coin! Cant wait till launch,!! Sounds like it could be adopted as an actual replacement global currency for the masses and not just vulture tec's! Bitcoin watch out!!

Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:51:23 PM

New client is working great!

Though, I think the real teaser is what is actually behind those windows  Wink

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:51:32 PM

eMunie will be open source at some point, but not on release day. If you see the 100 Bitcoin copies out there then this makes a lot of sense, so there are not 10 eMunie style currencies after 2 weeks.

I'm not sure what I think of this policy. You can't fight the inevitable. If eMunie is as great as it looks, there will be copy cats. You can't stop this. eMunie will always be the first though, network effect goes a long ways. All of the copy cats will be considered just that- copy cats.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:53:44 PM

If it's closed source, premined, it has scam written all over it.
I'd try taking it down myself if I had the resources.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:10:37 PM

2700 posts in just about 200 hours, WOW, how do you do that??
One does not need to read your posts for getting what you mean, your stats speak it nakedly! Wink
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:17:11 PM

2700 posts in just about 200 hours, WOW, how do you do that??
One does not need to read your posts for getting what you mean, your stats speak it nakedly! Wink

Signature ADs duh. I'll up my speed until I reach a pace of 3k a month.
btw eMunie sucks, there, you asked for it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:18:05 PM

Seems interesting, but if its not open source it won't be any good.

Lol you are going to eat those words

Seems interesting, but if its not open source it won't be any good.

It's also going to be heavily pre-mined. And if you read the forums they don't want people to be able to make a lot of money off it by buying it when it's new (demand based supply).

You razor sharp insight into the inner workings is amazing. Tell me though, in your hours upon hours of reading, how did you miss that there is no mining and the all pleasant, this isn't another scam coin commodity?? You want to pump and dump on the troll box then keep fucking walking.

You can phrase it however you want but you are touting this alternative currency on a Bitcoin discussion forum; Bitcoin of course being built upon with fair and open source concepts. People who join this community tend to hold similar viewpoints. Which is why historically alternative currencies which are closed source or do not have a fair start (owner keeping a hoard of the coins for themself) are shot down and 'trolled' hard.

Please don't get on your high horse to me about pump and dumps and other annoying and misused terms. You yourself are a founding member of Emunie hoping to receive Emu from Fuseleer by kissing his ass so it therefore makes yourself look rather idiotic that you try to berate me for criticising the investment potential.
bybitcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:20:04 PM

So you are a brainless mouth, okay I got!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:21:29 PM

So you are a brainless mouth, okay I got!

Nobody gives a damn about eMunie, go away.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pitstop

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:23:06 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 01:30:29 PM by Pitstop

I don't know! if it were my Coin, Decentralized Exchange and Payment Processor all in one giving you interest on your holding, where you can Trade Paper ( FIAT ) Currency and other Cryptocoins worldwide with Private Anonymous accounts with FREE Processing Service... plus much more ( taken from their facebook page ). I would keep it closed sourced for as long as I could and if it is closed sourced for a few months, what's the harm! Ripple had a full pre-mine, closed sourced at the start and pump and dump and it's doing ok with far less of the tools or innovation that Emunie has! Get in at the very start Vulture miners will hate it, but that's what makes it a currency and not another bitch coin!!

wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:24:09 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 12:19:21 AM by wezelvis

Closed source development is the only practical way for a single dev to code something as complex as eMunie. Have a look at some of the features.

• eMunie naming system (ENS) - human understandable/memorable addresses
  • eMunie web - run your own eMunie web site independent of the WWW
  • eMunie messaging/mail system
  • chat - inside the eMunie client
  • user profiles - inside the client
  • user rating system - inside the client

All fully encrypted AND anonymous, all lightning fast, with only a tiny client database to download - all this and still fully decentralised and P2P!

Next will be the holy grail ...  a fully P2P exchange .. expect that one very soon too!

One guy can't code all that using an open source approach.

eMunie is the first fully integrated suite of crypto currency tools designed to facilitate real trade of goods & services in the global economy.

There isn't a premine (EMU aren't mined at all).

eMunie incorporates a system of dynamic supply to achieve a stable price over the longer term. At the start this will require having sufficient EMU in the market to prevent a huge spike in the EMU price immediately after the release.

You'll have plenty of time to buy into the "pre-mine" yourself when it's announced Smiley No need to "take anything down", but you're welcome to join the party!

A lot of alt coins will disappear very soon. Only the strong survive from now on. If a crypto coin is not useful, it will die.

eMunie is obviously VERY useful

Bitcoin was a great first step for crypto currencies ... eMunie is the giant leap!

Closed source during development is totally justified in this situation.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:30:37 PM

1. eMunie will be an open source after a short period of stabilizing after the launch, the only purpose of short-period closed source is to prevent the copy-cat..
2-Pre-Mined: I would rather not call it pre-mined. eMunie in my opinion is a POS model with the extra-built-in supply-demand to ensure economic stability and also preventing bump and dump, that is the way a CURRENCY (and not a commodity) should be. Of course Without placing an initial amount of coins in the system you can't implement the POS and an uniform Demand-Supply basement above it!
3-This POS like model with a soft supplied source of new coins, is provided with a fairer distributive way of mining. It will not be a hardware-Energy hungry Asic-armed race of mining all for the same straight line of blocks 0, 1,2,3,4,5..................

If this is a kind of POS model what is the initial distribution model of the coins I mean EMUs.
Will every user that joins the eMunie network receve 1 unit of emu to start with or how will the
distributed at the beginning?!

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:31:22 PM

Closed source development is the only practical way for a single dev to code something as complex as eMunie.
These 2 lines make no sense at all.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:46:54 PM

Closed source development is the only practical way for a single dev to code something as complex as eMunie.

Such a waste of a human life. Not sure what happened a couple years ago, but thats when cancer happened, and you sure aren't helping it. We are here doing things you wish you could do, doing things that are needed, and most importantly, doing things that are WANTED.

Scamcoin, premine, etc... what do you think there is to REALLY gain? I don't even see the luxury of making a scamcoin, ESPECIALLY when the very system prevents pump/dump, so please before you waste more oxygen on our planet filled with intelligent life, rtfm.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bybitcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:51:48 PM

1. eMunie will be an open source after a short period of stabilizing after the launch, the only purpose of short-period closed source is to prevent the copy-cat..
2-Pre-Mined: I would rather not call it pre-mined. eMunie in my opinion is a POS model with the extra-built-in supply-demand to ensure economic stability and also preventing bump and dump, that is the way a CURRENCY (and not a commodity) should be. Of course Without placing an initial amount of coins in the system you can't implement the POS and an uniform Demand-Supply basement above it!
3-This POS like model with a soft supplied source of new coins, is provided with a fairer distributive way of mining. It will not be a hardware-Energy hungry Asic-armed race of mining all for the same straight line of blocks 0, 1,2,3,4,5..................

If this is a kind of POS model what is the initial distribution model of the coins I mean EMUs.
Will every user that joins the eMunie network receve 1 unit of emu to start with or how will the

As I read in eMunie forum, there will be a fixed number, let's say 100K emus for initial distribution. Some small patches will be awarded to beta testers as promised, and the rest will be up for sale at a fixed price.
To get started with emu and get some, one can either buy at the early lower price, or start verifying transactions and receive interest (starters will receive what is abstractly called 0-balance interest)
Mining or better called verifying is very soft, works in multi-linear form topologically (unlike btc and all btc-derived alts with straight lined block-coin mining). Even a mobile can act as a verifying node and get emus.
wezelvis

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:53:51 PM

During development the code is closed source. The code is being tested and modified on a daily basis. There is a team of people testing eMunie, but there's only a single dev working on the code.

You open source a project:
1- if there are multiple people working on it and you need to share code
2- it's finished and you're making it available to other people

Neither of these things apply to eMunie ... Yet!
wezelvis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

The final details regarding the initial distribution method of EMU is still being worked out. There'll probably be some form of EMU pre-sale, but I think you'll hear more about that from Fuserleer very soon.

The point is eMunie is trying to create something that's cutting edge technologically, and also based on fairness for all the users. The stable price is part of that, and the pre-sale is needed to ensure there is sufficient EMU supply from day one. I'm sure most reasonable people will judge the method of initial distribution to be fair and equitable.

You'll know the full details before anything happens Smiley
Bakaboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:21:06 AM

You can phrase it however you want but you are touting this alternative currency on a Bitcoin discussion forum; Bitcoin of course being built upon with fair and open source concepts. People who join this community tend to hold similar viewpoints. Which is why historically alternative currencies which are closed source or do not have a fair start (owner keeping a hoard of the coins for themself) are shot down and 'trolled' hard.

Please don't get on your high horse to me about pump and dumps and other annoying and misused terms. You yourself are a founding member of Emunie hoping to receive Emu from Fuseleer by kissing his ass so it therefore makes yourself look rather idiotic that you try to berate me for criticising the investment potential.

Anyone and everyone is invited to join in from the start. Unlike any other "alt-coin", emunie will need funds to stabilize supply from wild swings and vultures only interested in making pump and dumps. Can you tell which one of your "fair" and "open-source" crypto coins would actually be able to achieve such a thing? Wait, you can't; because none exists. While Satoshi's intention might have not been to foster millions of dollars through pump and dumps and pyramiding, that is exactly what has happened (and is still happening). Where is the fairness in that? Emunie is trying to solve most of the problems associated with commodity type currencies or electronic currencies, as well as introducing a feature rich ecosystem. This is just the crypto side of emunie as well, this doesn't even consider the staggering potential of the network itself, something that can be easily adopted by open source projects in the future.

About kissing ass and all that baloney. So people get "rewarded" a SMALL amount of emu for investing their time in testing and development, isn't that but fair?
okiefromokc

Activity: 96

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:48:29 AM

I am going to jump in here as a program coder and systems analyst with 40 years of experience.  There are basically two methods of coding large complex application systems.

One is where a single developer has the current version of everything immediately available on his development workstation.  This is how eMunie is being developed. Thus through short iterative releases of fast prototype coding a large application is able to progress quickly into a fully integrated working application. These iterative releases are tested by a manageable group to alpha and beta testers, with immediate feedback to the developer.

The other method is where a team of programmers work together with a source archival check-in/check-out of the current source version.  Only the person with the latest version of the source can update the code or else a fork of the source versions is done and merged back together later.  This is where programmers are generally in a common location or meet regularly to collaborate together on the application.

Considering that the eMunie system will be continued to be enhanced by Fuserleer after the public launch, for at minimum of another 6 months, to add in the additional bells and whistles that he has envisioned.  Is it to much to ask that he be allowed to control the source during this time.  I think that do to the advanced innovations in the eMunie currency application that could be easily patented to protect his ideas and code, that waiting for a few months to see the actual source is a reasonable request from Fuserleer.    
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: