Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin addresses made into 58 notes tunes  (Read 931 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 12:02:17 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 10:08:31 AM by remotemass

Bitcoin addresses use 58 characters (base58) so with less than five octaves in the piano keyboard (5*12 > 58)
we have all the notes necessary to hear to bitcoin addresses tunes.
Say the first notes will be capital letters, followed by lower case letters, followed by numbers 0-9.
They will be 58 notes. so, a bit  more than a 49 notes piano keyboard.
We need to add some extra notes on left and right of a 49 keys keyboard.
What do you reckon shall be the first and last note of a 58 notes piano keyboard, then?
Once we agree on that we can just hear tunes of bitcoin addresses and see which ones are more melodic and could easily make a nice tune if we adjust with the right rythm, etc.
In ten seconds or so you could listen to a bitcoin address to have a rough idea how a tune of it would look like.

EDIT: From G2 to E7, I reckon. That is 5 notes on the left and on the right of the main four octaves (48 notes).
A-Z, a-z, 0-9. With the four characters supressed as required.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:46:41 PM

[OT warning]It could be interesting to take a backwards approach to what you're doing. I always thought it was a waste, how few applications take advantage of data transmission except by digital means, or visual codes. It could evolve into an interesting/novel Shazam-type payment application for television/radio commercials. It could be a cool tool for street musicians, too. If physical money goes the way of the dinosaur, it may be commonplace to play your address for tips. There's no reason a bundle of protocols for interpreting sound, visuals (whether bar codes, QR codes, or blinking lights), and certain smells couldn't exist. Phones already contain most required sensors and processing power to do these types of things. Maybe tomorrow, you go to the hospital and decide you want your house to smell like disinfectants and death. Hold your phone away from you and have it "sniff" for information to compare to a database of smells. Your phone would bring up an Amazon page for lemon-scented lysol for the fragrance and the death (see - still very efficient).

[Way OT warning]There are all sorts of fascinating ways to combine different data transmission techniques and procedural generation, too. Maybe you want a musical showerhead, where you select style and tempos of music (mirrored physically by velocity, volume, and speed of musical water hitting your body) by rotating the nozzle selector around. Not only would the physical water coming through the nozzle determine the music being played, but the music style and tempo you select would determine how the physical water comes out, "playing" the sensors. Don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy a bucket's worth of water in your face when The Nozzle decides it's time for a dramatic cymbal crash - and since the music is read physically, anyone can really manipulate either the algorithm itself (perhaps you put a toothpick in one faucet) or the music in real-time. Procedural music generation is still in its infancy, though... If done fantastically well, you could have a showerhead very efficiently storing 2^256 songs by only needing seeds.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4505

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:55:00 PM

you might wanna brainstorm with bips.me

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310027.msg3329112#msg3329112

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mistermint

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:18:02 PM

I was literally just going to type "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if this could be worked into something like chirp.io?"

+1000 internets to you.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 04:00:07 PM

When I used to host Writers Nights in Nashville, I had a friend that wrote The Nashville Number System. For shits and giggles, oftentimes writers would pull out random dollar bills (any denomination) and set music to the serial numbers. Many a times nothing inspiring developed, but I recall one night somebody produced a bill that the writer's got excited about, determined to write a country song incorporating the newly created melody. Don't know whatever became out of that session, but I was there to witness its beginnings.

Now, who's up to the task of setting music to DPR's wallet address, now control by the feds?

~TMIBTCITW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: