Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can miner avoid detection by Internet provider  (Read 269 times)
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:06:33 PM

In some countries where mining is declared illegal, How can miners avoid detection by Internet provider?

Johnjay06

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

VPN
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:12:53 PM

VPN
How it all works , do you have any article or instructions?
fugaz

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

VPN
How it all works , do you have any article or instructions?

http://www.lmfgtfy.com/?q=vpn
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:27:00 PM

i know how to google and what vpn software are, my question is how it is used with pools & asic miners?
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 758

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:22:08 PM

In some countries where mining is declared illegal, How can miners avoid detection by Internet provider?

I guess a simple VPN would do the trick, don't use a free one though, since they practically have access to everything you do. I'd recommend TunnelBear (The paid plans), I've used the free ones and they were solid. Basically, a VPN hides your actual IP, when you connect to the internet, firstly you connect to your ISP which enables you to access websites and so on. When using a VPN, you connect to a server run by your VPN provider.

Check out this article to find some reviews on the most known ones: https://www.lifewire.com/best-vpn-service-providers-4061659

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

I guess a simple VPN would do the trick, don't use a free one though, since they practically have access to everything you do. I'd recommend TunnelBear (The paid plans), I've used the free ones and they were solid. Basically, a VPN hides your actual IP, when you connect to the internet, firstly you connect to your ISP which enables you to access websites and so on. When using a VPN, you connect to a server run by your VPN provider.

Check out this article to find some reviews on the most known ones: https://www.lifewire.com/best-vpn-service-providers-4061659

Thank you, i understand how vpn works on a pc, but i am confused how will it work with a asic miner, can you guide me how to use it with asic miners ?
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:47:14 PM

Thank you, i understand how vpn works on a pc, but i am confused how will it work with a asic miner, can you guide me how to use it with asic miners ?
You setup your vpn client on your router hardware/software and use that piece of hardware to let your asics on internet.
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 09:25:26 PM

It is necessary to understand that if you are trying to hide from authorities, then simple VPN is very easily requested by authorities and the real users are identified. So investigate this the topic in more detail.

djquiz

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:35:18 PM

U can use Mullvad Vpn. Doesn't keep logs.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:16:33 AM

yeah using a VPN, I recommend using Tor Guard or PrivateInternetAccess (PIA). I have used one year both work well.

TorGuard: https://torguard.net/

PIA: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDW_5q1CwG7zRLg2aNexeXLvwqhofaGyauQ0ebCZDomDpHn4YJ5NufBoCkrYQAvD_BwE

bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

Thanks to all of you for your tip to help me understanding how it works. Yes the purpose is to hide from authorities as they dont allow mining. I would prefer using a VPN which 100% hide from authorities. I will check Mullvad vpn, Tor Guard and PrivateInternet Access
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:48:39 AM

Thanks to all of you for your tip to help me understanding how it works. Yes the purpose is to hide from authorities as they dont allow mining. I would prefer using a VPN which 100% hide from authorities. I will check Mullvad vpn, Tor Guard and PrivateInternet Access

you're welcome mate  Grin

bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:30:45 AM

Hey Edward did you use both with Antminer? If yes can you share with me your experience and how you verified it is undetected?
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Hey Edward did you use both with Antminer? If yes can you share with me your experience and how you verified it is undetected?

I use Nord VPN, no logs, no strings to the EU or the USA, since they are on the Bahama's.
When using a VPN, take a paid 1, that way you will still have enough speed, since latecy gets important when the connection gets to slow.

Nord VPN also has applets for routers, you load it, and you are behind a VPN with all your devices.
You also could make 1 with a Raspberry Pi, very easy, just Google it Smiley
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

I use Nord VPN, no logs, no strings to the EU or the USA, since they are on the Bahama's.
When using a VPN, take a paid 1, that way you will still have enough speed, since latecy gets important when the connection gets to slow.

Nord VPN also has applets for routers, you load it, and you are behind a VPN with all your devices.
You also could make 1 with a Raspberry Pi, very easy, just Google it Smiley

Thank you. Smiley i will learn alot from you guys.
Have you used it for mining or just general purpose?
In mining does it cause any loss in mining revenue?
Is DNS also secured as majority mining pools use domain name.
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:54:57 AM

We have a download Ban in the Netherlands, I use it for Bittorrent hehehe
I tried it with mining, had it running for 12 hours and didn't have any less shares, but be wise which VPN you use, as said before, take a paid 1, no logs and no strings to the EU or the USA.
Maybe it costs you 3 dollar a month, it is realy worth the money Wink
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:07:21 AM

We have a download Ban in the Netherlands, I use it for Bittorrent hehehe
I tried it with mining, had it running for 12 hours and didn't have any less shares, but be wise which VPN you use, as said before, take a paid 1, no logs and no strings to the EU or the USA.
Maybe it costs you 3 dollar a month, it is realy worth the money Wink

Yes i got it and appreciate your guidance. Thanks.
MagicSmoker

Merit: 182

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:00:31 PM

yeah using a VPN, I recommend using Tor Guard or PrivateInternetAccess (PIA). I have used one year both work well.

TorGuard: https://torguard.net/

PIA: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDW_5q1CwG7zRLg2aNexeXLvwqhofaGyauQ0ebCZDomDpHn4YJ5NufBoCkrYQAvD_BwE

PIA seems to overlap with TorGuard, or am I missing something here?

EDIT - unlike the OP, I'm not worried about the government, but I have had two attempts - that I know of - to redirect my miners to another wallet, and I am strongly considering a VPN for that reason as well as just the general creepiness with Google and Amazon following me everywhere I go and then serving up ads/product recommendations based on such. That just creeps me the fuck out, really, and makes me even less inclined to buy whatever they are selling, but I digress....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: