Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to thank MtGox for making us rich  (Read 827 times)
wopwop (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

By cutting away the ability to withdraw significant amounts of real money from MtGox, they have basicly singlehandedly caused the current spike up price making us all rich as fuck

This topic is an appreciation and way to thank MtGox and Mark Karpeles for being one of the most inspiring and intelligent people of Bitcoin

THANK YOU FOR MAKING US RICH, MTGOX Grin
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:52:02 PM

You should thank China for the current exchange rates, not MtGox. Wink
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:55:33 PM

And....

* The infrastructure going up all over the world right now supporting this technology.  
* The tens of thousands of business now accepting Bitcoin as a payment option.  
* The international conferences dedicated to building a decentralized peer to peer banking system for the first time in human history.  
* The undoing of the central banking system.  
* The greed and absurd fees of Visa and Mastercard.  
* The failure of the US Congress to get its sh*t together.  
* The subsequent raising of the debt ceiling.  
* The ability to transfer money anywhere in the world instantly, free of charge.  And (wait for it...)
* The ultimate goal to bring free bank accounts held on the most basic smartphones, to 6 billion human beings who can't currently hold or transact money, in the farest reaches of Africa and beyond.

Bitcoins' value is much, much, much more than the buying and selling happening on the markets.  And people are finally starting to realize that.

You're rich, because you had the foresight to see all of this before everyone else.  

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:21:06 PM

So the logic is that people are pouring USD into bitstamp and Yuan into chinese exchanges because MtGox isn't paying?

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:25:18 PM

Thank Roger Ver for getting the ball rolling by sparking interest in Chinese electronics exporters to accept Bitcoins instead of Dollars.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM

Thank Roger Ver for getting the ball rolling by sparking interest in Chinese electronics exporters to accept Bitcoins instead of Dollars.

Way to go Ver!

~BCX~
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:27:03 PM

I would like to thank Pay-Pal and Visa for not allowing me to use their money* to support a cause I believed to be a healthy one for my country.  Wikileaks.  Without that action, I would not have heard of Bitcoin for a longer time.

(*) Just like with a traditional on-line wallet, when one transfers money to a bank, it becomes the bank's money.  Not yours.  Similarly, Visa and crew use their money to on a customer's behalf then get it back later (even if one floats a positive balance as I do.)  Society and these institutions perpetuate the myth that a user's account contains the user's money.  It is a lie, just as it is with most Bitcoin on-line wallet services, exchanges, etc.  blockchain.info and related well designed wallet services are a theoretical exception in my mind due to their supposed lack of control over the funds made possible by client-side crypto.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: