Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system and Forum rank  (Read 242 times)
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 08:36:32 AM

There was no merit system in this forum. Now merit system is added to improve post quality.
I have some problems
01. How merit was taking the higher rank people.
02. Some can sell merit for other

Selling merit is not improve the quality of the post in the forum. I think the forum can add followers, like or vote system to increase the user's post quality
Then automatically followers or vote count will increase the rank of the forum.

Appreciate the pro members ideas and opinions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:53:40 AM

I am not sure if I understand your first question, but the second one is a genuine and known concern. I assume selling merit will result in negative trust feedback, but it will probably not result in users losing their rank.

If you are asking on how did the merit system affect higher rank users, well, it depends.
Legendary members are obviously not affected by this in a negative way at all, since they can't rank up anyway.
As for Hero and Senior members, they got some merit in the begging, but it made it very very hard for them to rank up further.

Closer you were to ranking up, more negatively did the merit system impact you.
If you were a week or two away from ranking up, like I was, then a sudden requirement of needing 150 merits slowed down your ranking up a lot.
I was lucky to get the merits I did, but I still haven't ranked up since the merit system was introduced.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:56:11 PM

There was no merit system in this forum. Now merit system is added to improve post quality.
I have some problems
01. How merit was taking the higher rank people.
02. Some can sell merit for other

Selling merit is not improve the quality of the post in the forum. I think the forum can add followers, like or vote system to increase the user's post quality
Then automatically followers or vote count will increase the rank of the forum.

Appreciate the pro members ideas and opinions.

Oh man, there are a lot merit related topics on forum, just learn how to use search. And sure it is not a serous discussion.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

I am not sure if I understand your first question, but the second one is a genuine and known concern. I assume selling merit will result in negative trust feedback, but it will probably not result in users losing their rank.

If you are asking on how did the merit system affect higher rank users, well, it depends.
Legendary members are obviously not affected by this in a negative way at all, since they can't rank up anyway.
As for Hero and Senior members, they got some merit in the begging, but it made it very very hard for them to rank up further.

Closer you were to ranking up, more negatively did the merit system impact you.
If you were a week or two away from ranking up, like I was, then a sudden requirement of needing 150 merits slowed down your ranking up a lot.
I was lucky to get the merits I did, but I still haven't ranked up since the merit system was introduced.

Merit selling can only result in a very limited harm. I have discussed this before:

a) You can possibly sell you initial merit. This is just a little amount and once it is gone you can only get it from a merit source. Thus, the damage is limited.

b) The remaining option is to buy from a merit source. This could only be done in limited manner, as the merit given by sources is public and, eventually, forum members would discover it (post of low quality merited, too much merit to the same users, etc.)

So, the system is not perfect, but is not that bad.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 11:22:43 AM

Please move this thread over to the meta section. It is not a topic for serious discussion. There is a move link at the bottom left of the thread.

If the OP isn't able to move the thread, then I will have to put him on ignore to grey out the thread title in the index.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:19:56 AM

The buying-selling problem is one of the weaknesses of the system. As a libertarian, I'd say there will always be weaknesses in any system. For every rule you invent, 10 ways of avoiding it will be invented. Humans are smarter than the system, you know. Cool

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 09:04:03 AM

What is this merit thing? Are there any threads about it? Smiley

Is there scope for any serious topic about merit after all the spam?

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:31:56 PM

What is this merit thing? Are there any threads about it? Smiley

Is there scope for any serious topic about merit after all the spam?
Why not using Forum Search before asking, my friend?

If you really want to know how to search, here you go:
[Tips] Guide for forum search
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: