Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:38:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA IS CENTRALIZED  (Read 119 times)
luchins (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:25:39 AM

I have  red  a lot of  FUD  about  IOTA.

They say that  it  is  centralized, that  it  is  vulnerable  to hacks  and  depends on  coordinators.

PLease  can you try to explain where is  the truth?

I have red that  IOTA is centralized  now,  but the  more  the  network will grown,  the  less  centralized it will become. 

I wanted  to ask you this question:

if there  are  no incentives  to protect the network ,  and  a lot  of incentives to attack the network--  how could   be  IOTA secure  from  hackers  and  malicious attackers?

Second question:  Why  there  is  this  general belief  that  the  IOTA  team  will never deliver  and  they don't  know ''what they are doing''? (belief)

Third  question: What  was that  FUD  in December  about  a  ''Fake''  Microsoft partnership?   Was it  FUD  or  a  misleading  to increase the price?

It  would be  appreciated  if you could  answer to those  question,  IOTA holders.  Thank you.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

https://hackernoon.com/iota-why-the-fud-makes-sense-82a2f1dc38d5 Most of it's covered here--though you can find an answer to each specific piece of FUD if you google.

Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:31:47 PM

I have  red  a lot of  FUD  about  IOTA.

They say that  it  is  centralized, that  it  is  vulnerable  to hacks  and  depends on  coordinators.

PLease  can you try to explain where is  the truth?

I have red that  IOTA is centralized  now,  but the  more  the  network will grown,  the  less  centralized it will become. 

I wanted  to ask you this question:

if there  are  no incentives  to protect the network ,  and  a lot  of incentives to attack the network--  how could   be  IOTA secure  from  hackers  and  malicious attackers?

Second question:  Why  there  is  this  general belief  that  the  IOTA  team  will never deliver  and  they don't  know ''what they are doing''? (belief)

Third  question: What  was that  FUD  in December  about  a  ''Fake''  Microsoft partnership?   Was it  FUD  or  a  misleading  to increase the price?

It  would be  appreciated  if you could  answer to those  question,  IOTA holders.  Thank you.

Iota have a real problem and low security
the second of problems it s a low of witnesses(1(?) vs 12 from Byteball)

about Microsoft partnership, are u about that?
"CONNAX, which is currently developing its IoT solution with its partners Microsoft Azure IoT Hub, Circular Devices and iLEDea, provides a reliable technology platform which enables secure mass deployment and configuration of connected devices. The generated private key on the Byteball DAG platform will remain within the trusted area of secure microcontroller and will never leave the security contour."

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:01:12 PM

Um, yes, IOTA is centralized. Let me put it this way. If a coin is launched with an ICO, then you bet it is centralized, despite what the developers will want you to think. Of course, I think there are some that have in their roadmaps a way to eventually decentralize, but then that's a roundabout way to do things to me. But I suppose it was unavoidable. Even Satoshi had to decide and even mine on his own at one point. And then he left. And natural order happened. So,,, your point does not have a point maybe?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 01:20:41 PM

Um, yes, IOTA is centralized. Let me put it this way. If a coin is launched with an ICO, then you bet it is centralized, despite what the developers will want you to think. Of course, I think there are some that have in their roadmaps a way to eventually decentralize, but then that's a roundabout way to do things to me. But I suppose it was unavoidable. Even Satoshi had to decide and even mine on his own at one point. And then he left. And natural order happened. So,,, your point does not have a point maybe?

It wasn't a choice against decentralization or a roundabout way to get there, it was a solution to an inherent problem in DAGs. Until there is enough tx, the network is especially vulnerable to attacks, so the coordinator serves as a protection. The devs have stated over and over that it will be opensourced, and when they feel the network is large enough, they will remove it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: