Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google wants to tell you what you want on the Internet  (Read 1266 times)
TheGer (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Google Offers To Re-Write Your Webpages On The Fly

"Page Speed Service is the latest tool in Google’s arsenal to help speed up the web. This service is also their most ambitious yet. When you sign up and point your site’s DNS entry to Google, they’ll enable the tool which will fetch your content from your servers, rewrite your webpages, and serve them up from Google’s own servers around the world. Yes, you read all of that correctly."

http://cryptogon.com/?p=23786

Just like Mainstream Media filters the information we receive, it sounds like Google wants to filter the content you are looking for too.  This couldn't possibly be used for anything nefarious....  Could it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ansible adams

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:24:22 PM

Google Offers To Re-Write Your Webpages On The Fly

"Page Speed Service is the latest tool in Google’s arsenal to help speed up the web. This service is also their most ambitious yet. When you sign up and point your site’s DNS entry to Google, they’ll enable the tool which will fetch your content from your servers, rewrite your webpages, and serve them up from Google’s own servers around the world. Yes, you read all of that correctly."

http://cryptogon.com/?p=23786

Just like Mainstream Media filters the information we receive, it sounds like Google wants to filter the content you are looking for too.  This couldn't possibly be used for anything nefarious....  Could it?

This requires the explicit cooperation and opt-in of web site operators, since they control the DNS entries. Web site operators can tell if Google is doing anything other than technical optimization, just by comparing the version served from Google and the original. If Google starts altering or filtering visible content the operators can just switch the DNS entries back.
TheGer (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:37:57 PM

Unless ofcourse you're on Internet 2 and they can kick your webpage off their network(since it will be a privatized tier service).
ansible adams

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:27:47 PM

What are you talking about? Who is the "they" that will kick you off Internet2? Have you even joined Internet2 in the first place? Internet2 is a specialized research network. Most people are never going to publish or read content over Internet2 in the first place.

Edit: I see this idea is popular among the Alex Jones lunatic crowd. Your other posts make a lot more sense in light of it.
TheGer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:50:49 AM

^^^ Government Troll Exposed!!  Alert Alert lol

Who is Alex Jones?  Do tell.
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 06:06:10 AM

Take your tinfoil hat off for a moment and think about this logically. Google want to know who is viewing what so that they can better target their adverts and profile web users, they've calculated that the cost of bandwidth is less than the worth of this data. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by actually filtering the web.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 09:03:51 AM

Simple question. Where did Google get its start up cash from? Anyone heard of InQtel before? A "two tiered" internet is not some futuristic dystopian tale, it is reality right now. ISPs are already throttling network traffic they arbitrarily define as illegitimate, as well as actively blocking web content that is 100% legal, but politically or economically inconvenient. They will continue to exert more control over the internet and your ability to use it freely and privately. All one has to do is look at Google's recent decision to force YouTube users to attach a phone number to their account, forcing them to choose between privacy, and often months or years worth of work developing a profile. The pattern is clear, tempt you with free services, make you dependent on them, then extort information or cash once the market is controlled. This isn't conspiracy, it is corporate strategy.
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 09:46:11 AM

Edit: I see this idea is popular among the Alex Jones lunatic crowd. Your other posts make a lot more sense in light of it.

And from what kool-aid dispensary do you get your news from? There is more truth (and some crazy stuff I'll admit) on the Alex Jones show than on the MSM.

Simple question. Where did Google get its start up cash from? Anyone heard of InQtel before? A "two tiered" internet is not some futuristic dystopian tale, it is reality right now. ISPs are already throttling network traffic they arbitrarily define as illegitimate, as well as actively blocking web content that is 100% legal, but politically or economically inconvenient. They will continue to exert more control over the internet and your ability to use it freely and privately. All one has to do is look at Google's recent decision to force YouTube users to attach a phone number to their account, forcing them to choose between privacy, and often months or years worth of work developing a profile. The pattern is clear, tempt you with free services, make you dependent on them, then extort information or cash once the market is controlled. This isn't conspiracy, it is corporate strategy.

InQtel are the same guys who summoned Gavin to explain bitcoin to them. Whenever they see a potentially revolutionary technology they try to subvert it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitplane

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 01:20:53 PM

Simple question. Where did Google get its start up cash from?
[citation-needed], it was Andy Bechtolsheim, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Sequoia Capital

as well as actively blocking web content that is 100% legal, but politically or economically inconvenient.
[citation-needed]

All one has to do is look at Google's recent decision to force YouTube users to attach a phone number to their account
[citation-needed]

The pattern is clear, tempt you with free services, make you dependent on them, then extort information or cash once the market is controlled. This isn't conspiracy, it is corporate strategy.
Conclusion appears to be valid, but your rant leading up to it is complete bullshit.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:33:59 PM

Google already 'tells you what you want' when you use their 'artificial stupidity' search engine.

It's constantly displaying search results for things you didn't actually ask for. I like my search strings kept literal thanks, not littered with a thousand different synonyms. eg. search for 'lump vs bump' and it shows results for 'lump or bump' instead. fuck you google.

Such artificial stupidity like that has finally led me to use bing more often. Now all I need is a beard and sandals.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 01:35:26 PM

Simple question. Where did Google get its start up cash from?
[citation-needed], it was Andy Bechtolsheim, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Sequoia Capital

as well as actively blocking web content that is 100% legal, but politically or economically inconvenient.
[citation-needed]

All one has to do is look at Google's recent decision to force YouTube users to attach a phone number to their account
[citation-needed]

The pattern is clear, tempt you with free services, make you dependent on them, then extort information or cash once the market is controlled. This isn't conspiracy, it is corporate strategy.
Conclusion appears to be valid, but your rant leading up to it is complete bullshit.
I love all these wannabe experts now days on every topic imaginable that think deconstructing some ones argument some how gives them authority on the subject. We all know you are very discerning, good for you. Now that you are done masturbating your ego, try using your favorite search engine google to verify what I said for yourself like a big boy, because frankly I don't care how convinced you are. I am simply sharing information.
bitplane

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 01:57:40 PM

I love all these wannabe experts now days on every topic imaginable that think deconstructing some ones argument some how gives them authority on the subject. We all know you are very discerning, good for you. Now that you are done masturbating your ego, try using your favorite search engine google to verify what I said for yourself like a big boy, because frankly I don't care how convinced you are. I am simply sharing information.
I have no authority on the subject, it just angers me when people make stuff up as they go along. You might be able to get away with it offline where your circle of small-minded friends circle-jerk over what you believe the government/corporate/illuminati/alien [delete as applicable] agenda to be, but out here on the public Internet you'll need concrete facts to back up any claims that you make.

I just focusing on the easy two: there's no evidence that Google were funded by In-Q-Tel, there's no evidence that Google have forced users to add a mobile phone number (my account doesn't have one). You were unable to provide evidence when challenged.

Therefore IMO, any facts you spout are likely to be not checked at all, any opinions you hold based on bullshit, and any crap that pours forth from your keyboard is best ignored.

/thread
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:14:58 PM

See, if you would have simply asked for a source that would have been different. You started with a conclusion (what I posted is "bullshit"), and then placed various personal attacks and assumptions around it (also known as confirmation bias). Clearly you are here to attack and reassure yourself of your current beliefs. I just wouldn't feel right having a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Not to mention I have things I would much rather be doing than arguing with you, like putting my balls in a blender...
TheGer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:33:50 PM

I can provide the best evidence in the world.  My own fucking eyes.  I had to help my boss setup up a Google account for himself and they made him give a cell number so he could get some activation code for his account.  Same thing with Microsoft.  Out of the blue one day I had to reactivate my years old Hotmail Account cause of some bullshit reason.  I could only do it by cell phone to receive a text message for reactivation. 

A simple search of the fucking internet would show you numbers of people went through the same bullshit with Google and Hotmail, as well as business dealings between the CIA and Google.  Wake the fuck up Troll.

I have no authority on the subject, it just angers me when people make stuff up as they go along. You might be able to get away with it offline where your circle of small-minded friends circle-jerk over what you believe the government/corporate/illuminati/alien [delete as applicable] agenda to be, but out here on the public Internet you'll need concrete facts to back up any claims that you make.

I just focusing on the easy two: there's no evidence that Google were funded by In-Q-Tel, there's no evidence that Google have forced users to add a mobile phone number (my account doesn't have one). You were unable to provide evidence when challenged.

Therefore IMO, any facts you spout are likely to be not checked at all, any opinions you hold based on bullshit, and any crap that pours forth from your keyboard is best ignored.

/thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: