Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Land Rush  (Read 6619 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:49:05 PM

See first post. You'll have to wait a day now:

I strongly urge you guys to get an invite now for flexcoin because when the invite system is off we're going to stop accepting new registrations for roughly a day.
Don't you think something other than a 404 page would make sense?

Buy & Hold
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 10:29:58 PM

LOL you're right..  I literally deleted the page as compared to editing it saying invites are over..   I took your advice however and did republish the page with a note saying the invite process is over.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
gizmo256

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:40:12 PM

shouldn't the Bitcoin system stay decentralized ?   Huh
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:43:29 PM

shouldn't the Bitcoin system stay decentralized ?   Huh

There could be dozens of sites doing similar services. And should be. But someone has to be first.
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:24:43 PM

Now why the **** do I need an invite to register and why the **** can't you make the registration page only available to people with invites!

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
riush

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Seriously, when asked
Could you give us as much info as possible on all your security measures?
and
We had it audited by a bank auditing company.  It exceeds banking compliance standards.
you can't do better than
Everything is encrypted with high grade encryption, salted.. etc etc..  Comodo "green bar" SSL, firewalled...
and
oh Trust me...
Huh

1MKKiJhUJgqKyfCLeo7bB1bvELNEM8wUbz
cepler

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 11:41:44 PM

Seriously, when asked
Could you give us as much info as possible on all your security measures?
and
We had it audited by a bank auditing company.  It exceeds banking compliance standards.
you can't do better than
Everything is encrypted with high grade encryption, salted.. etc etc..  Comodo "green bar" SSL, firewalled...
and
oh Trust me...
Huh

+42

BTW: PCI Compliance is a complete crock of dog poop.  There is no standard testing procedure and the tests performed are often outdated and crazy picky about some things while compeltely ignoring other important things.  It's all a sham to make money and worse than TSA's security theater at the airport.  Website disappears with a 404 error because they deleted the page??  Not confidence inspiring.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 11:47:34 PM

Everything is encrypted with high grade encryption, salted.. etc etc..  Comodo "green bar" SSL, firewalled...  We had it audited by a bank auditing company.  It exceeds banking compliance standards. The main site is just a standard http .. the banking area (on a differing server cluster) goes to the secure system.

and then I found this from the signup page...

password must be 6-12 characters
Are you kidding me? You are limiting passwords to 12 characters? And you consider this sufficient security? Sounds to me like you're storing the passwords in plaintext.

Buy & Hold
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:59:48 PM

Are you kidding me? You are limiting passwords to 12 characters? And you consider this sufficient security? Sounds to me like you're storing the passwords in plaintext.

No, it's encrypted.. and B:  we were thinking that people might one day want to use it for their mobile phones...  so I have no idea what kind of phone you use.. but I'd rather not type in a 30 character password.

Look,  I know many of you got goxed .. hence why you're asking the questions you are.. and RIGHTFULLY so...  but storing crap in clear text?  That one takes the cake... but I am sure I can out do you.   

See actually we have a billboard on I-95 and we display the passwords in real time outside of Philadelphia.   

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:03:09 AM

I notice you are claiming to be a bank. Are you really, legally a bank? I don't see anything on your site to indicate that you are...

I'd like to see a page of legal speak which at least seems to indicate you know what you're doing and won't be shut down by the government for claiming to be a bank when you are not legally a bank.

At this point, you look like some guys who don't have a clue about the legal environment of banking and just decided to 'open a bank' as a business. If that is not the case, you really should have some more information available to indicate that.

cepler

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:09:15 AM

12 character limitation on passwords?!!?  I think my library has better password abilities...  Do you have any form of one time password abilities for 2 factor authentication?

I use password management, most of my passwords are 30-60+ characters of random crap.  And as for how I manage that on my phone, I have my encrypted password database on there so it's just a passphrase away from being entered.
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:18:51 AM

I notice you are claiming to be a bank. Are you really, legally a bank? I don't see anything on your site to indicate that you are...

I'd like to see a page of legal speak which at least seems to indicate you know what you're doing and won't be shut down by the government for claiming to be a bank when you are not legally a bank.

At this point, you look like some guys who don't have a clue about the legal environment of banking and just decided to 'open a bank' as a business. If that is not the case, you really should have some more information available to indicate that.

yep we're the first bitcoin bank...  now I am not sure where to find the legal documents in Washington surrounding a bitcoin bank.   Honestly if you can find that let me know.   

the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:22:13 AM

you can't do better than

Seriously?   What do you want a map of the schematics?     

Yes it's encrypted,  yes it's SSL ...  what else seriously do you want to know?   Want me to start listing ports closed on the firewall?   

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:23:51 AM

No, it's encrypted.. and B:  we were thinking that people might one day want to use it for their mobile phones...  so I have no idea what kind of phone you use.. but I'd rather not type in a 30 character password.

Look,  I know many of you got goxed .. hence why you're asking the questions you are.. and RIGHTFULLY so...  but storing crap in clear text?  That one takes the cake... but I am sure I can out do you.    

See actually we have a billboard on I-95 and we display the passwords in real time outside of Philadelphia.    

That's an excellent idea. You took a page right out of LifeLock's marketing book.

randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:24:24 AM

Do the accounts get locked after a few invalid login attempts (to fix the weak password issue)?
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:25:04 AM

No, it's encrypted.. and B:  we were thinking that people might one day want to use it for their mobile phones...  so I have no idea what kind of phone you use.. but I'd rather not type in a 30 character password.
Really? Because you don't want to type in a long password on your state-of-the-art Motorola RAZR, you are putting every customer's account at risk. Keep your own password at 'abcdef', but don't prevent the rest of us from entering real passwords.

Buy & Hold
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:26:33 AM

Really? Because you don't want to type in a long password on your state-of-the-art Motorola RAZR, you are putting every customer's account at risk. Keep your own password at 'abcdef', but don't prevent the rest of us from entering real passwords.

ok Syke..  I'll increase it before it goes public live (not just invite)  that would be Monday.

the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:27:34 AM

That's an excellent idea. You took a page right out of LifeLock's marketing book.

HA!!!  google his social security number...   You'll see Tribbleagency.com #1 . ..     I love being good at SEO as it's my blog.   He's been a victim of identity theft at least a dozen times since running that campaign!

fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:28:37 AM

Just requested one... Haven't read much about flexcoin yet but what ensures it's security over any other escrow service?

Everything is encrypted with high grade encryption, salted.. etc etc..  Comodo "green bar" SSL, firewalled...  We had it audited by a bank auditing company.  It exceeds banking compliance standards. The main site is just a standard http .. the banking area (on a differing server cluster) goes to the secure system.

Is it foolproof?  No.

Many of you guys know the only "100% secure  system" is one that is physically unplugged and turned off...   and like any website on earth it can be brought down by DDOS attack....   but it does exceed what many would consider "normal security" or even "high grade security".  

I threw the entire weight of my company,  Yooter InterActive Marketing ( http://www.yooter.com )  into it... we normally do design, SEO for fortune 100 firms.    It's most likely the first corporate backed bitcoin startup.

As a beginner in the Security Field I have to voice concern over the cap on characters I can use as a password. This is seriously flawed.

Also, looks like I am not the only one. >_>

the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:30:19 AM

As a beginner in the Security Field I have to voice concern over the cap on characters I can use as a password. This is seriously flawed.

Also, looks like I am not the only one. >_>

As I stated,  I listened to you guys and it will be increased before Monday's open launch.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: