Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will Bitcoin Reach $1000??  (Read 19636 times)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:01:23 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 04:23:35 PM by ANiceJewishBoy

It is no longer a question of "if" but "when" this will happen. Of course we will see multiple stabilizations as well as price dips and surges, but over-all the trend will be up and coins WILL hit $1000 ea.

Review these threads for more information
Will Bitcoin Hit $200? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255175.0;topicseen
Will Bitcoin Hit $300? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318308.0;topicseen
Will Bitcoin Hit $1000? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242160.0

I'm guessing 1 year. The placement of more ATMs as well as multiple companies deciding to create their own alt-coins, the Bitcoin world is going to see some demand for coins soon like never before.

Edit:
Christmas tip
http://app.gyft.com
This link is a place that sells Gift Cards for Bitcoin. Amazon is included, so you can buy almost anything with Bitcoin via Amazon.
And you can get the app on your phone then get something like a Burger King gift card and walk into burger king and use it.

and, outline of the future:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321086.0

Everyone, PLEASE join in this, we can make Bitcoin hit $1,000 by April
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329422.0
Bitconorama

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Just trust me.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:09:10 PM

December 21, 2013. Any other questions?
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Why?
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:19:58 PM

Tons of writers will be coming to Bitcoin this month too, instead of just new people with good computers and aggressive hardware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdn0OU4JrsU
Bitconorama

Just trust me.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:30:54 PM

Why?

I was really being a facetious ass. A random answer to an unanswerable question. I understand, and I like the debate, but this is an argument that has very little to no solid basis for picking any expectations. You mention that this is really a matter of "when" rather than "if". If we're to consider all things objectionably, it could never hit $1k, and there's many ways such a result could come to be. I don't expect that scenario, but all that can really be discussed are likelihoods. Probabilities. Within a month, a worldwide retailer could announce they will accept Btc as a currency and there's excellent chances that within 5 days, we could be facing a Btc price well in excess of $1k. If tomorrow, a daisy chain of negative legislative rulings sweep from country to country across the globe, we could see prices fall back below $50. Unless someone has a very exclusive insight and is aware of a blockbuster news event, we're snatching dates and timeframes out of the air.

All that bullshit aside, I'm expecting we could see Btc hit four figures as soon as early as Q2 2014.
Bitconorama

Just trust me.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:47:54 PM

Tons of writers will be coming to Bitcoin this month too, instead of just new people with good computers and aggressive hardware.

And publicity is absolutely going to impact the price of our beloved. However, one thing that can't be forgotten is that Btc is still full of speculators - people looking to make money out of this currency/asset more-so than they believe in the nature and potential of the coin itself.

Many would say that the Chinese are known for their inclinations to save and store wealth. With this surge of new money, how many are really aware of what Btc really is? Or has the media train simply stopped and loaded up on passengers on its way to moneytown. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but what you need to keep in mind is that it also likely has the side effect of a ripple effect as the price of the coin grows. We'll likely see a bouncing trend, price hits $400, buyers that jumped on at $200 realize they've doubled their money and sell some, thus lowering price; new buyers and Btc Believers see a good price of Btc now at $250 and we ride up to $500, now some see their money doubled while some see their money has tripled - again, some sell and lower the price. Again, all this is completely independent of groundbreaking news -> leading to higher and faster surges.

..in the end, I do believe you are right that we'll hit $1K, and I'll even say we'll likely do it much sooner than many people could ever expect.
Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:00:34 PM

I like this video - even it seems to be completely senseless:
Bitcoin's Market Value Is About To Go Astronomical
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:02:03 PM

oy vey to the moon.

But seriously, I think some time next spring. Reckon it will slow down a bit, a few small crashes but an overall trend upwards and once the big boys get involved shes gonna skyrocket.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:25:20 PM

Why?

I was really being a facetious ass. A random answer to an unanswerable question. I understand, and I like the debate, but this is an argument that has very little to no solid basis for picking any expectations. You mention that this is really a matter of "when" rather than "if". If we're to consider all things objectionably, it could never hit $1k, and there's many ways such a result could come to be. I don't expect that scenario, but all that can really be discussed are likelihoods. Probabilities. Within a month, a worldwide retailer could announce they will accept Btc as a currency and there's excellent chances that within 5 days, we could be facing a Btc price well in excess of $1k. If tomorrow, a daisy chain of negative legislative rulings sweep from country to country across the globe, we could see prices fall back below $50. Unless someone has a very exclusive insight and is aware of a blockbuster news event, we're snatching dates and timeframes out of the air.

All that bullshit aside, I'm expecting we could see Btc hit four figures as soon as early as Q2 2014.

I really doubt legislation would stop people from using bitcoin, if anything making them illegal would raise the price.

So either way it looks like it's going to get to $1000 eventually.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:33:00 PM

2014 I guess. It has to crash at some point!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bitconorama

Just trust me.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:33:37 PM

Why?

I really doubt legislation would stop people from using bitcoin, if anything making them illegal would raise the price.

Yep, not disagreeing with an eventual $1k price valuation. Though, I never said legislation would stop people from using Btc. Btc is here to stay ..unless something is discovered that actually breaks the protocol or another crypto gives reason enough to use it instead.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:43:18 PM

Why?

Yep, not disagreeing with an eventual $1k price valuation. Though, I never said legislation would stop people from using Btc. Btc is here to stay ..unless something is discovered that actually breaks the protocol or another crypto gives reason enough to use it instead.

There is the possibility of another coin taking its place, but I feel like Bitcoin will remain the coin standard unless a large credit or banking institution starts a coin before everyone starts using btc.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

Nah.  It's pretty much the Chinese.  The BTC exchange, BTCchina is handling more than 33% of the current trades now, rising quickly day by day.
I predict probably in less than 1 year, hopefully Smiley
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:46:10 PM

Nah.  It's pretty much the Chinese.  The BTC exchange, BTCchina is handling more than 33% of the current trades now, rising quickly day by day.
I predict probably in less than 1 year, hopefully Smiley

I would love to be proven wrong and see it happen in like 6 months, that would be awesome.
inform

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:06:56 PM

also think same
MR2

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:22:41 PM

At some point ppl either decide that this is a actual usable thing in daily live or it has some distinct real value in different illegal zones.

If neither happens, BTC has the potential to be worthless from one hour to the another - it's just that risky.

But BTC got a real good buzz, which is of some good value.

Let's see .. it is still possible, that ppl lose faith or interest in that sort of things.

How many people has lost big amounts of cash so far? This is of big concern because it relates directly into faith into Cryptos.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:26:05 PM

also think same
Just wait for a 10 000 dump.
10 000 x 300 = $3 000 000
The market won't be able to support that.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:31:12 PM

Love everybodies take on this!! Of course its all speculation no matter what you think, so no need to flame each other. I do think it will hit 1000.00 easy under a year from now, I also beleive there will be another selloff that will cause a huge drop again like after the 242.00 in April or whenever that was. We need transactions to happen not the Chinese hoarding them like pokemon cards! This huge buy up by them is fueling the raise in price obviously but when that hype is done and all those coins are dormant in a bitcoin wallet it doesnt help in my opinion. If they arent being spent it defeats the damn purpose of them, I kind of hate how people are using it as a stock investment. Not saying its wrong but in the long run its not a good thing when we want BTC to be a fully functioning payment and not a stock. When large amounts are held by any person or entity thats when the bullcrap happens.....example - what if Bill Gates bought up every available BTC tomorrow then put them in a wallet and tossed it in the ocean?? I know the results could be a million different scenarios but most of the possible outcomes arent too awesome, unless you think the remaining coins would be worth a million a piece which is not realistic. Just my opinion, I dont know for sure, none of us do or wed all be loaded right now. Cheers guys!

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:34:15 PM

Before christmas dude, for i buy christmas presents with a sell of my btc's Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:36:12 PM

Before christmas dude, for i buy christmas presents with a sell of my btc's Cheesy
Nah, that's too early.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: