Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will Bitcoin Reach $1000??  (Read 19636 times)
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:13:27 AM

My 2 satoshis: Bitcoin could hit $1000 by the end of this year, if Chinese investors keep pumping in more money at the pace that's been going on for the past few weeks. More realistically, though, we'll end this year somewhere $500 to $800, then probably correct down to $400-$500 for a couple months and build a base, and then reach $1000 in another major upswing by mid 2014. If the Winklevoss ETF is approved, that should propel bitcoin into the thousands.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:59:53 AM

In 6 months .

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:05:31 AM

LOL

You don't think that multiple world wide events being mixed with Bitcoin sales will bring in money? That's a weird stance to take.
Random people with average small salaries? No.
Get a team of neurosurgeons on board (if we disregard investors), then we can talk.

Did you not look at what the event was?

It's not for the people invited to add money. It's to gain public recognition for Bitcoin. It will bring MORE than the value of ONE team of neurosurgeons.
Abraxas601

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:28:06 PM

A rise to $1000 over the next year would be nice.  Any quicker and I would be concerned about a sudden an brutal "snapping" effect as the rubber band shoots back in my face.

The real question for me is, should I hoard or should I sell?

Since I do the bitcoin thing as a hobby I'm more inclined to just hoard them and see where things go in the coming years.

...and there's my n00bie post Smiley

udet4food

Activity: 413

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:34:25 PM

I think it will never reach 1000$ thats a big amount of price

There were times 1 BTC = 1 cent. Go figure  Wink
numberonecoin1

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:24:12 PM

Who knows  may die just tommorow.
lindeanin

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:37:56 PM

A rise to $1000 over the next year would be nice.  Any quicker and I would be concerned about a sudden an brutal "snapping" effect as the rubber band shoots back in my face.

Good question for myselves as well. I still hold most coins, but with such price it is profitable to spend buying goods with part of my coins
mikixc

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

Bitcoin is absolutely amazing I think it will reach 10k in 2-3 years.
burdett4

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

No one knows for sure.  They could become worthless overnight or end up becoming the new gold.  This is part of why investing in them is so alluring. 
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:11:37 PM

Since I do the bitcoin thing as a hobby I'm more inclined to just hoard them and see where things go in the coming years.

...and there's my n00bie post Smiley

BOTH. Horde, sell some, make money. Buy more.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:12:37 PM

No one knows for sure.  They could become worthless overnight or end up becoming the new gold.  This is part of why investing in them is so alluring. 

There is no chance of "worthless overnight" any more, unless Satoshi Himself comes back and deletes Bitcoin from the face of the Earth.
sealberrder

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:35:13 PM

Even if US approved anti-bitcoin law, Bitcoin wouldnt be worthless at all, still many places to be used
AnAnarchist

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:38:01 PM

With the recent Chinese surge... I'm thinking this is a bubble so back to $200 for a month in before December.

Gradual increase to $1000 by say... July next year. There will be boom and bust cycles though.

Bitcoin is just too unpredictable right now.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:02:01 PM

With the recent Chinese surge... I'm thinking this is a bubble so back to $200 for a month in before December.

Gradual increase to $1000 by say... July next year. There will be boom and bust cycles though.

But there is that psychological barrier that someone mentioned at 1000$.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
acespoker

Activity: 126

Easy Bitcoin Poker - http://satoshiaces.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:20:32 PM

Bitcoin gambling will overtake the traditional gambling industry with all their pointless gaming commissions, ridiculous government regulations and unjustifiably high credit card/wallet commissions. When that happens, provably fair gambling alone should drive the price to about $4k, considering the online gambling industry right now is about $40bln with all the constraints forced around it.

hashturbator

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:02:46 PM

But there is that psychological barrier that someone mentioned at 1000$.

There's also psychological barriers at 400, 500, 750, 1,000, xxxxx ...as long as a larger majority of BTC holders are in it primarily for speculative purposes, people will assign their own value to it based upon their opinion of when their reward over investment is of greater value (to them) vs. the risk of loss in profit. For this reason, we will see the boom and bust cycles already mentioned. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

...that all changes when BTC reaches critical mass and you no longer exchange it for cash, but instead for goods and services. Then we'll have stability.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:07:08 PM

Bitcoin gambling will overtake the traditional gambling industry with all their pointless gaming commissions, ridiculous government regulations and unjustifiably high credit card/wallet commissions. When that happens, provably fair gambling alone should drive the price to about $4k, considering the online gambling industry right now is about $40bln with all the constraints forced around it.

I have to agree, but it will take longer. Current Bitcoin poker clients have long way to be competetive with PokerStars client

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 10:15:48 PM

There's also psychological barriers at 400, 500, 750, 1,000, xxxxx ...as long as a larger majority of BTC holders are in it primarily for speculative purposes, people will assign their own value to it based upon their opinion of when their reward over investment is of greater value (to them) vs. the risk of loss in profit. For this reason, we will see the boom and bust cycles already mentioned. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

...that all changes when BTC reaches critical mass and you no longer exchange it for cash, but instead for goods and services. Then we'll have stability.
Technically yes, but still no.
If I was going to sell, I'd sell at 1000.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hashturbator

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:22:52 PM

I'm not sure of your point...? I don't know that I would ever sell out of my BTC, and I probably wouldn't sell a single one until ~$5k. Here's an example of varying values placed upon the very same thing.
huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:42:11 PM

I'm not sure of your point...? I don't know that I would ever sell out of my BTC, and I probably wouldn't sell a single one until ~$5k. Here's an example of varying values placed upon the very same thing.

Me too, but I dont care if BTC goes under $10, I wouldn sell. I believe Bitcoin has big potential so why sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: