Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when is safe to sell my alts?  (Read 911 times)
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:38:53 AM

I would hold them. If it's money you don't need to pay expenses, then hold them for 1 to 2 years. If you sell them with no profits and no losses, you're back to where you were before you invested and I assume you invested into crypto because you wanted to retire early or at least make some good profits so you can possibly travel or put it down on a house? Selling your alts now means you're back to working in that cubicle long term, the one where you want to leave. Believe in the tech and hodl.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:40:37 AM

I think that the price of cryptocurrencies is very unstable, and the skyrocketing and plunge have become the norm.
So instead of selling them in the bear market, it might be better to keep holding the coin until the bull market, so it seems that your profit and loss are also Only temporary.
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:47:15 AM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?

C'mon dude, is this a question to ask the community?

You know, you are at 50% loss and if you sale now then you have to digest the loss if you can afford the loss.
If you can't afford the loss, then hold until you get profit. It may take 1 month in future or it may take 2 years to get your desired profit, who knows? Just do your own maths and decide on your own.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:34:40 AM

do you need money now? if not better hold it and wait. cryptocurreny will recover from this bloody days and price will start to grow. you can sell those coins that have less potential to grow and leave those that have potential.
Bit talk

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:40:58 AM

Most of peoples in same problem for crypto market, its depended your financial situation if need money then you can sell other wise keep it on hold then you will get good profits coming days   
panarama29

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:59:40 AM

the only answer i have for that its when the market is in good shape,,because right now market its not friendly at all,,so if care its not taking about selling such person will just involve in debt on the long run,,so therefore we just need to exercisr patience for market to comes back to normal
hopelessromantiko

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:04:09 AM

For me it safe to sell when you earned enough of what you invested and put reinvest some of it. But for the time being holding is the right action. Patience.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:07:39 AM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?
in my opinion, if you don't need large funds for something payment. you should hold your altcoin. losing 50% is very much guys. learn with extra patience. will definitely give you a lot of profit. I believe it. because it has experienced all. you can sell your coins when the price is back up, and more than your purchase price.
Walang-kekek

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:10:12 AM

Well, my opinion is, lets wait at the end of the year. cryptocurrencies increasing its price on those time. hoping your asset will recover from loss of fifty percent. but if the condition isn't as we hoped before, you may sell all of yours. no regret because youre not loss (altough etting lower gain).
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:10:57 AM

We are facing the same problems right now, all coins are in the down trend and we should think a strategy wherein we can still make profit even in down trend.
some people are buying coins in this red sea using their extra money because they believe that it will moon soon in the next months.
As for me, I sold my coins at the start of the down trend then buy it back at the bottom. that way I can still trade even in the down trend.

we don't know how long all this coins will be down maybe until next year so you must have your back up plan, always.  
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:17:36 AM

all your altcoins that manage the decisions are in your hands, the declining market situation is better to wait and hold the altcoin you have. if you have no urgent need, better save altcoin is a good decision. all feel the price down and survive is an option.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:19:41 AM

sell when you get a profit, do not ever cutloss other than buyback afterwards
you have to be sure, that altcoin will also return to normal
the storm will pass, and the trader will start smiling after the storm
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:20:37 AM

Hold it while you can then still hold it if you still can to hold for the future effects of increase your profit. Hold now if that is the good thing to do if you want to sell it still all power to decide still yours. Good luck
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:28:23 AM

Many people will be on the same boat in my opinion. Now that you are in loss, you need to evaluate  a number of factors before making the decision of exit:

1) How safe are your coins: If you have invested in coins like ETH and Ripple that still have good potential, you can wait for some more time. It makes no sense to sell in loss for these coins as they will surely recover. Fir newer alt coins, it is better to sell in loss also.

2) Also, learn from this experience and do not invest in risky coins in future.
panapi3200

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:41:26 AM

We can not tell for that is the good time for selling insted good time for buying.
I have some steps how i sell my alts.
1) i always monitor the changes of markets
2) i spend time to check every two hours
3) when the trend goes up i sell some of my alts

I check my coins at coinmarketcap.com.
Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:31:45 AM

First and foremost, I will want to chip this in that even when stability returns back to the market. Generally however, its imperative to never think of selling now, you can't comprehend what you will lose if you let go now
obinine

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:07:45 AM

If you invested before the bloody days and now most of them are down like 50%, i think  you should hodl it and not sell it at this time, believe in what you have invested in many people Invest in crypto in other to make profit,  there is more to crypto and the blockchain than just mere trading and making alot of profit.  One can actually build a life around crypto.
fadlyzuld

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:22:12 AM

At early this year why you do not sell it. Maybe you think it will be hit price high than more. I have think that, the bounty i play both /5, but look at market all altcoin like thay. Hold with me man
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 03:18:09 AM

Some of my investment in digital asset also in lose nearly 50% but i still believe will be any hope for market to going up and i can to recover lose. Learn from the pass and history of the chart of BTC or ETH, i can say the market has massive potential to going up, even will surpase the level highest price a few month ago. BTC can going up to $30,000 in this year and ETH possible to going up to $1500, other potential coins also will follow it , this is my prediction but i believe this is will become reality. Holding is best idea for now to make profit.

Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:54:32 AM

All back to your own decision whether to sell, hodl or buy again to refine the number of coins and wait for a slight rise in price then sell it at a minimum to restore capital.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: