Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when is safe to sell my alts?  (Read 909 times)
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:37:07 PM

selling altcoin can be done when altcoin prices are stable and you need money. this happens because if it sells in unstable market conditions it will cause big losses for the owners of altcoin.
badjoke

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:40:11 PM

if you don't need emergency cash wait for long term but not for all of your altcoins , i believe you should choose best three or five then sell all others .
teeshe

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 06:24:08 PM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?

You may choose to leave them with the anticipation they will rise again and then inject new fiat and buy some dips. You can as well choose to cut your loss,  and take the remaining funds to invest in other projects. It all depends on your choice and risk appetite.
fiubit

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:25:53 AM

I could recommend to you not to sell them but holding. It is the most reliable way to make your future income larger and in this case you will minimize risks.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?
I see the only possible thing, the reason, to sell your coins. If you really need money then you may sell your crypto savings. In such case it would be really ok to start sell coins. Any other reason is invalid.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

I think it is safe to sell them at ATH+%10 . I always do that, if a coin reaches to the ATH and goes %10 beyond it, I sell it. Before that I would not sell my coins at all unless I really need them myself for some real life expense that I have.

Aside from those types of emergencies the best time to sell is when it hits the end of a bull run, this is trading 101 honestly because you can't sell when its low, there is no point of selling something when it goes down, you should buy even more when it goes down, just sell it after it goes beyond the ATH prices.
emery88

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:45:56 PM

I think you should hold to wait for a good situation of market.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:05:16 PM

I think the most safe to sell your alternativecoins is the last quarter of the year because there’s more chances that you will earn a good amount of income or profit in this kind of business.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

no, dont sell it, its your investment, its better for you if you will wait for more months before selling it. dont waste your precious money. dont make it rush, dont make any decision that you will end up regretting in the end.
tessaphin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:53:29 PM

Everything can happen, I don't want to sell my alts for now and I will hold it back. But almost all of my coins were obtained by participating in bounty campaigns.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:40:21 PM

A very valid arguement there ady_crypto.

As much as that greedy little voice inside me would advise you to hodl a bit more, i'd say it would be best to sell them since you are not losing at all (except for the profit) should you be in a dire situation for the need of funds or money.

Practicality always wins, my grandfather used to tell me, and it was hilariously true.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

I'm also waiting for the right time to sell my altcoins and I think I should hold more because their prices are still down. Their prices are being affected by bitcoin's rise this time, altcoins will recover soon if the top coin start to god own. In waiting for the right time to sell, you should monitor the market often if you want to be updated on its daily price movement. For the meantime, holding it until it recovers is still the best way to avoid possible losses.

My portfolio has decreased by half, I do not see any reason to sell now, it's a direct way to a loss. It is better to wait, however long it takes.
anxioushoarder

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

Actually, selling could result a very wrong action thus people would need to investigate previously to cashing to give time to the chain to finish.
dankboner83

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:29:27 PM

It doesnt need to be at a specific time and you dont need to depend on anyone to make that decision either.
Just sell whenever you feel like you can make some profits.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:22:56 PM

It is safe to sell all of your alts when the prices of the alts meet the target that you have set for them. That way you can be sure that when you sell,you will be making a lot of money from the coin. The right time for you to sell your coins is in a bull market, when the prices are hitting new all time highs. Don't panic sell, don't do the sell and cut losses thing so you don't end up regretting it.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
pambud

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

I got same situation with you buddy, I decided to keep it no matter what , except I need money for expenses , we can wait a couple of month who knows the situation will change and I am sure .
Rahees

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Selling is not safe way at all, I recommend to you to hold your alts because you could sell them later after their prices' increasing, it will give larger profit.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:09:56 PM

It depends on you.
Its depending on how urgent you need your coin.
Although selling your coin now would pay on the bases of our expectation,that on or before the end of the year.
But that is if you beleive it true and can cope with being  patient till then, I will suggest you wait till the end of the year.

Mohit1243

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:51:40 PM

I think you should hold on your coins to get much profit because the market are very low from for a long time and i believe that the price of every coins will be increase very soon. So, don't sell them in low price now. When the market will grow then you can sell them and get a huge profit.
micle222

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:50:57 AM

At this time, all Cryptocurrency has lost its value of around 500,000,000USD, so you should not be confused when the tokens you bought decreased by 50%.

I am even 70% less in my estimation, hopefully the following year the price will rise again and make the market return GREEN.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: