Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we adopt altcoin to pay wages?  (Read 1694 times)
markcruz5554

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:41:56 AM

No, they're too volatile, nobody wants to see 10% of their salary disappear and they'd just be converting to fiat straight away anyway so what's the point.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
malading

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:45:20 AM

If the employee agrees (because the encryption price is not stable) then the boss can pay any kind of cryptocurrency. If someone really does this, then there is currently only USDT that can do it!

mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:59:12 AM

Can we pay salaries and wages in shape of altcoins?
What problems can be occurred to adopt it? 

It has been a thing ever since bounty campaigns started related to cryptocurrecny. The rewards were always altcoin and have a very occasional moments where they pay BTC but most of the time were altcoins. But regarding non-cryptorelated jobs and regular jobs I think it would not be possible because it requires to be stable and reliable.

enendad

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:19:35 AM

This can be difficult. If I lose money when I receive my salary, it seems unfair to me. Money is lazy. I hope it is active. So, unless you reach a consensus that you are willing to take this risk, not everyone can accept this. Of course, the coins will go up, and those who get him will be happy!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:19:56 PM

Should be left for people to decide whether they want part of their salary in Cryptocurrency or not. They should be thoroughly informed about the risks and benefits.
I would suggest having small percentage(10-40%) of ones salary in Cryptocurrency.
Aggioni

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:24:38 PM

Maybe in future it will be possible but at this moment i can't imagine how it can work. There are so many people who don't even know what crypto is)
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:45:31 PM

We most certainly can pay salaries with alt coins, but it will certainly have to be connected to a stable coin to protect against market volatility. The day will soon be here!!
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:06:56 AM

Tax would be an issue. Like cash in hand jobs it would be open to scrutiny from tax officials. Also you'd have to decide if the salary is pegged to usd or other fiat to account for price fluctuations. Also you'd have to think about related benefits like workers insurance, retirement or annual leave accruals etc.

But once these issues are sorted I'd see no reason why not.
poopbread

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:43:58 AM

It is a little difficult to pay salaries directly by using coins now, because there is no relevant policy to implement them. But in private, as long as your employees are willing to do so.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:26:17 AM

i think using blockchain is good but if you pay wages and salaries with a volatile coin that would bring risk on the part of the worker. no worker will accept an indefinite amount(except the bounty hunters). workers must have the security that they will be paid based on what they have worked for.
RAIKOSLA

Activity: 336

Powerful promotion strategy https://bit.ly/3cRVjFi

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:52:08 AM

I think this payment method will be very good if done, in addition to cost-effective and very fast transaction. but not everyone likes altcoin because maybe they do not know or even do not know about its potential in the future. they must know altcoin is at high risk because of its fluctuations. but in the future these steps can be done to make it 100% successful to be carried out properly.

Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:58:32 AM

I don't think it's very realistic. You can't expect your salary to go down when they get it.
And it may face tax evasion.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
zxfffz

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:16:14 PM

Yes, it may take a decade, or a little faster than five years, the cryptocurrency will replace cash. Are you ready to accept it all?
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:22:39 AM

I think we can do that but the mere question is “Does the labourers or the employees will like it?”,
remember not all people are not yet inform in the legacy of cryptocurrency and its function in the society.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:25:28 AM

When you do bounty campaigns you are receiving something like salary. Do you like it? I think that more people would like to receive USD because tokens in most cases go down and down.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:28:26 AM

Yes it's possible, but the thing is... that alternative coins need a stable value or what I mean is, the circulation of that specific coin is good and the community is already welcome it in some ways. The only problem is, many people is crab mentality and trying to burn out other successful works like this one. But who knows in the future?
trinhdao078

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:16:46 PM

You can just get the subcoin in to make the investment not to pay the fee. You can get in pay the fee. In the crypto money world you can do what you want infinitely. Be careful not to lose money while doing these things.
Lannie25

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

I think we cannot adopt that because not all people can easily used alternative coins.
Many people are not well inform in technology which is a huge factor to be consider as a disadvantage.
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:14:10 PM

I think, of course, the cryptocurrency is getting more and more introduced into human life every day, but our longitude mentality is taking a new one, that's why I think until people are ready for salaries with alcoins. I would like to see whether we will pass to this.

It seems possible. It probably depends on the acceptance of the employer. In addition, the problem may be the possibility of paying cryptocurrencies for work in the country of the employee. There are still tax and other issues arising from labor law.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:20:59 PM

Oh yes of course. I think we can do so. I think the only problem might be the volatility. Even with that one i don't see it a huge problem. Your payer won't need to set your payment at a fixed value, that's all. Your payment needs to be pegged to the current market price of that particular coin it's paid in
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: