Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: paysafecards  (Read 1027 times)
k3ks3 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 05:22:53 PM

Well I have a question. Why does almost nobody accept paysafecards? Imo it is one of the best anonym options to buy bitcoins, as it is anonym as well. Okay of course it has a slight downside seeing, that when the code is sent, the original owner could still use it and i do understand that it is hard to convert psc to money but i still think it is a really safe and fast!!!(very important issue atm imo) way of paying.

what u think?

greetz
cookie
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 06:57:16 PM

As you mention - it is hard to convert PSC into money. That's the main reason for not using it. Personally, I think it's a pitty as I quite like the system as its fast and cheap. However, if you try to convert it you have to go via several exchanges which costs you quite some time and transaction costs.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:32:55 PM

Some betting exchange accepts PSC deposits with a 2.5% fee which is ok, from there you can transfer to Paypal or whatever.
Does someone know of a better way to convert PSC into cash? I'm thinking about opening a small PSC->BTC business.

Btw, you can change the password of a received paysafecard, so that the original owner cannot use it anymore.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 07:24:54 AM

I only know how to redeem them via virwox. But the fee you pay is quite high - way worse than your proposal. You pay around 12% fee + SLL spread Sad At which betting exchanges can you get 2.5% fee?
Riemann

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 03:19:35 PM

Hi everyone,

If the offer is good, I would accept PSC. Doing this without an escrow service of some sort is of course a bit more risky. 20% (as on Vivox) is still outragous though 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: