Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The importance of staying positive, no matter what (the price is)  (Read 458 times)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:37:19 PM

Well thats just stupid. I took out a big loan to buy a bunch of bitcoin in late october just before the price went nuts. It was a fantastic investment. But I didn't take out more than I could afford to pay off. If anyone really did take out loans that were so big that they can't afford to pay the monthly payments without selling their investment thats just stupid no matter the market.
You see,most of the people don't do that[the underlined part]. They borrow more than what they can afford. Usually this is a big no in trading,unless you know what you're doing,like deep shit.
The key is staying positive on the long term outlook. My brother sold half his bitcoin a month or two ago because he said he didn't wanna stress over it. I told him that was very stupid. He only had a bit over 1 bitcoin anyways, so even if he lost all the money its not like he'll miss it in the long run, but if he had stayed positive he might be sitting on well over $100k in a few years. Just gotta keep a positive long term outlook. Sure it sucks getting trades stuck for a few months or watching your portfolio go down for a few months. But if you wait long enough 99% change you'll be making lots of money again in the relatively near future.
Yeah you can't wait long if you have borrowed a loan,I mean think about it. Staying positive is essential but being smart is more essential. The more stupid you act,the more you lose.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krampus854

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

Well yeah that's a good thing if you have that kind of attitude for sure it will be great if almost all people have that ability.  The price of bitcoin will increase more and more higher than usual, staying positive in such a situation makes people think smart.
Canis Majoris (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

No I don't agree with this at all.  If Bitcoin is in a general decline there is no point in putting your hands over your ears and saying to the moon.  1m by the end of the year.  It's just not sensible. 

So what do you disagree with? Did you read the OP at all since it looks like you didn't? It is not about closing your eyes and praying in silence, not in the least. On the contrary, it is about being proactive and taking steps that will lead you toward better overall trading experience, maybe toward earning profit or at least breaking even if you feel like it is not your cup of tea and you don't want to play this game again.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

Yeah only thing is staying positive won't give them their money back. You see, a lot of people went to different sources and got the money to invest in Bitcoin but now that the markets are in a bull period, they can't keep up with the other end of bargain when they borrowed the money. We are seeing suicides, murders and what not for money. This stupidity is worse than their earlier stupidity of buying bitcoin at a higher price.
Yes you are right...it might not get them their money back but will surely get them out of the trouble and panic that might have been created in their minds because of the recession period. Positivity not only helps you feel good but also makes your thought process work in a better manner. This lightens up the surroundings around you and will not let you make the stupid decisions like suicides, murders or something else. Being positive in difficult situations is not a cup of tea for everyone. It is an art that everyone must learn in order to live a good, hassle free life.
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:06:50 PM

Yeah only thing is staying positive won't give them their money back. You see, a lot of people went to different sources and got the money to invest in Bitcoin but now that the markets are in a bull period, they can't keep up with the other end of bargain when they borrowed the money. We are seeing suicides, murders and what not for money. This stupidity is worse than their earlier stupidity of buying bitcoin at a higher price.
Yes you are right...it might not get them their money back but will surely get them out of the trouble and panic that might have been created in their minds because of the recession period. Positivity not only helps you feel good but also makes your thought process work in a better manner. This lightens up the surroundings around you and will not let you make the stupid decisions like suicides, murders or something else. Being positive in difficult situations is not a cup of tea for everyone. It is an art that everyone must learn in order to live a good, hassle free life.
They might knew it now, that bitcoin increase far from its last fall, it will be nice to know that the Holding is still worth it, being panicked will not lead into anything good. Better study the market and see how to earn on it.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Gulayman

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:50:30 AM

Staying positive is quite difficult you know. Each of us is undergoing into different sufferings and trials, only ourselves know when it will end. On the other side, keeping the faith and staying positive is a great help to boost self-confidence and self-trust.
True, it is quite difficult to stay positive but we all need. We are in the risky world of crypto we're price is not stable. But we need to trust and patient no matter what happens.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:36:03 PM

Staying positive is quite difficult you know. Each of us is undergoing into different sufferings and trials, only ourselves know when it will end. On the other side, keeping the faith and staying positive is a great help to boost self-confidence and self-trust.
True, it is quite difficult to stay positive but we all need. We are in the risky world of crypto we're price is not stable. But we need to trust and patient no matter what happens.
Sometimes we might feel like staying positive is useless and not helping but this is just getting emotional.  When it comes to business and investments,  getting emotional is really not helpful.  Patience is what we need in order to stay in the game here because if we don't have it,  we will always end up contributing in the panic selling. Staying positive is not bad because it will help calm you down in situations which you thought that you can't surpassed. 

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

But False Hopelessness is way different from staying positive. I'll give you a scenario you are inside a burning house where you are near from the exit. Will you wait for the firefighters to save you or you can save yourself right away just by going out your front door? See that staying positive in the wrong scenario could place you in a wrong position and I don't think you want to be trap in a burning house waiting for help to arrive. People think just because Bitcoin is going down all they can do is hold on to their losses, what people don't see is that even if their position is on a loss they can still make money just by selling it and also buying it at a lower price. I have done it and now I have accumulated a lot of Bitcoin because of it. 
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:51:38 PM

Well yeah that's a good thing if you have that kind of attitude for sure it will be great if almost all people have that ability.  The price of bitcoin will increase more and more higher than usual, staying positive in such a situation makes people think smart.
Staying positive whatever the price is could help a lot and could improve our confidence to hold our bitcoin. Somehow people makes smart and being wiser in trading cryptocurrency and valued on what he is doing during trading. So the importantce of being positive throughout the market will gives us a return of advantages.
Canis Majoris (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:47:54 PM

But False Hopelessness is way different from staying positive. I'll give you a scenario you are inside a burning house where you are near from the exit. Will you wait for the firefighters to save you or you can save yourself right away just by going out your front door? See that staying positive in the wrong scenario could place you in a wrong position and I don't think you want to be trap in a burning house waiting for help to arrive.

I don't find a lot of logic in your example and reasoning alike. In fact, I'm really curious if you actually don't understand my point. If you are caught in a burning house and you are hopeless, which means being in a state of utter despair - synonymous with being in the most negative state of mind ever possible, you won't be searching for an exit since it is all over for you from your own point of view. The whole idea of staying positive is that it gives you strength and power to look for a way out. That's why your example in real life would actually prove my point. In other words, no matter how bad your circumstances might be staying positive is the optimal strategy, if not overall the best one. Who has more chances to survive, the one who fights and hopes to pull through or the one who succumbs and gives up any hope?

It's not that hard to understand really.
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

But False Hopelessness is way different from staying positive. I'll give you a scenario you are inside a burning house where you are near from the exit. Will you wait for the firefighters to save you or you can save yourself right away just by going out your front door? See that staying positive in the wrong scenario could place you in a wrong position and I don't think you want to be trap in a burning house waiting for help to arrive.

I don't find a lot of logic in your example and reasoning alike. In fact, I'm really curious if you actually don't understand my point. If you are caught in a burning house and you are hopeless, which means being in a state of utter despair - synonymous with being in the most negative state of mind ever possible, you won't be searching for an exit since it is all over for you from your own point of view. The whole idea of staying positive is that it gives you strength and power to look for a way out. That's why your example in real life would actually prove my point. In other words, no matter how bad your circumstances might be staying positive is the optimal strategy, if not overall the best one. Who has more chances to survive, the one who fights and hopes to pull through or the one who succumbs and gives up any hope?

It's not that hard to understand really.

Yes I agree, having a positive thought even how bad the situation is, can somehow give you a little light to stay calm and be able to stay focused on the things you want to do. Staying positive is a good sign of being mature enough to handle different circumstances in life and in cryptocurrency as well.  Knowing the characteristics of bitcoin that is far from being steady. We should have a positive thought or else we shouldn’t be here in the first place.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

That is what I always say to those helpless people. They continue to whine even if the price drops by 100USD. They think bitcoin is going to cease to exist. Yet, the truth is that bitcoin will never die, not for now because it still has not been known worldwide. Added to that statement, the price will keep on growing and one day, it will exceed 20kUSD as it did in the end of last year. That is why we should keep on believing in bitcoin.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

There is a wisdom which says that false hopelessness is much worse than false hope. You may think that it is just a catchy phrase but it is definitely not. When the prices fall as hard as they did since December, it is difficult to stay positive when you had bought right at the peak. But you really should. The difference between staying positive and negative is colossal and life changing. When you are feeling negative and depressed, you won't do anything. You will just curl up in a fetus position and cry all day long over the money you have so carelessly invested in Bitcoin. However, if you stay positive and look forward to a better future, you will be actively searching for ways out of the predicament you got into.

As a matter of fact, there were quite a lot of opportunities along the road to balance out the losses since December, and if you focused your attention on these opportunities instead of pointlessly crying over spilt milk, you would now reap profits, literally. This is what seasoned traders do all the time and you can do as well.
You are right, for those who give up in the first sight of the problems they will never take this far and they will not profit as what they are expecting. Those people who have become extremely wealthy because of bitcoin has generally have the same characteristics: they are risk takers, patient and determined. In the times where there is a price depression their fortitude is immense and they did not budge. And true enough in time they have reach their goals and are living comfortably. They know better the market, they know it is volatile but they know when to fold and show their cards. In time they have gain wisdom of how to play safely in these crypto industry. I know it was not bed of roses all the time maybe mostly thorns along the way but they sure reach their goals at the end and are still playing for more.
zngit

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:10:03 PM

I think this words ' be positive no matter what is not for all believers. If we notice each of us, we are not in the same capacity of money in the wallet, we have a big difference in our life status even financial status. So to be positive no matter what is not for all but it is for those who earn more that 100% profit already. They are the masters and doctorate degree of dealing crypto world. Those new birds we must inline our journey base on what will be our earnings even a small amount it is ok as beginner.
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:48:12 PM

in crypto it is important for us to stay positive because we all knew that the price of cryptocurrency is changeable...there are times that it continues to drop the price which makes us scared that we might loss our money instead of having our target profit so the tendecy is we jump to panic selling which is not the right thing to do because as i have said the price of crypt is changeable so if you think positively that it will bounce back to high value you won't result to panic selling and just wait until you get your aim which to get big profit

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: