Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about our startup funding? To ICO or Not.  (Read 88 times)
coinlaunch (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:51:52 PM

I've been thinking about what we should do about our upcoming funding requirements.

First, a bit of background. Last year we created CoinLaunch.market, one of the earliest (functional) platforms dedicated to creating crowd sale tokens and contracts on Ethereum. It quickly became popular with companies looking to create Initial Coin offerings and asset-backed crypto securities. At last count, we've deployed nearly 60,000 token contracts (including the ones on the ethereum testnet). We've had more than 300,000 visitors and continue to have strong traffic, doubling every month. For whatever it's worth, our telegram group just passed 30,000 members. Needless to say, our growth is been pretty amazing.

We have several new products and features coming out soon including a dedicated blockchain deployment based on a fork of Ethereum, KYC platform, AirDrop/Rewards system among other things. Lots of cool, functional stuff.

I admit we're a little odd. In space dominated by whitepapers and vaporware, our platform actually works. This has been our key differentiator.

Ironically, even though we've created a platform that lets people create ICO's and various other tokens, we never did our own ICO or token offering, instead, we focused on building a platform that actually provides value. With more than 15 employee's we're now considering what we should do to pay for our continued growth.
VC seems counter what we believe in given the focus of our platform. I'm not sold on the doing an ICO since we already have a revenue generating company with functional products.

Comments welcome.

@rUv
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: