Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 10:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited claiming of BTCP from BTC. What is happening here???  (Read 135 times)
harlemmarketmaker (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:27:03 PM

I can't tell what is going on but I've been able to "claim" BTCP over 100 times from the SAME Bitcoin that I have. I was just messing around with wallets but I have 2100 BTCP now. It doesn't seem right, I haven't tried moving them to an exchange (as if there are any right now) but I can transfer them between wallets. I would chalk it up to a wallet bug but how can I possible move them between wallets? Has anyone else experienced this?

faiz1998

Activity: 250
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 11:29:49 PM

What is btcp sir? It is not specific

◄  JUST NEWBIE ►
◄ we never sleep alone ►◄ because i have pillow ►
please dont judge me or bullying me
harlemmarketmaker (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:37:02 PM

What is btcp sir? It is not specific

Sorry, BTCP is Bitcoin Private. It was a bitcoin fork that happened it February. It was a huge mess, but this is ridiculous.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:53:06 PM

I can't tell what is going on but I've been able to "claim" BTCP over 100 times from the SAME Bitcoin that I have. I was just messing around with wallets but I have 2100 BTCP now. It doesn't seem right, I haven't tried moving them to an exchange (as if there are any right now) but I can transfer them between wallets. I would chalk it up to a wallet bug but how can I possible move them between wallets? Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't really tried messing around with their wallets as I only claimed once, but most probably that is a bug on the fork's side not on the wallet. If you can transfer them between wallets, most probably BTCP developer is unaware of the issue ATM. It should be fixed soon but I wonder if you will lose those 2100 BTCP or not? Even if you don't many users would not claim BTCP so I think it is probably the reason why it is possible ATM(what you experienced).
harlemmarketmaker (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:15:34 AM

I wonder if I should move them to an exchange and try to cash them in....What a terrible time to want to do that though.
forumsehat

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:20:46 AM

I have never experienced as you experienced, you better try it on and move through other markets, to smooth.
j62

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:29:50 AM

Lol are you kidding me right now... @hilariousandco

I will ask again, as this is on topic. PROOF or it didn't happen. Where are the steps to reproduce or at least screenshots?
BTCPrivate
Copper Member

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

We are unable to replicate this issue using the desktop wallet and/or the electrum wallet. If you are actually experiencing this issue, please report it via our GitHub repo: https://github.com/BTCPrivate/BitcoinPrivate/issues

Thank you,
The BTCP Contribution Team
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:57:17 AM

How did you claim it? Which wallet did you use? There are only 3 wallets that can be used to transfer bitcoin private: Coinomi, Electrum BTCP and BTCP Full Node Wallet. I saw an article giving out the steps on how to claim the forked coin. You might wanna check on it here https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/claim-sell-bitcoin-private/
commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:15:41 PM

If you are experiencing unlimited claim of btcp,  then it should be the fault of the.wallet provider,  maybe there is an error in the code with is to duplicate the coin and add the equivalent  of the newly forked coin into the database,  am very sure that sooner or later,  it should be corrected before they can enable transfer of that new forked coin in which you have received from your existing bitcoin.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:19:27 PM

Looks like almost nobody is supporting this fork anyway, sell it all before its too late.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: