Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok, when team ready to pay 10-30$ to anybody, who join telegram channel?  (Read 317 times)
oleksiivinogradov (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

I'm a serial entrepreneur and investor

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:40:03 AM

Hey, community.
I reviewed a lot of projects last week and surprised, where is competition happened. Instead of describe real business model, results around MVP, active users, teams are increase and increase “free” coins amounts.
Outside it looks like market, where sellers ready to pay customer money just if they agreed to grab services or goods.
Yesterday somebody wrote: “10$ if you join to my telegra group”. Next day somebody write - “we will pay 100$ for same”
No matter, if they pay in own coins. It is a money anyway. Imagine, if I will go to the street and pay each people 30$ just to press couple buttons on phone? Sounds crazy?
Can you share your opinion? Why teams not fill real value of their coins ?

CRYPTOADS MARKETPLACE | | A powerful advertising platform built on Ethereum
Token Sale | | Bitcointalk ANN | | Bounty Program | | Telegram
PRESALE: 15 May - 15 Jun | | CROWDSALE: 16 Jun - 16 Jul

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:44:38 AM

I guess its just their way to advertise their platform and to grow their member by paying them to join. Nowadays, if you don't have money, you don't have audience when in situations like that, unless you are making some effort for them to earn.
People will try to join for that money, why ? Who does'nt want a free money ? Just for a little of effort by juts joining their telegram.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:09:14 AM

These coins don't have much to offer public so they want to show the people that there are so many people are interested in this project. But when no one is ready to join they are paying people to join. New investors look at their channel members count and think that this project attracts so many people so they may invest money in these coins. All these are marketing tricks. They will make sure that they will get back more than what they spend on these marketing methods.

These days it has become very difficult thing find which project is good and which is one is not good to invest. So better wait for them to list in exchange to buy.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:34:18 AM

No matter, if they pay in own coins. It is a money anyway. Imagine, if I will go to the street and pay each people 30$ just to press couple buttons on phone? Sounds crazy?

Its matter when user do not pay 100$ just for joining they can pay max 5$ because they want to build large number of user database.
what if they pay 100$ in own coins... and they will tell you this amount is worth 100$ really will you believe in that coin.  But in real when you receive coin Coin value already less then 30% from value the told. and when you try to transfer funds they will tell you you have to pay this fees...... in the end you get 5$ only? you are working for 5$ only
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

I guess its just their way to advertise their platform and to grow their member by paying them to join. Nowadays, if you don't have money, you don't have audience when in situations like that, unless you are making some effort for them to earn.
People will try to join for that money, why ? Who does'nt want a free money ? Just for a little of effort by juts joining their telegram.
it is true this is more to marketing system, they want many people know the program works by giving bonus free money when joining their telegram. maybe with this system they think will get many investors
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:34:23 AM

I think it's just a business trick from them so many people join their telegram.
maybe his comparison is 1: 100.
My experience joined on DRAGON Telegram (DRG) and they paid $ 200.
oleksiivinogradov (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:48:42 AM

In general, I agreed. But in real word any expenses are limited (of course if you are build not scam but like build long term business) on a market, much cheapest ways are existing to add members of telegram groups (even I have own one).
Why teams so lazy and like to spend crazy money?

oleksiivinogradov (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:51:40 AM

These coins don't have much to offer public so they want to show the people that there are so many people are interested in this project. But when no one is ready to join they are paying people to join. New investors look at their channel members count and think that this project attracts so many people so they may invest money in these coins. All these are marketing tricks. They will make sure that they will get back more than what they spend on these marketing methods.

These days it has become very difficult thing find which project is good and which is one is not good to invest. So better wait for them to list in exchange to buy.

Thanks you, I agreed with you. But why investors take attention on marketing activity (like telegram groups) instead try to check business(if exist) or team? Maybe it make sense to create some webinar to explain a basic areas to check?

oleksiivinogradov (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:56:03 AM

Its matter when user do not pay 100$ just for joining they can pay max 5$ because they want to build large number of user database.
what if they pay 100$ in own coins... and they will tell you this amount is worth 100$ really will you believe in that coin.  But in real when you receive coin Coin value already less then 30% from value the told. and when you try to transfer funds they will tell you you have to pay this fees...... in the end you get 5$ only? you are working for 5$ only

I guess it connected issues. They send a huge amount of coins for free and then all salers are decreasing prices. If coin not value for the team, how coin can be value for market?

oleksiivinogradov (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:57:26 AM

I think it's just a business trick from them so many people join their telegram.
maybe his comparison is 1: 100.
My experience joined on DRAGON Telegram (DRG) and they paid $ 200.

Would you like this? Is this project actively growing now (and coin price grow as result?)

cabbarlana

Activity: 448

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

It could be a strategy for marketing purposes. ICOs, who usually distribute tokens from air, are having trouble identifying themselves. Another point to be noticed is that the token numbers are too high, which makes the crypto money unsafe.

cakmabokgot

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:32:37 PM

200 dollars for joining telegram group? That's one of the most general kinda airdrop, I have ever heard. Actually until this thread I have never heard this system even existed. Didn't sound so safe though...
auliahr

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

same thing when we want to fishing, if we want to get big fish then surely we have to use bait. to get and attract the attention of investors, then a project should look perfect and interesting.

if its ico has reached the hard cap, I think it does not matter, because they have planned and allocated its tokens for this marketing activity. but if the soft cap just is not achieved, then this is bad and I can not imagine it.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:09:12 PM

Usually joining a telegram group gives you 10$ worth of tokens. They are giving this as advertisement.
They don't give this as their own pocket. They have a budget, when they sell their tokens they give some fair amount to bounty campaign. This becomes norm now.
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:19:24 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 02:31:02 PM by bananadines

There are a lot of projects that are running airdrops in the last couple of months and the most are paying 1-10 USD if you simply join their Telegram chat or do some other social media tasks. A good page for new airdrops is airdrops.io, you should take a look at it if you are looking for some free coins.  Grin
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

If they pay it from their tokens, that might be okay but if they claim to send it as eth or btc once you joined telegram channel there must be something wrong with that, it may be scam.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:02:18 AM

Thanks you, I agreed with you. But why investors take attention on marketing activity (like telegram groups) instead try to check business(if exist) or team? Maybe it make sense to create some webinar to explain a basic areas to check?

Many crypto investors want to make a quick money and they don't have time and knowledge to check on their business so if they see some groups with tons of followers then indirectly they will assume that those coins are good to invest because already many people are following this coin.

But we should know one thing that money will not come so easily for everyone because some lucky guys can make easy money but not all.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:03:25 AM

It is not Okay, I joined telegram group because I believe they have something good to add to me, so if there are incentives for me o join a group, this is a big concern, people should know nothing comes free, you either pay for it in cash or in kind. I think some project do airdrops too and require for one to join their telegram group to qualify

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

The number of participants in the telegram group directly affects on some investors. They believe that the more participants TG group has, the more successful the project will be.

devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:36:12 PM

Those airdrop getting crazy now. The coin which gives many airdrop like that most of them is not worth anything. Look at legit project like xyo, shivom, auctus, essentia. They are not giving away airdrop $10 per account for only joining telegram. Bounty is not airdrop bounty is different thing. We need to work to get paid in bounty but airdrop $10 for only joining telegram is crazy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: