Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok, when team ready to pay 10-30$ to anybody, who join telegram channel?  (Read 317 times)
crypto1nvest

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:44:35 PM

I think it's just all about the market if we have a buyer for product why not? Maybe they pay more for telegram and less for another advertisement who knows?
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

The most i've got paid for joining a telegram channel was 84 Credits, which were worth even 60$ at some point.
So they really pay, there is no scam there. They just want to increase the number of followers.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:20:32 PM

It's not like that mate.almost all the ico have the Telegram bounty  to attract a initial crowd . Telegram crowd is becoming a important factor in judging the ico quality so you don't have to worry.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:23:02 AM

It's called advertising. Indeed it's a poor approach to developing new products, but when you think from a logical perspective, the rate at which new coins are flooding the market, it's very hard to keep the attention span of prospective clients for too long, especially when your proposed product has a competitive market already trading. Most developers and community managers resolve to this 'incentivized' method of advertising just to gain more attention and pull the crowd.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

Hey, community.
I reviewed a lot of projects last week and surprised, where is competition happened. Instead of describe real business model, results around MVP, active users, teams are increase and increase “free” coins amounts.
Outside it looks like market, where sellers ready to pay customer money just if they agreed to grab services or goods.
Yesterday somebody wrote: “10$ if you join to my telegra group”. Next day somebody write - “we will pay 100$ for same”
No matter, if they pay in own coins. It is a money anyway. Imagine, if I will go to the street and pay each people 30$ just to press couple buttons on phone? Sounds crazy?
Can you share your opinion? Why teams not fill real value of their coins ?

If they are willing to give that much money just for someone to join their telegram channel, it usually means that they aren't able to generate interest in their project any other way. That is the only explanation why they would do that.

If their project is actually good and worthwhile of investing, then no way they're going to give away their tokens for that cheap.

You're right, competition in the airdrop scene and some ICOs seems to revolve around how much projects pay for people to join them these days, not how good their business models are.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

These coins don't have much to offer public so they want to show the people that there are so many people are interested in this project. But when no one is ready to join they are paying people to join. New investors look at their channel members count and think that this project attracts so many people so they may invest money in these coins. All these are marketing tricks. They will make sure that they will get back more than what they spend on these marketing methods.

These days it has become very difficult thing find which project is good and which is one is not good to invest. So better wait for them to list in exchange to buy.
The number of people in telegram attracts the investors to invest in a project. Most of the time, airdrops and high amount of bounties help a project to become more popular. When there are thousands of users in telegram, many people their will think that the project they joined is good and popular. The potential to be successful depends upon the members of telegram also.

Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:12:44 AM

Hey, community.
I reviewed a lot of projects last week and surprised, where is competition happened. Instead of describe real business model, results around MVP, active users, teams are increase and increase “free” coins amounts.
Outside it looks like market, where sellers ready to pay customer money just if they agreed to grab services or goods.
Yesterday somebody wrote: “10$ if you join to my telegra group”. Next day somebody write - “we will pay 100$ for same”
No matter, if they pay in own coins. It is a money anyway. Imagine, if I will go to the street and pay each people 30$ just to press couple buttons on phone? Sounds crazy?

It is an easiest way to organise community for project. Especially if project has not very interesting idea and it's an only way to build the project community. In addition it helps to spread product between, people to make it a bit popular and useful.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:58:29 AM

Hey, community.

Your analysis is right. Projects or companies that offer promotions like this are probably offering coins or tokens that are worth nothing. Why would a company offer $100 just for joining a telegram group? If it was legitimate they would lose a lot of money for something almost useless.

Remember if its too good to be true its probably a scam.
cryptograveyard

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:43:36 AM

It is a good way to grow the community because marketing is now very limited. you can't advertise on facebook and twitter you can only offer airdrop and bounties to attract people to your ico. it does have a drawback if lots of dumping occurs from the giveaways when the trading begins.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:00:22 AM

I think it is good marketing, and by giving airdrops or free coins, their ICO will be noticed, because everyone likes free cash, and if the devs are active.on telegram you can ask them all about the ICO and what it is all about, you can even help in creating the roadmal for the team, however it will depend on your negotiations and skills. Though it is a good thing for devs to be giving out free cash to everybody, some do have a catch if you want to receive their free coins, you first must.give them money, if.you see ICOs like that, check everything from the team, if there is no white paper or an active dev, do not join and do not simply give away your money, it could be a possible scam, be careful.
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

Most of these airdrop programs are scams, so be careful. But they also do not require us to do anything just to participate in telegraph and messaging in their group. Join if you want to, maybe learn more experience.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Temik2704

Activity: 378

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:20:07 AM

It is just an advertising and just a part of this business
Telegram group size is one of indicators which some investors use before to invest in project

zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

It seems to me that such an artificially created interest in the project distorts the real picture. Now it is very difficult to understand the community's interest in the project, being guided by such indicator as the number of people in the telegram of the project channel. The newcomers do not understand this and think that all these people are really interested in the project, in fact it is not.

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:45:50 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as it is not a scam projects, people have joined so many successful airdrop and their testimonies have been amazing, the likes of Havven and Cofi did airdrops also and I know they are legit projects, if it is to build a strng community around their project that is a good thing

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

Actually $10 isn't big money if you are first world country. If you are planning to create hundred million dollar aştcoin project you may send everyone $10 worth altcoin easily, with good sponsor. This is my take on it.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:00:09 AM

Hey, community.

This kind of advertisment is too bad for the project/company/ICO.
Because Imagine joining 50k telegram users and the reward is in average $20 ($10-30 as you mentioned), the total of only the telegram users who joined their telegram channel/group is $1M
Giving away 1 million dollars for just joining telegram is (I think) a waste of money and a waste of their value of their token/coin, this for me is unacceptable but they know how to deal in this open market.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 11:14:53 AM

Most coins that you will get now cost nothing or cost so that commission in eth blockchain will be higher than the cost of tokens. May be some people got lucky and find very few ICO that can give more.

r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:37:25 PM

Hey, community.

This kind of advertisment is too bad for the project/company/ICO.
Because Imagine joining 50k telegram users and the reward is in average $20 ($10-30 as you mentioned), the total of only the telegram users who joined their telegram channel/group is $1M
Giving away 1 million dollars for just joining telegram is (I think) a waste of money and a waste of their value of their token/coin, this for me is unacceptable but they know how to deal in this open market.
My opinion that such marketing is first sign of scam team. If you can offer people money only for their interest to project/ICO than it mean so poor idea. And not important how many to pay. It is important to whom and for what
Kosmog

Activity: 207
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

No. For example Open Collectors Network didn't pay anything and the community now has around 4900 users  ( didn't went public 100%, because private sale is on going )

https://t.me/opencollectorsnetwork

https://www.udemy.com/from-a-non-programmer-to-full-stack-net-developer/?couponCode=10.99DISCOUNT
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:50:13 PM

Most coins that you will get now cost nothing or cost so that commission in eth blockchain will be higher than the cost of tokens. May be some people got lucky and find very few ICO that can give more.
It's just a matter of researching it, however marketing strategies of ICO now were quite impressive that it attracts many participants, if the budget allocation is on bounty type then its fine, but if just joining you'll be readily pay it seems to be scam or having referral or Ponzi.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: