Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptothrift.com | Bitcoin and Litecoin Marketplace and Auctions  (Read 4664 times)
Duetschpire (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 12:01:40 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 02:54:45 AM by Duetschpire

cryptothrift.com | a Bitcoin and Litecoin Marketplace and Auction House with Automated Escrow

After the unfortunate circumstances which resulted in the announcement of Bitmit closure, we've been experiencing a much higher demand, traffic, new users registrations and a big amount of ads being posted continuously..

We'd like to thanks all of you, buyers, sellers, viewers and sponsors for putting your faith in us and trusting us with your listings. We'd like to thank those who have been on our side from day one and gave us the momentum and adrenaline we needed to keep going, sent us their feedback and recommendations, and pointed us in the right direction when we were doing it wrong. We'd also like to thank all the new users for giving our site and services a try, for the trust you're putting in us and the project, Thanks you!

We also like to say thanks to cryptocoinsnews.com, the best place to find all the latest news about crypto. They've been of a great support from day one.

There are few point which we'd like to shed some light on to reduce confusion and let you enjoy a better user experience on the site.

• cryptothrift.com is a no fee listing site, no sale no fees.
  • We're running a promotional offer on all sold items before the end of 2013. Only a transaction fee of 0.001 BTC or 0.1 LTC is being charged across the site.
  • We charge 1% escrow fees to sellers when escrow is used.
  • We support digital downloads. In step 2 of posting an item you can upload your digital downloads for an instant delivery upon reception of the coins. Please let the viewers know when your listing is digital so they can dowload it.
  • We do not store your coins. Although all payments have to go through us for our confirmation system to do its job, funds are released the moment the payment clears. In case of Escrow, we store funds in a cold wallet, a cron job sends any coins to our cold wallet every 1 minute. When an item is marked as received, funds get released to the sellers automatically.
  • Buyers, please make sure you mark items as "Received" when you're satisfied with the reception of the item to avoid any delays in releasing funds to sellers.
  • Buyers and sellers can exchange details through our private messaging system.
  • We have few ad spots now available, please contact us if you have a project which you need to get out there
  • Follow us on twitter, Facebook and Google+ to know when items get posted instantly!

Again, thank you all for your support, please keep your criticism and feedback coming, the journey has just started and we're only going to get better.

The cryptothrift Team

jaminunit

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:04:24 AM

Looks really cool man! love that you support litecoin

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:36:19 PM

Looks really cool man! love that you support litecoin

Thanks Smiley

We've added support to XPM and FTC, will be writing a post about this in few hours. A ton of features and big fixes too Wink

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:59:19 PM

Looks cool I posted an item just wish there were more users hopefully they will come since bitmit is going down. I am not sure but do you guys support digital delivery so essentially if I sell a amazon gift card I can input it into a message which will autosend to the buyer once payment is confirmed?
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:55:18 AM

Looks cool I posted an item just wish there were more users hopefully they will come since bitmit is going down. I am not sure but do you guys support digital delivery so essentially if I sell a amazon gift card I can input it into a message which will autosend to the buyer once payment is confirmed?

I'm glad you like the site Smiley, thanks for giving it a try.

We currently have 800+ daily visitors with more than 70% new, so we're hoping with the community's support we'll be seeing more and more traffic on the site.

Yes, we do support digital downloads; on the 2nd page of posting an item, we have an upload button where you can upload a .pdf file for example containing the gift card code. Auction winner/buyer will get instant access to the file the moment their payment clears.

We also support other file types like (zip; rar; psd; doc; docs; xls; xlsx). You can still edit your current listing and upload the files required Smiley

See you around!

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:57:39 PM

Hi, I recently sold one of my items here. Someone made an offer and I accepted it, buyer has paid through Escrow and now I need to ship. Now, is there anything I should be worried about? I really hope the escrow service is trustworthy, because it's a lot of money and I hope there won't be any scams involved, Ohterwise I'm screwed. I hope Cryptothrift proves legit  Undecided
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:26:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Forgive me.
CryptoTHRIFT...
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:44:03 PM

It'd be wise to get yourself in the WoT, btw.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 10:32:45 PM

Hi, I recently sold one of my items here. Someone made an offer and I accepted it, buyer has paid through Escrow and now I need to ship. Now, is there anything I should be worried about? I really hope the escrow service is trustworthy, because it's a lot of money and I hope there won't be any scams involved, Ohterwise I'm screwed. I hope Cryptothrift proves legit  Undecided
Hi, just wondering how your escrow went? Hope all good? Smiley

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:40:23 AM

I'm still waiting thanks for checking, I'll update when transaction is finished  Smiley
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:51:54 AM

I'm still waiting thanks for checking, I'll update when transaction is finished  Smiley
Sure no worries! Please let us know how things go or if you encounter any issues

NO2squik

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:13:40 AM

I sure hope CryptoThrift attains the glory of the former Bitmit. That site was quite useful.

I suggest you add a current bitcoin price at the top of every page, so a visitor can see what price the site is using at the current moment. If I recall, Bitmit used the average price.
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 10:37:48 AM

I sure hope CryptoThrift attains the glory of the former Bitmit. That site was quite useful.

I suggest you add a current bitcoin price at the top of every page, so a visitor can see what price the site is using at the current moment. If I recall, Bitmit used the average price.
Thanks for the kind wishes. We are also using bitcoinaverage for our API and will be adding this to our top header very soon Smiley

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:20:12 AM

Sure no worries! Please let us know how things go or if you encounter any issues

Finally I'm happy to say that so far Cryptothrift has proven to be one of the best sites I've found so far to sell stuff online mostly because it has good traffic. I posted an item last friday and it sold on the same day, the buyer received package yesterday, today he released the funds and they were in my wallet almost intermediately.  Cheesy Cryptothrift is awesome!
Drug5bitz

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:07:31 PM

I would like to reiterate the fact Started using cryptothrift after the bitmit announcement. Moved all my items quickly, have had a few sales only one canceled order. Coins came in quickly and I absolutely love multiple crypto currencies. I'm happy so far, plus they host the files themselves. Just need some more advertising to get the word out. FYI I found bitmit on bitvisitor, most starting users just want a little to start and find a place to spend it easy.

If you would like to donate to my jalapeno mods, or just buy me a b33r it's all appreciated.

BTC Address 1DX24XAojH2qjAgFzbME81o9BD3yDjfGLR
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:49:54 AM

Duetschpire, one thing I would suggest is to increase the font size on all the page it's kinda small, specially the main logo. I just think it'd be a good idea that's all  Undecided
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:46:35 PM

I'm so glad that you like the site.

Font size is one of the things we'll be working on when we finish our CSS redesigning, a lot of design changes will be taking place.

Advertising is one on the very main things we'll be focusing on as well, we're already in talk with few bitcoin businesses over advertising, it's just a matter of getting (as we say in crypto) "the best bang for our buck" Wink

If anyone has recommendations for ad spots, please feel free to send them across

Kyogre

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:07:27 AM

This site is a excellent bitmit alternative. It's good that feathercoin and litecoin are getting some love, too.  Cheesy
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 01:51:58 AM

This site is a excellent bitmit alternative. It's good that feathercoin and litecoin are getting some love, too.  Cheesy
Thanks!

Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 02:55:55 AM

New look and feel for the new Year... Check cryptothrift.com

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: