Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:00:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinbase account was hacked...  (Read 1671 times)
JungleBook (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Coinbase account was hacked even with 3 layers of protection.

So I did a withdraw from BTC Guild to Coinbase.com. The payment went through and then less 20 minutes later my account sent a random address the exact amount I withdrawal from BTC guild pool . So I am not sure if it’s a hack on BTC guild or Coinbase. The fact I have yet to hear from Coinbase makes me nervous.

Been with CoinBase for a while and did not expect anything like this from them. People better check their CoinBase account to see if you still have your Bitcoin
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:36:33 AM

Whats bad is Not only is my BTC gone they have access to my bank account .Anyone know a contact from CoinBase that i can speak with on this forum
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:47:10 AM

ANYONE seen anything like this from Coinbase before?
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:25:33 AM

Coinbase usually transfers coins from the address you send it to to another one they control. Have you actually logged in and checked? Do you have an authenticator set up?
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:29:34 AM

[ANN] Coinbase account was hacked... I don't understand something and I jump the gun and make wild conclusions before I even contact the support.
FTFY
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:30:56 AM

Oh, and you are not in the right forum section. This kind of thread belongs to Service Discussion subforum.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:33:14 AM

Oh, and change the thread title from "[ANN] Coinbase account was hacked..." to "I have no idea how Coinbase works so can someone please explain it to me"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:47:21 AM

Oh, and change the thread title from "[ANN] Coinbase account was hacked..." to "I have no idea how Coinbase works so can someone please explain it to me"

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that you  put money into one place and then something other than yourself transfers it out. YES been with bitcoin from day one. Used coinbase for hundreds of transaction. So yea guess you can say i am pretty versed in coinbase protocol
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:42:01 AM

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that you  put money into one place and then something other than yourself transfers it out. YES been with bitcoin from day one. Used coinbase for hundreds of transaction. So yea guess you can say i am pretty versed in coinbase protocol
OK, so was your Coinbase account drained (total balance changed) or was it just the Bitcoin address that Coinbase gave you to make the deposit drained and sent somewhere else?

Please also post the Bitcoin address you sent your coins to so we can help you figure out where they went.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:44:41 AM

YES been with bitcoin from day one.

Hi Satoshi.  Why are you so much stupider now than you were in 2009?
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:05:44 PM

YES been with bitcoin from day one.

Hi Satoshi.  Why are you so much stupider now than you were in 2009?

I am no Satoshi but i am also no rookie
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:00:00 AM

Wow still no word from coinbase!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: