Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2016, 08:31:40 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.0  [Torrent].
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: XDX 6850 GPU crashing in windows -- ??  (Read 830 times)

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 07:56:02 PM

So about a month ago i built a new gaming rig for my father, two weeks after that i discovered bitcoin mining.  This computer had been gaming at 3.6ghz CPU  840mhz GPU 8 hours a day for two weeks solid , then bitcoin mining at 875mhz a week solid.  not a single crash.  I ship it down to my father (he is retired and had an old dual core amd with geforce 8800 setup)  which he was going to give to me

right out of the box, gpu crashes on new system in windows every 7 -15 seconds,  then recovers.  screen goes blank  then comes back.  -- just repeats.  i tried downclocking to lowest clock speed/memory speed and made no difference. He shipped 6850 back to me, i gave him my 5830 and hes running good.  I just got the 6850 today

Just for the hell of it, i opened guiminer and started hashing and suddenly it stopped crashing!   Turn clock speed up to 875, running completely stable at 70C...

I stop miner, it starts crashing again.  does that make any sense??

also: video didnt crash at all while install windows 7 -- starts after 11.6 catalyst installed.
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.