Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction  (Read 385 times)
steelboy (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:18:46 AM

I have sent some bitcoins to fund a localbitcoins transaction over 11 hours ago and it is still showing as unconfirmed. I can't remember anything taking this long before.

My wallet says the funds are out of the wallet but still no confirmations.

ANy ideas
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:22:47 AM

No fee included?

There is a large number of unconfirmed transactions and if you included no fee you are at the end of them.

If you have the tx id look it up on blockchain.info.  It should provide you a very rough estimate of how long it will take to get confirmed.
steelboy (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:34:55 AM

Hi

Just checked the transaction and there is no fee. I have no idea why it did that though and i've never checked before. I will have to double check before i send

The estimated time is 17 hours, is that a realistic time or will it take forever?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:36:22 AM

Forever? probably not but it could take substantially more or less than 17 hours.  At this point you just got to wait and maybe beg some pools to start creating larger blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: