Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you choose ICO to invest?  (Read 484 times)
bogdasha07 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:38:08 PM

What criterias do you take into account when choosing?
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:48:46 PM

Take my advice as a guide to verifying any ICO:
1. On preico, the team must have a contract for automatic transfer of funds with prescribed conditions for early investors - not handles like many do, namely those prescribed in a smart contract - otherwise the collected funds can simply enrich the funders or conditions will change during the play - cases of lots.
2. The contract for preICO should be part of a large ICO contract - not different coins - it is not safe in terms of vulnerabilities and withdrawals.
3. The contract for preICO and then the ICO should be registered lower and upper barrier - if this is not the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should be escrow of the funds received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multisec with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. In the contract, an unconditional refund should be prescribed in the event that the lower limit of the collected pool is not reached. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not - scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GithHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:51:17 PM

apart from reading wp (that is a must!) I just check whether I like the team and the idea of the project, there should be something interesting about it and appealing to me personally
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:52:45 PM

Meet the team in person
Think if i buy and use their services
dont go all in on one project
Sivainvest

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:43:20 PM

I start from sites where people do some analyse before me, like icoholder.com or icobench.com . Then I look for ICO with best marks, like this https://contribute.safecrypt.io
then I look website, read whitepaper, join telegram chat and then I do my own conclusions about the project.
gelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:18:25 PM

First of all, when choosing an ICO it is necessary to look at the idea of the project, whether it is good or not. In the second place it is necessary to look at the developers, as they actively communicate with the audience. In the third turn, it is necessary to see how authoritative people speak about the project, in this area.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
singpolyma

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:46:11 PM

There are an incredibly large number of criteria, most of which have already been named, but personally I am primarily trying to find as much information about the project in social networks.
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:36:50 AM

I choose the ICO which does not need a new cryptocurrency for it work
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:39:25 AM

I will choose ICO that has reached softcap, so ICO is not fail.
yrsat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

Firstly, I look at the product they want to make, and whether it is in my opinion a society now. I pay a lot of attention to the partners of the crypto project, not to the advisers and partners. That's enough for me.
Tonygold1967

Merit: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:43:38 AM

Visit: icoguide.com, it is very good platform, rates are very good and real.

My favorite ICO is ambit Mining - do not miss public sale, from April 20
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:34:41 PM
Merited by syaripudin (1)

Need to be selective in choosing ICO. Always remember that not all ICOs will succeed. In the business world we also already know of thousands of new startup surely there are only a few that are successful. Therefore, if we intend to invest through ICO, we must be selective and understand the projects we follow. Some that need to be checked:
1. Whitepaper and its contents If the whitepaper is not clear and does not make sense, we better move away.
2. info about team, ability, credibility If the team that handles the ICO is not given, or kept a secret, we better move away.
3. Whether the market cap is fluctuating or not If the minimum and maximum money is changed at the time of the ICO offer or earlier, you better leave.
hermanjones18

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:19:05 AM

I choose the ICO which does not need a new cryptocurrency for it work
wmichast12

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:43:11 AM

I independently analyze projects without relying on rating sites. My last choice was a German project Vreo.io Here is their link at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707 Telegram grp https://t.me/vreoico  Very satisfied with the work of the team,
they make a native in-gaming  advertising

It is recommended to consider the following parameters in project analysis:

1. Market. It determines the project scale and development potential to a large extent. The perfect situation is as follows:
• A market with high development potential already having sufficient volume or a unique market;
• Low competition or its absence;
• Forecast that the project will take a significant market share.

2. Product. The value and potential of the idea itself can only be assessed subjectively. Attributes of a perfect product (as of ICO date) are:
• Unique idea, good blockchain usage, open-source;
• Solution to a relevant market problem;
• Technical part is well described in the whitepaper;
• The market is already ready for the product or will be ready within a couple of years;
• Problems of other blockchain projects do not impact the product performance;
• Community gives a positive feedback on the product, sees its value.

3. Token role. An important aspect for any investor directly influencing profitability. It is difficult to single out the best token model, but the required attributes can be described:
• Functional application within the network, which cannot operate without the token;
• The token demand among the network participants increases together with the project development.

4. Current achievements. This will help to understand the main goal of the team - to launch a particular product or to earn by means of ICO, and whether the team can work without substantial financing. Notable achievements prior to an ICO lower the risks for an investor. The examples of such achievements are:
• Free access to the alpha version of product;
• Speeches at conferences;
• Valuable partnerships.

5. Roadmap. Information from a roadmap will give the investor a clue as to when to expect any market activity. When a project hits its milestone, token prices usually surge. An ideal roadmap contains a detailed description of development stages taking financial component into account. In this case the team has a good understanding of how to move to the set goal.

6. Team. This factor is the main indicator of further project success for many investors. A good team can change the product or invent a new one in the worst-case scenario while a bad team can fail even with the best idea. A perfect team at the ICO stage includes:
• People having experience / expertise on the selected market (it is kind of hard to create a product for lawyers without any lawyers);
• Blockchain developers;
• People undertaking business process (operations, finance, scaling);
• CEO with experience in management and business;
• Advisory board to complement the team in the above mentioned aspects.

7. ICO conditions. Pay attention to the three following components: ICO limits, holding conditions, token distribution. There is no correct format, the conditions may significantly differ depending on the specific crowdsale. Positive aspects for each of the components are:
• The minimum and maximum amounts the project can collect correspond to its scale. It means that if a project fails to reach the minimum amount, all funds will be returned to the investors, and in case of a success the project will not receive any "excess" money. It's a big plus if the team can justify the ICO limits rather than just indicate the collected funds application fields. Even better if the money is given out in parts, upon reaching of particular milestones.
• The holding terms prevent accumulation of tokens in the hands of the largest players (whales);
• Token distribution is specifically justified by the team, the founders get a small percentage (15-20%). The team will not be able to sell tokens for an extended period of time.

chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:14:10 PM

The criteria I look for is good idea, team with relevant expertise, real life application of the project. I read the whitepaper, look at the road map and see how active the team is in crypto.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

Everything must be consider before you invest because its really risky if you don’t make any effort on that. Personally, I just keep on reading until I fully understand the project and that is the time for me to participate on the specific ICO.
nfransisca

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:04:04 PM

i'm personally survey based on icobench rating first. i think it's important to have up to 4.0 rate. the other one is  are the dev team and their whitepaper.
cerberus5424

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:08:23 PM

My friend helps me with the choice of ICO projects, as he has been well versed in this topic for a long time. But the main principles of choosing an ICO project are: the team that makes the project, the project itself (whether it will be necessary to anyone after the end of the ICO), as well as the amount that is allocated to the bounty company.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:09:28 PM

there are many considerations and research you should do before investing in ico. if you miss it, then I am sure you will lose. try visiting this thread and hopefully you can understand.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822896.msg28918031#msg28918031
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:33:44 PM

Some of the basic procedures or criteria you need to follow while choosing ICO are listed below:
1-The idea behind the project must be good and innovative
2-The technical team or developers behind the project must be reliable and they must be active on social media responding to people's issues
3-The funds must get automatically transferred to the wallets without showing any errors
Look for the above given points at first.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: